Backer Physical Rewards delivered today

I finally received my physical backer rewards today. I donated at the Statue of Od Nua level. It was only 4 months late, but I understand its difficult to get a respectable delivery company on such a short two-year notice.

Okay, where to start. In the photos that I was shown of what we were to receive there were a statue and a stuffed Cosmo pig. The stuffed pig didn't show up, instead, I received a shirt pin with Cosmo on it.

Next, I received a metal case, of which I thought maybe I had gotten some physical copies of the game on DVD or a Blu-Ray disc, NOPE. What I received instead was a plastic card inside with Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire Backer Portal Key on it. 

Awesome, great, something nice I can add to my game. I plugged in the code at eternity.obsidian.net and it gave me yet another Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire Fig edition. 

Hmm, so I selected Steam, which is the platform I play on, and redeemed the code generated by the plastic cards number in my Obsidian account. Open Steam and select Redeem Code,  Steam lets me know that I already have this level of the game.  So I am not entirely sure why I have this extra code. I am guessing so I can give it away to a friend or family member or so I can play Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire on a different system: (Xbox, PS4, etc, etc). Most likely now though I have used the key code and wasted it because there is no directions or label on this fricken metal box or card or in the case that lets anyone know what hell the code is to be used for.

Personally, for me that was a waste of money on their part, they perhaps could have used that to actually give me the stuffed animal that was shown as part of the Backer Physical Rewards pack. 

Next was the cloth map: Nice but a bit thin, handle with care.

Next was a sew on patch. Yes, a sew-on patch, like you get in the Cub -Scouts. (I guess in this case an Explorers League patch for your Golden Pirate Pantaloons.

Next was a picture of Nekataka on a piece of resume paper.

Next was a mouse pad. (Best thing out of the whole box)

Next was a guidebook. (the same book you can buy at Barnes and Nobles from Dark Horse Comics)

The statue; It looks like the one in the photos, but when I picked it up, it's so light. A small desk fan could probably blow it over. It's made from a very cheap rubbery plastic. Kind of like the same stuff a baby doll is made from. Its even got a hole in the base for air to escape out of it, in case you want to sit around and squeeze it over and over. It's really cheaply made. Not at all what I expecting. 

They say hindsight is 20/20. Man, it's more like 20/10 with this. I am really let down by this. I've taken part in other backer beta's and this one by far is Dollar Tree physical rewards version of them all. (If anyone wants to buy this from me, let me know. The first reasonable offer will be accepted. I'll cover shipping, that is if I can find a trustworthy company to ship it to you. It might take me an hour or so to find one.)

M.

I understand your frustration; however for the sake of putting things into perspective: The Cosmo pin and Cosmo plushie are both a thing. The pin was added to all CE tiers, if memory serves, whereas the plushie was an extra reward for pledges of $500 or more. If you backed for less than $500, it makes sense that there’s no plushie; if you backed for $500 or more, I would reach out to support@obsidian.net; I’m sure they’ll make it right.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

In addition to Andrea's comments, they were upfront about their being no physical edition this time and clearly stated the "physical" boxes would just come with a steam key.  If you were surprised by that you did not do your research.  Everything else basically sounds as expected other than the statue?  Guess I will found out when I see my rewards on that front.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

I understand your frustration; however for the sake of putting things into perspective: The Cosmo pin and Cosmo plushie are both a thing. The pin was added to all CE tiers, if memory serves, whereas the plushie was an extra reward for pledges of $500 or more. If you backed for less than $500, it makes sense that there’s no plushie; if you backed for $500 or more, I would reach out to support@obsidian.net; I’m sure they’ll make it right.

>.> You only get a plushie if you payed them 500$? Thats a bit expensive..The game is already worth 75$ and isnt even complete (never seen a offline game with so many bugs before, and FPS issues) Technically there still making it.

That plushie better be durable and radioactive proof, being able to survive any nuclear blast, made of the most finest materials only the heavens can offer, making it resistant to dirt, and when you touch it,  it's texture better make you have some kind of internal orgasm that gives you the feel of grandeur. When you hug it it better have a chip that says your name,tells you it loves you, and makes chronic oinking sounds randomly. It better be able to be used as a toilet paper that never gets soiled if for some reason you need it for those weird purposes.

Edited by Elizer

I'm not sure what people expect from donating to these crowd funding campaigns. They are not going to give you all £500 worth of your donation back in gifts, otherwise what is the point?

But that sucks for you if it's completely shoddy and you want to shift it already.

• Like 1

nowt

To be punctilious, the plushie was an extra reward for backers who had already pledged $500 or more. It was introduced during the campaign and was not a thing from the get-go. I wouldn’t expect it to be a $500-quality plushie, if such a thing even existed; just a regular plushie given as a token of appreciation to munificent backers.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

>.> You only get a plushie if you payed them 500$? Thats a bit expensive..The game is already worth 75$ and isnt even complete (never seen a offline game with so many bugs before, and FPS issues) Technically there still making it.

That plushie better be durable and radioactive proof, being able to survive any nuclear blast, made of the most finest materials only the heavens can offer, making it resistant to dirt, and when you touch it, it's texture better make you have some kind of internal orgasm that gives you the feel of grandeur. When you hug it it better have a chip that says your name,tells you it loves you, and makes chronic oinking sounds randomly. It better be able to be used as a toilet paper that never gets soiled if for some reason you need it for those weird purposes.

You haven't seen as many bugs in other single player games?

Were you too young to buy Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines when it first came out?

• Like 1

If it's in good condition I'll buy yours, or anyone else's, for whatever you paid for it.  Throw it up on Ebay.

(If anyone wants to buy this from me, let me know. The first reasonable offer will be accepted. I'll cover shipping, that is if I can find a trustworthy company to ship it to you. It might take me an hour or so to find one.)

M.

I'm not saying there is no reason to complain, I think the descriptions for each tier could have been clearer evidenced by the fact that several people didn't know they were not getting a disk. I knew there wasn't going to be a disk though, it was stated several times so yeah I agree they could have been clearer but they never promiced a disk and you could have easily found clarification.

I havent recieved anything yet so I can't speak about the quality of the items but as others have stated this was a crowdfunding campaign. You backed the game, the rewards are just extras, a thankyou for backing at higher tiers. Sure they could be better but I didn't back at a collectors edition tier for some statue I wanted to support the game and have something I can stick on a shelf. You are definately going to feel ripped off if you are expecting the items to be of equal value to what you payed.