[Bug | 2.01] Thaos' Headdress effect "sticks" on main character

Runestaff

Question

I'm not sure if this is simply a display bug or an actual in-game effect, but the +5 Will bonus against Mind Afflictions that is granted to party members by Thaos' Headdress persists on the main character (only) even when Aloth is no longer in the party.  This appears as both an icon next to the player's portrait in the main HUD as well as a listed effect in the character sheet.

Mousing over the "Will" icon in the character sheet does not show this effect, but I don't recall if it ever did since I'm well past the point of having a pre-Aloth save.

Resting does not reset the effect or display; I've had this all the way through the end of the game.

Although I've tagged this post as affecting patch 2.01, it's actually been present in every patch from at least 1.1 through 2.01 with this character.

1 answer to this question

Hello Runestaff,

You have definitely happened upon an interesting bug.  We do not currently have anything logged for this, so I'm going to put a bug report together for the team to investigate.  I cannot reproduce this issue on my machine, so I was hoping you might have a save file where this is still occurring.  if you could send me a copy of your save that would be amazing!  You can find instructions on where to find the save files here.  You can either provide a link to your files via Dropbox or you may attach them to an email for us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Thank you for the help and sorry for that bug.