Painted Masks Bug

Araminia16

Question

I read on a different post earlier in the week that someone was having an issue on Ori O Koiki with speaking to Rusare after doing Crookspur and having the RDC move in. I didn't realize this would be an issue otherwise I wouldn't have done it 10 hours ago. I went to Ori O Koiki after getting Aloth to tell me more about Painted Masks and went into the sactum to speak with Rusare. I had the option after seeing the mural of asking her about Thaos and Face Paint but was told to have patience and to not waste everyone's time. Then I go into the same dialogue where I tell her Master Kua is dead then use the diplomatic approach to have her not kick me out but after that I go to her and she tells me to go away. 

There is no way to read her soul to further the quest. I have tried Validating my files, reloading the autosave, and trying different options for dialogue but it all ends the same way. This is a known bug and has been for a couple of months now and I saw that you guys say its fixed but its not. And my game is up to date. Just thought I would let you know that I am still having an issue with it and this is game breaking for me. I'm too far in to just go back that far and I don't have the time to do it. I'm a little heartbroken since I'm romancing Aloth. I don't want to have to kill her either. 

Will there be another hotfix soon?

4 answers to this question

Hi Araminia16,

Could you please provide us with your save file in which the issue is occurring and another save file right when you get to Crookspur (before you've done anything to the slavers) so that we may try to reproduce this issue using your game progression?

Save File: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II

Thanks!

Good to know this was a thing as I've pretty much got the same situation going and was about to hit up Rusare. That was hour 41 and I'm at hour 62, so I definitely will not be going backwards, haha.

Here are saves right before arriving at Crookspur and in Rusare's pad hours after nuking Crookspur. I had freed the Wahaki fighters (without sounding an alarm) and convinced them to flee before the decimation: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/046n0mkinskq91o/AADtbxi18uilelXIzoN-ymaCa?dl=0

None of the mods I used touch the quests - just hair color and junk -  and I believe I did Crookspur before the last major edit (I think).