Extreme FPS problems

Elizer

Question

Another patchhhhh more brokenn thingsssss, I don't know i prefer last patches bugs... I'm getting this super duper FPS drops that require me to restart the game after a little time of playing. Anyone else experiencing this atrocity?

This wasnt a problem before that patch. Yes I tried, lowering graphics, Yes I restarted my laptop.

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

There was a post around steam concerning spoofing your cores to improve performance. The writer contacted Obsidian recently and their head programmer, as far as the word goes, was informed. Maybe they're trying to improve the performance in the long run and have touched something that has completely destroyed your fps. It's just a wild guess.

Anyways, have you tried spoofing your cores down?

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Hey everyone,

You would be correct that we are constantly looking for ways to improve performance.  Nothing performance wise SHOULD have changed since none of those kind of changes went in, but clearly something is going on.  If you are able to log into the game and cause this to happen, I would love if you could send me a copy of your output_log.txt file for Programming to look into the issue.  You can find instructions on where to find this file here.  You can either provide a link to your files via Dropbox or you may attach them to an email for us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

There was a post around steam concerning spoofing your cores to improve performance. The writer contacted Obsidian recently and their head programmer, as far as the word goes, was informed. Maybe they're trying to improve the performance in the long run and have touched something that has completely destroyed your fps. It's just a wild guess.

If you mean turn all setting down, yes

Hey everyone,

You would be correct that we are constantly looking for ways to improve performance.  Nothing performance wise SHOULD have changed since none of those kind of changes went in, but clearly something is going on.  If you are able to log into the game and cause this to happen, I would love if you could send me a copy of your output_log.txt file for Programming to look into the issue.  You can find instructions on where to find this file here.  You can either provide a link to your files via Dropbox or you may attach them to an email for us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Thanks ffor the reply, will see what i can do. Wait, do you mean the 2gb file?

Edited by Elizer

No, he/she means this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/560130/discussions/0/2572002906843374108/

No, he/she means this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/560130/discussions/0/2572002906843374108/

Great tool. My FPS went from ~40 to a consistent 60 after halving my cores.

I'm having this issue as well.  The game has never performed particularly well, but I was mostly getting 40-50 FPS during combat and 60 outside combat.  Now I am getting around 20-30 FPS and the game is nearly unplayable for me.

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04, i7 4790k, Fury X, default open source drivers.  Issue started with the latest patch.

I have no output_log.txt file in the PillarsOfEternityII_Data folder.

EDIT: Playing a little more, this seems to only happen in the areas with the snowing weather effect.  However, toggling the weather effects option in the graphics settings menu doesn't seem to have any effect on the framerate.

Edited by yoyolll