Playing a character with this bow atm and the description tells me that when i have critically hit an enemy with it a creature should spawn upon its death, yet it hardly ever does? I can see the crit and i can see the effect on the mob but when it dies it rarely ever spawn anything from the carcass. Is it supposed to be RNG or am i not allowed to kill them with DoTs such as arterial strike?

I loved the bow with all its utility and stuff.  Until I got charmed, crit my ally, ally insta-died from the "destroyed" debuff, couldn't loot body back for items , and then had same results shooting allies to test it again. I assume it can eat items too on trash so I just stopped using it in fear. :\ Damn animancy! :shakesfist:

Edited by Metaturtle

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

During (exhaustive) testing sessions I never had any problems with it though.

Just note that it often summons a pet - like a cat or a dog - that can't do anything and neither takes part in combat nor anything else. It's just there and can be overlooked easily. It might be that those bug reports were from people who missed this - or the weapon is really bugged. But as I said: not when I use it (at least not yet).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

During (exhaustive) testing sessions I never had any problems with it though.

Just note that it often summons a pet - like a cat or a dog - that can't do anything and neither takes part in combat nor anything else. It's just there and can be overlooked easily. It might be that those bug reports were from people who missed this - or the weapon is really bugged. But as I said: not when I use it (at least not yet).

Yeah that might be it, noticed a super small cat earlier lol. Alltho it seems to not spawn anything if u one shot the mob from stealth

We did discover an issue with the Animancer Bow where during the destruction of the target creature if the that creature happened to have a lot of abilities (often kith) then it would be possible that creature would be destroyed and their status effects cleared before they all triggered. This would cause an exception and prevent the new creature from being summoned. The issue has been fixed internally and should be resolved in the next patch. Thanks for helping us track down this issue.

• Like 3

We did discover an issue with the Animancer Bow where during the destruction of the target creature if the that creature happened to have a lot of abilities (often kith) then it would be possible that creature would be destroyed and their status effects cleared before they all triggered. This would cause an exception and prevent the new creature from being summoned. The issue has been fixed internally and should be resolved in the next patch. Thanks for helping us track down this issue.

Thank you for clearing that up, makes sense to me because it was generally kith enemies I noticed it on. Also Xaurips I one shot from stealth do not spawn any creatures either.