FPS drop and memory leak

VillageIdiot

Question

Seriously this issue has been plaguing my interest in playing the game for ages. I have GTX 970 with 8 GB ram and Intel I7, run witcher 3 at consistently 60 fps but this game, it always start out really smooth then gradually slow down to a crawling 20 fps with constant stutter.

Anyone have found a way to stop this gradual fps drop and memory leak? 

• Like 3

7 answers to this question

Seriously this issue has been plaguing my interest in playing the game for ages. I have GTX 970 with 8 GB ram and Intel I7, run witcher 3 at consistently 60 fps but this game, it always start out really smooth then gradually slow down to a crawling 20 fps with constant stutter.

check here https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/100913-ive-finally-found-a-way-to-stabilize-framerate-and-stutter/

and also there https://steamcommunity.com/app/560130/discussions/0/2572002906843374108/

Edited by kilay

check here https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/100913-ive-finally-found-a-way-to-stabilize-framerate-and-stutter/

and also there https://steamcommunity.com/app/560130/discussions/0/2572002906843374108/

I actually tried that and my entire graphics gets huge amount of artifacts for some reason with triple buffering on, and FPS still doesnt improve much. The main issue is the massive drop in FPS after a while in play.  

Edited by VillageIdiot

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the graphical and frame rate issues.  This has been something that the Programming team has been trying to fix for awhile now and is of high priority for our fixes.  Many of the above mentioned suggestions have helped other users in the meantime, but we do intend to get this fixed as soon as possible so that high powered machines can play Deadfire to the utmost ability.

The most common temporary fixes I've seen so far have been updating the graphics driver, lowering the MSAA down to 1, and putting the game in windowed mode.

I do sincerely apologize for this issue and expect to have a fix out as soon as possible.

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the graphical and frame rate issues.  This has been something that the Programming team has been trying to fix for awhile now and is of high priority for our fixes.  Many of the above mentioned suggestions have helped other users in the meantime, but we do intend to get this fixed as soon as possible so that high powered machines can play Deadfire to the utmost ability.

The most common temporary fixes I've seen so far have been updating the graphics driver, lowering the MSAA down to 1, and putting the game in windowed mode.

I do sincerely apologize for this issue and expect to have a fix out as soon as possible.

What about lower-end machines which are are above minimum requirements but still cannot get the game to run fluidly even on the lowest possible preset? Are they a priority too or should we expect the next patches to address performance related issues only in high-specs computers?

I'm asking because I find myself on the lower-end side and I reported the problem here, on the forum. It is a bit concerning, to say the least, to see that only issues in high-end PCs are being taken into account.

Thank you in advance.
Edited by AndrewD

It's reloading that causes this issue for me. I start out with 60 fps and then every time I reload a game, FPS progressively drops --> 40 --> 30 --> 20, etc, until it's unplayable. Then I quit to desktop, open the game again, and it's fine.

Edited by cloudblade70

Hey everyone,

What about lower-end machines which are are above minimum requirements but still cannot get the game to run fluidly even on the lowest possible preset? Are they a priority too or should we expect the next patches to address performance related issues only in high-specs computers?

I'm asking because I find myself on the lower-end side and I reported the problem here, on the forum. It is a bit concerning, to say the least, to see that only issues in high-end PCs are being taken into account.

Thank you in advance.

I'm not techy, but I presume addressing performance problems would address them across the board. A high-end machine getting an FPS boost because of backend stuff probably means low-end machines will get it too, proportionally (if high-end goes from 60-70fps, low may go from like 30-35). As a low-end user, I certainly hope so!

I don't want to hijack the thread, but in case Obsidian is interested in specific areas, these maps are always incredibly low FPS for me, worse than anywhere else and seemingly out of proportion with what's actually in them compared to other areas which run fine:

Sacred Stair

Hanging Sepulcher

Delver's Row

Undercroft

Harbinger's Watch

Any ship-at-sea maps, including shipboard battles and the Deck Of Many Things exterior.

Edited by house2fly

I have rarely experience any memory leak and fps drop until recently when I played Beast of Winter DLC. As soon as I entered the shattered passage the memory just keep going up and up. I have to restart the game several time, but that only serve as a band-aid rather than a solution. 

Weirdly only for this DLC have I experienced this. I played Forgotten Sanctum without a hitch.