This is a feature I feel the game is missing, recently playing magrans fire with both challenges, it's physically impossible to do triple crown solo with magrans challenge using a point and click. Unless you have some ultimate RPM, and the ability the avoid the sometimes unresponsive interface that takes time to open. 

This forces you to just play AI mode, a mode where you just watch the battle unfold, and hopefully your AI making skills are good enough. (Unless your mixed with a chanter who can abuse the inability to leave combat) 

I feel this would make the game feel more interactable.

Currently It feels like playing a awkward moba if you don't use AI (which i prefer not to use). If the enemy, doesnt have engagement you play around there attack animations zig zaging back and forward so the enemies waste there attack and you can get a free hit. But the annoying part is when you want to use a skill, and you want to avoid as much damage as possible, you are forced to go run a safe distance to try and select a skill so you can use them.. But don't let me forget to mention the aiming it takes, if you misclick you better reclick that skill tab againnn, and the fact that sometimes your character runs up to the enemy, and forgets he was suppose to use his attack -_-.

I feel like this should be a thing, Relying on AI is kinda lame, and takes the skill base out of it.

Just to note, I've gone really far in triple crown solo and all challenges. I don't do reloads and cheat. The only thing that ever kills me is broken areas, glitches that freezes me in a spot unable to leave battle even if everything is dead. One example is a quest in nekataka with the magic fingers. If you choose to fight the guy, you fight the whole town, you get forced to slaughter to whole village. But since i never knew that glitch on my first run, i used up all my rogue skills to slaughter the group of enemies, and was left vulnerable to everything else.

Edited by Elizer

This is a feature I feel the game is missing, recently playing magrans fire with both challenges, it's physically impossible to do triple crown solo with magrans challenge using a point and click. Unless you have some ultimate RPM, and the ability the avoid the sometimes unresponsive interface that takes time to open. 

This forces you to just play AI mode, a mode where you just watch the battle unfold, and hopefully your AI making skills are good enough. (Unless your mixed with a chanter who can abuse the inability to leave combat) 

Currently It feels like playing a awkward moba if you don't use AI (which i prefer not to use). If the enemy, doesnt have engagement you play around there attack animations zig zaging back and forward so the enemies waste there attack and you can get a free hit. But the annoying part is when you want to use a skill, and you want to avoid as much damage as possible, you are forced to go run a safe distance to try and select a skill so you can use them.. But don't let me forget to mention the aiming it takes, if you misclick you better reclick that skill tab againnn, and the fact that sometimes your character runs up to the enemy, and forgets he was suppose to use his attack -_-.

I feel like this should be a thing, Relying on AI is kinda lame, and takes the skill base out of it.

Just to note, I've gone really far in triple crown solo and all challenges. I don't do reloads and cheat. The only thing that ever kills me is broken areas, glitches that freezes me in a spot unable to leave battle even if everything is dead. One example is a quest in nekataka with the magic fingers. If you choose to fight the guy, you fight the whole town, you get forced to slaughter to whole village. But since i never knew that glitch on my first run, i used up all my rogue skills to slaughter the group of enemies, and was left vulnerable to everything else.

You can bind skills by mousing over them and pressing the desired key (though I think this is limited to Fs).

That being said, I do agree, and strongly, that if one wants to play the game without pausing, using keyboard shortcuts is a must.

Alas, this is not entirely feasible due to the response time of the interface (sluggish); and this is something that needs to be improved.

Personally, as a Broodwar veteran, I would love to do boss battles using the keyboard for everything except targeting.

However, I'm not sure if this level of reactivity is implementable given the turn-based nature of the game,

which is supposed to emulate the look and feel of the good old Infinity Engine games ("Balduroids") to a degree.

You can bind skills by mousing over them and pressing the desired key (though I think this is limited to Fs).

That being said, I do agree, and strongly, that if one wants to play the game without pausing, using keyboard shortcuts is a must.

Alas, this is not entirely feasible due to the response time of the interface (sluggish); and this is something that needs to be improved.

Personally, as a Broodwar veteran, I would love to do boss battles using the keyboard for everything except targeting.

However, I'm not sure if this level of reactivity is implementable given the turn-based nature of the game,

which is supposed to emulate the look and feel of the good old Infinity Engine games ("Balduroids") to a degree.

Holy Moly, I never knew you could do that. You my friend, you have opened up new possibilities, although i dislike F's it feels awkward to reach on my keyboard.

You should not want to play without pausing, that makes it too close to not being an RPG!!!!!!!

Magrans Challenge - ;)

Edited

Also, RPG = ROLE PLAYING GAME, this means your playing as something in the fantasy aspect. World of warcraft is a mmorpg, mostly all online games are RPGs.  This means saying something is an RPG, doesn't define it's play style.

I would like to note, POE's game style is more on the RTS(Real Time Strategy/ATB(Active Time Battle) systems than anything else.

Edited by Elizer

You can bind *Any* key with *any* ability, just hover the mouse over tge ability/skill and press the key.

CAVEAT: the key have to be "free" ( not used for other functions by the game. Es: if you binded "a" for attack or "i" to inventory ( default in the game, you can't use "a" nor "i" as a shortcut for abilities. As standard "q"should be free)

So before do this, is a good idea to go tue the control panel and remove most of unused keys to "free them"

• Like 1

You can bind *Any* key with *any* ability, just hover the mouse over tge ability/skill and press the key.

CAVEAT: the key have to be "free" ( not used for other functions by the game. Es: if you binded "a" for attack or "i" to inventory ( default in the game, you can't use "a" nor "i" as a shortcut for abilities. As standard "q"should be free)

So before do this, is a good idea to go tue the control panel and remove most of unused keys to "free them"

Thats weird, I'm only able to bind f1-f4, just 4 buttons

Edit: Nvm, confirmed thanks for the extra info :3

Edited by Elizer
  • Like 1