Let's Say We Get a Helwax Mold...

In Pillars 1, one of the most coveted items was the Helwax Mold: a keep mission reward that could duplicate a single piece of gear - especially popular with fully upgraded one-handers like Bittercut.

Helwax_mold_icon.png?version=bf9fd12a606

With an upcoming DLC focused on wizardly pursuits, I can't help but wonder if we'll see the return of our magical, mystical Eoran sculpy; and in that vein, I'm curious what this forum would duplicate given the opportunity.

For me it would be a hard sell between Grave Calling, Pukestabber (for my waifu), Magran's Favor, or Miscreant's Leathers. You could also upgrade a one-hander to legendary, duplicate, then enchant each weapon with mutually exclusive upgrades - maybe gear like Griffin's Blade or Eccea's Arcane Blaster.

Hmm, depending on party would duplicate:

- Ring of Focused Flame

- Ring of the Marksman

- for pl: Magran's Favor

- for steady-dps: Pukestabber, Scordeo Edge, Scordeo Trophy

- for per-rest stuff: Amira's Wing, Kitchen Stove, Thundercrack

• Like 2

In all my time in POE1, I never used the Helwax Mold, not because I didn't like it, but because I kept saving it and saving it to duplicate that one weapon or armor that I really needed 2 versions of.  Then I'd be at the end game in the Pit, and I found I didn't really need it.

It might be more useful in POE2, where there seems to be a disparity of Unique weapons/armor.  Lots of sabers & swords and medium to heavy armor, but it falls off after that.  I wouldn't mind seeing it added as quest loot, or available on the Deck of Many Things (a lot of the items there just felt a bit under-whelming).

• Like 3

Maybe Kapana Taga with the Unblockable enchantment. Would give you +2 engagement slots and +8 ACC per engaged target. 5 engaged targets = +40 ACC sounds rather awesome for me. I'd pair it with Mob Stance and Reckless Brigandine I guess and pick a Devoted/Streetfighter with Persistent Distraction.

And Sasha's Singing Scimitar. Empowering an invocation would give you 6 phrases without any further enchantment and in theory ou could get back 2 Empower points after using 1 Empowerment. ;)

• Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It really depends on the character I'm playing. Sometimes I would want to upgrade my legendary Thundercrack pistol, sometimes I'd want to upgrade my Griffon sword or Modwyr after her sould isn't in it any longer. I'd have to play with it, the Family Bonds ability works when any party member wears Hearth Defenders scale and if the auras would stack that could be an interesting option... This is the sort of decision I agonize over for ages, on each character.

• Like 1

Let me be the record scratch guy and say I never even knew this item existed in the first game and that I never encountered one in game. Fascinating! One of these please!

Edited by Big-Ben
  • Like 2

Yes! We have no bananas.

Let me be the record scratch guy and say I never even knew this item existed in the first game and that I never encountered one in game. Fascinating! One of these please!

It wasn't in the game from the start. It was introduced as a reward from a specific companion adventure in the stronghold revamp patch, that added fluff text and fixed rewards to stronghold companion adventures.

• Like 1

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

Cloak of greater deflection. Only found 2 in a single playthrough.

Gods I know what you mean, even that Marksman's ring kinda sorta makes sense not having them in every shop despite the number of guns in the Deadfire. But simple cloaks of greater deflection, or those old bracers of greater deflection from the first game... None of that made it into the Deadfire. If I could go spend my 800,000 gold in the Dyrwood and bring back shipments of commonplace enchanted gear, some folks in the Deadfire would pay me a handsome profit.

Maybe Kapana Taga with the Unblockable enchantment. Would give you +2 engagement slots and +8 ACC per engaged target. 5 engaged targets = +40 ACC sounds rather awesome for me. I'd pair it with Mob Stance and Reckless Brigandine I guess and pick a Devoted/Streetfighter with Persistent Distraction.

And Sasha's Singing Scimitar. Empowering an invocation would give you 6 phrases without any further enchantment and in theory ou could get back 2 Empower points after using 1 Empowerment. ;)

If there was ever any chance of the Helwax mold returning, I suspect this thread and this post in particular killed it dead

• Like 3

It was not in the game the first time I played and I only found it once after that. :(

I don't remember what I copied, but  it was not anything special. Probably a cloak or +x might helmet.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

I haven't finished the game yet. Ive started my first playthrough when the game first came out and stopped because they hadn't balanced the difficulty yet. I started my second playthrough when Beast released and then stopped again after i realized the last half of the game hadn't been balanced properly.

The one item i did notice that i really wish i had two of was probably the marksmen ring. 

I sure as hell would copy Watchers blade without a doubt, two of those badboys would look so cool!

Yeah that sword looked cool but was it any good? only a 20% raw lash?

It's not a super interesting weapon indeed, but it looks great and 20% lash is always welcome