It doesn't, but it does hamper one of the best Tuotilo's Palm upgrades, which grants +1 Deflection and Reflex per wound. However, I would strongly advise you that Shattered Pillar renders Shattered Pillar worthless. As is, there are three problems:

• You only gain wounds from damage dealt with auto-attacks. This means you spend a lot of time getting ready to do cool stuff, instead of just doing cool stuff.
  • The actual amount of damage you have to do to inflict a wound is fairly ridiculous, especially since, again, it has to be done with auto-attacks.
  • Being limited to five wounds seriously hampers one of the monk's other best abilities, Duality of Mortal Presence.
  • Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

<p>

It doesn't, but it does hamper one of the best Tuotilo's Palm upgrades, which grants +1 Deflection and Reflex per wound. However, I would strongly advise you that Shattered Pillar renders Shattered Pillar worthless. As is, there are three problems:

• You only gain wounds from damage dealt with auto-attacks. This means you spend a lot of time getting ready to do cool stuff, instead of just doing cool stuff.
  • The actual amount of damage you have to do to inflict a wound is fairly ridiculous, especially since, again, it has to be done with auto-attacks.
  • Being limited to five wounds seriously hampers one of the monk's other best abilities, Duality of Mortal Presence.

Exactly this.

If your build is going to go high deflection and not get hit much, I highly recommend Nalpazca. Drugs are fairly cheap and easy to get. They are also really strong and worth using!

Helwalker is also great, but taking more damage on a character that sounds like you want to be tanky, can be a bit harder to work with.

Basically, it comes down to:

Are you holding wounds for passives? Helwalker

Are you spending wounds on actives? Nalpazca

Are you trying to make your character weaker? Shattered Pillar

• Like 1

I repeat: the shield works exactly the same on Shattered Pillars.

It's the Shattered Pillar that doesn't work like other monks. In this case it's the max 5 wounds.

But the shield has other enchantments. You don't need to pick the defense buff per wound

And even if you use that one: normal monks don't run around with 10 wounds all the time either.

I think it's a good item for a Shattered Pillar. You can generate wounds without getting hit (also add Dance of Death!) - and that fits Weapon & Shield Style.

While being awesome, a Nalpasca cannot generate wounds as fast as a Shattered Pillar if he doesn't get damaged(!). The drugs only grant 1 wound per 6 seconds - that's easy to get with a good Shattered Pillar. As soon as the Nalpasca gets damaged regularly he will drown in wounds of course (playing a Nalpasca/Berserker atm and am nearly always at max wounds due to self damage from Frenzy).

It's a bit counter-intuitive, but if you are looking for a high deflection turtle monk with shield who should still do good damage then Sh. Pillar + Tuotilo's Palm is not bad at all.

However, I agree that Shattered Pillar is a bit underpowered in general atm because of the lower wound limit AND the auto-attack restriction. One has to go.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods