Stuck on epilogue page - can't continue

UnexpectedMask

Question

In the slides in the epilogue of the game I am stuck on one of them and cannot continue, even though the button is selected. The slide is:

"Atsura sends a ship with food, aid, and a small garrison of soldiers to the unfortunate village. The leaderless tribe is all too happy to accept Rautai's generosity. They return the favor by reaching out to other far-flung tribes on behalf of their new benefactors."

I believe that this is linked to the isolationist Huana village Tikawara. I chose to support the Deadfire Company. With Eothas, I chose to ask him to pity the kith , and option 3 to look after souls until animancers fix the wheel.

Game can't be continued or exited without alt-F4. Bug exists even when the slide and the preceding one is not 'continued' until the dialogue has not finished.

Save file is too large to be attached.

post-145457-0-45023800-1534675115_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

I just posted for the same issue and i believe i found a solution (if you have the DLC).

The following slide concern the story of the DLC even if you don't have it. If the BoW is not installed the epilogue can't continue.

So to solve this problem you have to install BoW. I don't know what to do i you didn't purchase the DLC.

I think this problem is related to the fact that the base game (updatetd) consider BoW is installed no matter if its actually installed or not.

I'm really sorry for my english and i hope i'm clear enough.

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the end game slide bug.  I'm curious if Zigmun's solution worked for you UnexpectedMask.  Regardless if it did or not, I'm putting a bug into the database to get a fix in for this.  If you do have a save file where we can easily reproduce this would you be able to send that to us?  You can either provide a link to your files via Dropbox or you may attach them to an email for us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Thank you both for the help, and sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

On the start menu, when i put my mouse over the BoW logo, i get this :

9QgP0Mk.jpg

However that's the case even if i uncheck BoW DLC in GOG Galaxy. That's why i said the game seems to consider that BoW is installed even if you dont own it.

Does your game display this message too, when you put your mouse over the BoW logo UnexpectedMask ?

Edited by zigmun
  • Like 1

You're absolutely right! Great detective work.

I don't own the DLC, but the main page of the game shows that I have the BoW DLC installed when I mouse over it!

I'm running the game through GoG Galaxy, and have 8 DLC installed (see attached)

I recently re-installed the game onto a new drive (part-way through the playthrough), so it's a relatively fresh install, rather than being an old one that has been updated several times. I think it's even an install straight into the latest patch.

Edited by UnexpectedMask

Hello,

I have the same issue but on a different epilogue page. The text says "Ships continue to disappear at the southeastern fringe of the archipelago, and stories circulate of a colony of fampyrs and guls preying on their crews." 

I think it has something to do with the Splinters Reef which I never even discovered. I tried to reload from different savegames and restartet the game but I always get the same result. One thing I noticed beforehand was that after I turned of the machine that produces the storms, the effect sounds in combat where gone. I fought against the queen and only heard the voices but no weapon or spell sound at all, even after that the sound seemed to be broken. The sound problem also didn´t change when I reloaded a different savegame.

I bought the Gog Version and use the Gog Galaxy Client. Also I don´t own any DLC´s only the once that are free to download.

Any suggestions on a quick fix? I really would like to finish my first playthrough...

The savegames are to large to be attached, where can I email it to?

Greetings,

Daniela

It could be the same issue.

It seems, after the Tikawara, that the following slides concern all the things that haven't been done. The first slide concern Splinters Reef, and the epilogue stuck on the DLC that can't be done (because you don't have it).

Is this slide (about Splinters Reef) come just after the one concerning Tikawara ?

daniela, I emailed support@obsidian.net with my save file. They've been in touch with me to say that they are investigating.

You may also want to check and let them know if you have the same situation where the main page of the game shows that you have Beast of Winter installed.

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd give you an update that QA was able to reproduce the issue you all seem to be having and Programming is now in the process of fixing it.  Please continue to send any new information you may have to support@obsidian.net and I will add it to the bug report so they have the most up to date data to work with!  If you do send us information, please link this thread and mention your forum user name so we know what the email is referencing.

Thanks for all the help everyone!