First of all, this post will be heavily edited as i play this guy further, but he has been tested at higher lvls using console to lvl 16 to test if the concept would work, and it did. As of right now the character is lvl 13 and is a blast to play.

I am currently at work, bored to death, wich is why i thought id start this post and i could edit it later when i get home, but because of this i cannot at this time be 100% accurate on my attributes or spells picked per lvl but i will edit that in when this character is all done.

Class: Mystic - Ascendant/Priest of Wael

Race: Wood Elf (not important tho)

Attribute dist. priority:

Mig: Medium

Con: Low'ish

Dex: Medium

Per: High

Int: High

Res: Dump

Skills: As of right now not important, that might change later but its doubtful.

Key gear pieces:

Weapon slot 1: Scordios Trophy + Nerian's Ward (Vs singletargets)

Weapon slot2: Whisper of the Endless Paths (vs groups)

Head: Whitewitch Mask

Chest: Fleshmender + 1 weaponslot (The Regen HP regen is much needed)

Gloves: Using 10% hit to graze gloves atm, cant find them on Wiki, later i might switch them out for something else.

Neck: Charm of Bones

Cloak: Cloak of Greater deflection

Rings: Marksman's Ring and Ring of Greater Regeneration

Belt: Trollhide belt

Boots: Ahu Taka https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Footprints_of_Ahu_Taka

Pet: Abraham

Food: Captain's banquett, Mohara Wraps, Glazed Chops or Brew Battered Ysae

How do we play this? First, before we pull we place a spell trap on the ground in front of us, the burn+blind is solid (searing seal), then we wait so we get our resource back. Pull with borrowed instinct, before u get borrowed instinct pull with the pistol so we get two rapid shots asap. Activate shield modal if enemies have good acc, cast Litany for Spirit (Accute, +5 int +1 PL) and then Arcane Veil, keep shooting until Ascended. When we Ascend we cast another arcane veil incase it ran out, then hit urself with Salvation of Time x2, enjoy ~1min of Ascended with massive deflection and hit to graze conversion pluss very high action/recovery speed from Scordios + Captains banquett. If u want to use potions or buff scrolls, use them right before u ascend. psychovampric shield + secret horrors + shining beacon - Mind Lance spamming is an amazing combo!
Keep pistol modal on at all times, we have enough ACC so we dont have to worry about, and we rather have the speed to build up action speed for spell casting rather then pistol shot crits.

This character is very defensive while also being very offensive, its a great mix =)

While i play this character i will record some fights and make a video to show how i play her.

I will edit this quite a lot during the next couple of days :)

Edited by Dorftek
  • Like 1

It's affected by int and it works with salvation of time, on lvl 16 with a lot of empty gear slots (including neckslot) I reached 53sec ascension and ~56sec arcane veil by using two salvation of time. (At lvl 16 I had to use an empower to get the second). It's good stuff :)

Before u Ascend and use SoT, drink a potion of Repulsive Visage :D

Having Terrify pulsing for a long time while spamming mindlances at the terrified enemies is a very satisfying feeling!

Edited by Dorftek

Yeah but you had to cast two salvation of time spells. This would take alot of time wouldnt it?

What is the cast time and recovery for salvation of time?

It is very quick, don't remember exactly but I think I had around 0.3sec cast and around 2sec recovery with my stats, and I wasn't even on captains banquett at that time. But you don't have to use both salvations right away, u can keep one for a second Ascension and by that point u will have even more action speed (if anything is even still alive)

Scordios Trophy is amazing for ascendants for this, let's u save a lot of time, with each shot u gain stacking action speed and once u reach ascended u can start casting right away because pistol don't have recovery

Edited by Dorftek

The only problem I have with this character so far on my solo playthrough is her lack of healing, wich is funny because priests are generally considered to be healers O_o

Concecrated grounds heals for basically as much as the paladins aura, sad **** because one is a passive and the other requires a spent resource, casting time and recovery time >_<

Edited by Dorftek

So correct me if I'm wrong, but build like this looks to be demanding as you level, getting all the right gear, etc. How do you create it with the console? On a late game char in current playthrough or do you start a new one?

Edited by Verde

Yeah i allways love people posting builds because it allways helps getting new information but im not seeing the love with this build. You have to waste a whole heap of spells and abilities for such a questionable outcome

It is not practical to do this and the cost of doing it is far to high. You lose 2 high level spells with the 2x salvation of time casts and the time it takes to do this. Salvation of time is an AOE aswell so this could almost be viewed as a waste of the spell using it on one person

Getting 1 minute of ascension where you can cast cipher powers without cost and increased Power Level (+2 in this case) while having fast cast times is not a questionable outcome.

By the way: Salvation of Time adds +20 sec on the first cast and +10 on the second currently.

Example: with the first cast of SoT you can "buy" the equivalent of 3 Amplified Waves (if you consider casting speed/recovery bonuses). Three Amplified Waves instead of one Pillar of Flames is a win for me personally.

So - not really questionable, but a bit fiddly perhaps.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I understand the doubt guys, i do and that is exactly why i wanted to make this character. Its not an obvious multiclass choice and i wanted to test it and from the brief testing i did i really enjoyed it. Once i am finished with her i will post a better OP and i will show some gameplay. 

Priest and Cipher spells work together very well btw, Psychovampiric shield is a quick spell and it debuffs enemy will by 20, makes it easier to land and possibly crit with Borrowed instincts, borrowed instincts amazing acc buff will help my priest spells and hit harder. After borrowed instincts and if im fighting a grp i will use Secret Horrors followed by Shining Beacon, Shining beacon will hit them hard on their already debuffed will and with my buffed up ACC and it will also further debuff their defenses by -10 wich stacks with any other debuff ive tried so far. Divine marks for example also target will, this spell crits really hard on single targets, ive had it hit for 146dmg and as a bonus this spell also debuffs deflection lol. So as i am nuking and hurting i am also debuffing them into oblivion. Wich is so much fun!!

You mean like OP suggested with Sc. Trophy? Nah - too obvious... :p

Ascension doesn't change the action speed on it's own, though. And that was Teclis' question.

Yeah, you can use some methods for speed stacking, like Scordeo's, maybe even the special foods but those are not connected with Ascension.

You mean like OP suggested with Sc. Trophy? Nah - too obvious... :p

Ascension doesn't change the action speed on it's own, though. And that was Teclis' question.

Yeah, you can use some methods for speed stacking, like Scordeo's, maybe even the special foods but those are not connected with Ascension.

All true. But my answer was not aimed at you. :) Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I like Skaen/Soul Blade (+50 Deflection vs all attack for 30 sec) + Sun & Moon and Tuotilo's Palm or Akola's Apex Ward, some kind of melee mystic, while both shields have some kind of relation you can regain your focus pretty easy :D

I care few potion of last stand and can always switch on BDD + Last Stand  

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)