[Help] Links "bleed" into unintended parts of the UI when working in gui.stringtable

So, I got a issue/question that I was wondering if someone could try to replicate or perhaps even have an answer to...

When working in the gui.stringtable file I ran into an issue when altering ID 1104. There seems to be some kind of code "spilling over" to other parts of the gui text that's unintended.

This code:

<Entry>
      <ID>1104</ID>
      <DefaultText><line-height=100%><link="glossary://GlossaryEntry_Health"><#80e27e>{0} Health<space=0.7em><voffset=0.1em><size=80%><sprite="Inline" name="cs_health" tint=1></size></voffset><space=-0.8em><voffset=0.8em><size=45%><#4caf50><sprite="Inline" name="cs_health" tint=1></color></size></voffset></color></link> Restored</line-height></DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
</Entry>

Results in this "spill over" effect:

9t4jX88.png

The area marked in red becomes one continuous link but the link should only start at "+13.3" if I understand things correctly.

Anyone got any theories as to why this might happen?

The "Party Wide Effect" is from the pet Abraham if that helps any.

Edit: This issue persist even if <ID>1104</ID> is the only entry in the mods gui.stringtable file.

Edited by Spherical

Editor and Designer
Enhanced User Interface
Nexus Mods | Steam Workshop

What makes things even stranger is that adding an additional link (without closing it) right at the start of the <DefaultText> tag seems to fix the issue:

<Entry>
      <ID>1104</ID>
      <DefaultText><link="glossary://GlossaryEntry_Health"><line-height=100%><link="glossary://GlossaryEntry_Health"><#80e27e>{0} Health<space=0.7em><voffset=0.1em><size=80%><sprite="Inline" name="cs_health" tint=1></size></voffset><space=-0.8em><voffset=0.8em><size=45%><#4caf50><sprite="Inline" name="cs_health" tint=1></color></size></voffset></color></link> Restored</line-height></DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
</Entry>

Editor and Designer
Enhanced User Interface
Nexus Mods | Steam Workshop

It looks like it's because you've put "{0} Health" inside a link, but the {0} can also contain a link (to trigger the breakdown tooltip).  Links inside of links cause either TextMesh Pro or the glossary link inserter to break.  You should make sure the {0} part is not inside your manual glossary link, or use to disable the glossary link inserter inside your manual link.

• Like 2