I don’t question the use of Ashley.

I do question the amount of narration they opted for.

I do question the decision to use her for anything other than narration.

• Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

Please, for the love of Gaun, give the voice actress that portrays Ydwin (as well as the story narrator) some coffee!!!!!!

You insensitive clod! Leave Ydwin alone.

I have no idea who the voiceactor is or what she's done (she certainly seems well-respected) but yeah, I have a really hard time with her voice as used in Deadfire. At least for the narrator and Ydwin, don't know if she does any more.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I have no idea who the voiceactor is or what she's done (she certainly seems well-respected) but yeah, I have a really hard time with her voice as used in Deadfire. At least for the narrator and Ydwin, don't know if she does any more.

Ellie, Last of Us

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I only knew her from the tv show Blindspot. Here are some of the things she has done, including The Last of Us, like Achilles mentioned:

sign.jpg

I don't really know her outside Deadfire. I just really really enjoy her narration. 

Like Ydwin as well, though I find it difficult to seperate her from the narrator (unlike Matt Merces whose Aloth&Eder never clashed for me). 

• Like 1

The next Fig Campaign will have a stretch goal to resurrect Orson Welles to use his voice for narration.

Nobody could sound bored like Orson Welles.

Yea, we will have the most bored-sounding of all narrators!

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

The next Fig Campaign will have a stretch goal to resurrect Orson Welles to use his voice for narration.

Nobody could sound bored like Orson Welles.

Yea, we will have the most bored-sounding of all narrators!

"I play a planet. I menace somebody called Something-or-other. Then I'm destroyed."- Orson Welles

In fairness I think Welles would have loved game narration. But I'd get a kick out of Obsidian getting someone like Maurice LaMarche (Who does Welles impressions.) to do some voice work.

I KNOW SAWYER UNDERSTANDS THESE REFERENCES OBSIDIAN!

Edited by Big-Ben
  • Like 1

Yes! We have no bananas.

That's just because she's a woman. Since your mommy is a woman, too (I assume) and she always told you what to do until you had the balls to move out but still did your laundry you now feel patronized when listening to a female narrator.

Nope, I'm not serious. :p

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That's just because she's a woman. Since your mommy is a woman, too (I assume) and she always told you what to do until you had the balls to move out but still did your laundry you now feel patronized when listening to a female narrator.

Nope, I'm not serious. :p

...you know, that's exactly why I dislike princess Leia, what with her always bossing people around like irritated, cranky, too demanding mum. And I am serious.  :w00t:

• Like 1

But Leia is basically a Jesus. Have you watched the latest mainstream movie? You can not say no to Jesus! Aaahh-men!

I don't think Ydwin was supposed to be giddy and cheerful. She's an emo vampire. She is supposed to sound like she does. Very good job from the VA, in my opinion.

• Like 2