What do you think is better sneak/ deathblows vs bloodthirst/ lust

When people think of rogues they think of sneak attacks and deathblows

When people think of barbs they think of blood thirst and blood lust

These are all probably the best and most powerful offensive passive abilities you can get in the game.

Am very interested in what people have to say here.

Given one pair of abilities increases your damage against targets with afflictions significantly, and the other speeds you up whenever you kill something, I would say that they're not similar enough to say one is better than the other. They function in very different ways, towards very different ends.

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Agree with gkathellar.

But In terms of overall effectiveness blood thirst/lust wins since it work for everything (spells, weapons u name it) but for any weapon using dps I'd pick sneak attack, deathblows and deep wounds over the barbarian speed enhancements any day.

Edited by Dorftek
  • Like 1

for single target dps rogue is clearly better with their bonuses, for other stuff barbarian with exception of maybe a rogue/x aoe blunderbuss build because why sacrifice steller single target rogue dps from Xefa's/Scordeo's (when you are facing a single target)  for a bit better mass killing with the barb passives. 

rangers can multi with barb very effectively though because they have good single target sustain via extra accuracy. - it's kind of questionable there what is best really. 

all spellcasting classes are probably better off with barbarian though - I find the witches shamans and warlocks I build more powerful than the rogue multiclass equivalents.

You would build a witch completely different to a mindstalker though for example, because you need to focus on good single target dps more in the cipher tree when running into a dragon or a boss - that means recall agony instead of mindblades, disintegrate is a must on a witch and probably optional on a mindstalker, who can just spam crippling strike/ ring the bell on a boss target. same thing on shaman - you generally want to go skaen or if unlocked woedica and make sure you have good single target deeps because the barbarian stuff is effective in getting rid of a bunch of enemies but lacks single target of rogue.