Nvidia RTX Series

Bokishi

I'm not looking at discrete GPUs for anything besides pure curiosity any time soon. Barring a hardware failure, I have zero reason to replace anything or build a new system. My goal was always 4K at high or better settings and mission accomplished with my current hardware. I don't see the point in 8K unless the screen size is 100" or bigger and I wouldn't even consider purchasing a 100" 8K TV until they become affordable (read: $1000ish), that ain't happening any time soon. I don't even want to look up what a 100" 8K TV costs right now. I'm guessing it's 4 digits.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My stuff still mostly gets me 60fps/4k at High (more if not average aaa sorts, or if I turn on a little DLSS) and I'm fine with that. I don't game constantly anymore and not worth new (pricey) tops gpu without new cpu at this point, either, imo.

Thus I'm also waiting for the 5080/5090 to see what it does/the price. Maybe Death Stranding 2/PC will motivate a new build. Maybe.

I'm not sure there are any (consumer, common store) 100" 8k TV's available. Biggest I've seen mentioned in reviews is 86" ($5-$6k or more usually).  Which isn't to say there might not be some fancy dancy uber rich designer $15k version, not sold in consumer stores.
But I also see little point in 8k for typical home use, even for gaming. 100"+ to me would be when I'd prefer face-interface gaming/movie watching to become more (long session, comfortable/less intrusive to wear) usable/amazing instead, if one is interested in the "eyeball surround/immersion" sensation.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts