Forgotten Sanctum: Will Fassina Have A Role In That DLC?

I wouldn't be too surprised at an "Ydwin in BOW" level of content, but then Fassina's much less of a fan favourite. It would be nice if Concelhaut's skull got a few lines! And also if they tuned down the frequency of his barks so I'd actually want to take him anywhere!!

• Like 7

I definitely hope so, as it would be a shame to diminish a potential plot hook just because she isn't a fan favourite. I'd by far prefer having some of the sidekicks fleshed out more over getting more of them.

Though it definitely depends on Arkemyr's importance in the DLC.

• Like 1

*If* they follow the same pattern as BoW, I suspect she'll have some reaction lines. I'm kind of hoping for more in depth conversations, either with companions or others. Even if they were not voiced (I don't care about that anyways).

And also if they tuned down the frequency of his barks so I'd actually want to take him anywhere!!

I love how chipper that was.

So, Rekke, Mirke, Ydwin and probably Fassina will all have some unique interactions.

Does that mean Konstanten will have some extra comments on Seeker Slayer Survivor? :p

You get his world famous massage after every fight.

Maybe we can avoid some fights by sending him there first to "soften" the opponents. :biggrin:

sign.jpg

Fassina never complained about my Watcher's shady business. I'm confident she won't mind how I deal with the circle on the DLC. :devil:

Haha definitely a benefit of sidekicks

Exactly. Companions should be suspicious when we call Fassina, Konstanten and the other sidekicks for a mission. ;)

Edit: "Don't worry, Maia. This is just an obscure bounty on a remote island. It has nothing to do with the RTC. I guarantee."

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

But honestly,I still think sidekicks is bad idea.

I disagree and it's 95% because of the reasons that Josh listed.  

But beyond that, I like having a pure Chanter in the party when there wasn't one from the companion list (for me, Tekehu is a Druid and I just can't see him as a Chanter).  I like the option of having a Monk with me. As well as the other options. 

Sure, I could always hire a merc.  But there's just something rewarding about having someone from the game world hanging around being part of the story.

Would I like more reactivity from them?  Of course.  But I'm satisfied with what I got.

The way I look at it is that Sidekicks are appetizers.  Something that can round out or supplement a meal.  To me, they mostly do, with only Konstanten really being a bit lacking.  But if he's getting a stronger role in the upcoming DLC, all the better.

So count me in the Pro Sidekick camp.  At worst, they're a base to be built on.  At best, they give folks More Choices.  Which, I seem to recall, is one of the things folks have been asking for when it comes to these games.

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire
  • Like 1

I like the idea of sidekicks but I stand by my opinion that they should make the best use of what they have to give the sidekicks as much presence in the game as possible. Maybe a dialogue tree and ending slides is overdoing it but they could still have gotten more impact from each companion without needing "hundred" of lines. If there's only budget for six lines of dialogue after the starting conversation then I'd propose something like:

One line in the final conversation and one in the bit before that where you talk to your companions.

One line at Ashen Maw.

One line at Hasongo.

One line each in any two side quests.

The sidekicks not speaking up much is not a big deal, but it should feel like they have some kind of presence in the significant events of the critical path

Edited by house2fly
  • Like 4

First off, I hate the notion of it either being 7 companions + sidekicks, or 7 companions. Surely, the time and resources invested in the 6 sidekicks could have made another companion or two.

Secondly, no, I would not have been happier with 7 + sidekicks than 7. People complain making sidekicks into companions takes too much effort, but sidekicks take effort that could have been literally anything else, and not felt so pointless. If you disagree, that's fine. I'm glad you enjoy your content. I just personally find their inclusion a negative because of the perceived waste that vexes me.

At least PoE eventually gave us one companion per class. You can argue Deadfire did too, as technically the 7 companions cover all 11 single classes, but now we can't have a single-classed Fighter and Rogue companion in the party, or any other combo where a character has overlap like this (Eder, Xoti, Tekehu, and Serafen) if you're playing companions+MC only unless your MC happens to be that class.

- and because of the above there are some choices in subclass that have been rightly criticized: Serafen, in particular, having single-class Barbarian. Yes, it's been rationalized as, "There's a difference between having a psionic ability and being a psionic combatant." - but honestly? They had a class quota to fill, and Serafen's just so happens to make very little narrative sense. Then you have Tekehu, while not often mentioned, who can be a member of the Watershaper's Guild when you meet him, and not actually be a Watershaper?

Unfortunately, rather than giving Fassina the role she deserves, we're likely to get a few lines of dialogue on a sidekick.

Edited by jintegrity

People complain making sidekicks into companions takes too much effort, but sidekicks take effort that could have been literally anything else, and not felt so pointless. If you disagree, that's fine. I'm glad you enjoy your content. I just personally find their inclusion a negative because of the perceived waste that vexes me.

But do we know if 1 companion would take the same effort as what they put into sidekicks? Maybe they wanted to include as many companions as possible and once they set the number they decided to offer the sidekicks as something extra.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of upgrading them to companions, but Josh Saywer said in a stream that they are aware people want it, so if they could why wouldn't they do it?

• Like 1

sign.jpg