Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Backer rewards rip off

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Mikeymoonshine

Mikeymoonshine

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

That I know of, it was only mentioned in the Fig comments during the campaign. I can't remember if perhaps this was also mentioned over these boards during the campaign; maybe, or maybe not.

I agree this was very poor communication and I absolutely understand the frustration of those who didn't know they wouldn't get a physical copy. The wording on Fig indeed suggested there would be disks in the box.

Having backed at the signed CE tier, and having read about the absence of a physical disk on Fig during the crowdfunding campaign, I do not feel cheated or defrauded at all. The CE is beautiful and packed with goodies. However, it is absolutely true that backers at the non-CE box tier got a very bad deal compared to the Obsidian edition sold on Amazon. Their case is certainly unfair.

Yeah when I said I had seen it somewhere I wasn't implying that it was the fault of anyone else for not seeing it. Was just saying I knew I wasn't getting a disk and backed for the CE anyway so I don't feel like I got a raw deal.

I totally agree that backing for a physical copy and then just getting a box with a code in it is insane, I don't think Obsidian should have offered that teir at all or at least they should have made it clear what it was.

• Elfwine and Damitus like this

Elfwine

Elfwine

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Steam:lundrin
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Also received my "physical copy" a few days ago. To say I was disappointed, is to say nothing at all.  I have backed physical tier on FIG solely on assumption, that the box will be at least as good, as was delivered with the first game (which was completely acceptable for me: beautiful box, classic manual, disc). But this time I received a plastic card with game code and small paper insert with generic "thank you", all in a pretty standard dvd-box. I don't care how it happened, but this is not what I wanted, I don't need it, and no one warned me about it when I paid the shipping cost (I wouldn't pay 25$ (!) for shipping, if I knew what exactly I was paying for).

I was postponing my playthrough till I'll have my game box, and now that I have it, I don't even know if I want to play the game. Thanks, Obsidian, no more crowdfunding for you.

Edited by Elfwine, 03 October 2018 - 12:33 AM.

• dropko, namelessthree, mrsamsa and 1 other like this

dropko

dropko

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I feel exactly what you mean.

• Elfwine likes this

Morrydwen

Morrydwen

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Sent a mail to support. Hugely disappointed.

• dropko and mrsamsa like this

JediEagle

JediEagle

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Steam:jedieagle
  • PSN Portable ID:JediEagleSLO
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So, how long does it take to get a reply from support? I wrote to them 3 days ago. I used the Contact Us form, maybe that's the problem ...

mrsamsa

mrsamsa

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I waited for about 3 weeks to get the first reply, so it could take a while. I hope you will receive an answer much sooner.

dropko

dropko

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Situation has been (gladly) positively resolved by Obsidian support.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14480 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
How so?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users