How was the DLC backer add-On resolved for higher tier backers?

I don't remember all the details, so please correct me if I'm wrong:

As far as I remember, the publisher of Deadfire announced that for certain editions of the game, the DLC season pass would already be included. In my memory, this announcement lead to some confusion, since several backers paid additional money to get the DLC season pass, which would then be obsolete given that FIG backer tiers were mapped to the available retail editions of the game. I remember some comments from the devs along the lines that this will be resolved somehow, but I never heard the end of the story, given that I stayed away from the forums to avoid spoilers.

So, did events transpire as I remember and if yes, how did everything turn out? I think I would be one of the people that are subject to this problem.

If you qualified for the Season Pass you are able to select a location for a redeemable code on the backer portal site. I backed high enough and generated my code there. After punching it in I know should automatically download the expansion the moment it releases. On GOG anyway.

• Like 1

Yes! We have no bananas.

I believe Doppelschwert is referencing the scenario where a backer ended up with two DLC passes due to the unanticipated addition of the DLC pass to the collector's edition of Deadfire.  Backers who found themselves in this situation were advised to send a message to support@obsidian.net to request a refund for the additional DLC pass that was purchased during the Fig campaign.  

DozingDragon has it right, thanks for the info!

Has anyone a link to the original post? I'm not sure what the conditions are to qualify for the refund.

I don’t have a link, but that’s the exact process I am using right now. Basically, if you see you have two DLC passes on the backer portal, I would suggest claiming one of the passes by generating the product key, and then sending an email to support@obsidian.net to request your refund for the second DLC pass.