Thoughts on how best to evoke Euron "Motherf--ing" Greyjoy?

Hey guys! So... I've got a quick question for all of you. For my pro-Principi Watcher, I'm trying to capture a certain theme. In order to best demonstrate the 'mood' that I'm going for, I present the following clip. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxBd05c0STo

This is by far the best thing to ever happen to Game of Thrones in the otherwise crappy last few seasons. 

So, a howling mad barbarian pirate with crazy eyes who rides the boarding ramp into battle (somehow defying all known laws of gravity) to leave the enemy's deck a bloody swath. 

So far, I've come up with a couple of different ideas for how to portray this kind of character. 

1. Fighter/Rogue (Swashbuckler) - Unbroken and either Trickster or Streetfighter: Devoted might be better DPS-wise, but I like being able to use multiple different weapons. Basically, the quintessential engagement tank. Uses Trickster for high Deflection/Ripostes or Streetfighter for super high damage while surrounded. Fighter lacks a 'signature move' early on though, unless you count Charge. 

2. Paladin/Rogue (Hoy Slayer) - Bleak Walker/Trickster: A Paladin pirate is a bit... odd, but I think Bleak Walker works thematically. I get a nice signature move in the form of FoD, upgraded by the Bleak Walker, as well as (I think) more damage upgrades than the Fighter. The only issue is, I'm kind of limited to Magran's Favor as a "signature weapon," and Paladin - while it has great raw defenses - lacks some of the Fighter's better utility abilities (Like Armored Grace, Unbending, etc.) 

3. Berserker/Rogue (Marauder): Berserker/Streetfighter. I like this class. I really do. But it's way too squishy for me. The instant I pull enemy focus (And I do it a lot), I more or less get murdered. Now, there's ways around that, but I want this character to be leading the charge, not having to hang back and pick off squishies. 

4. Fighter/Barbarian (Brute): Berserker/Unbroken. This is mostly just a list of Barbarian/Rogue multiclasses, honestly. I feel like this one could be pretty sturdy and still capable of dishing out some good damage. The only issue is that it trades out a ton of the Rogue's very useful abilities: Persistent Distraction, Riposte, etc. 

Thoughts? I feel like I've isolated the four best fit builds for this kind of character, but I'm up for hearing more ideas. Of the four I've listed, which do you think works the best? I'm thinking either Brute or Swashbuckler, preference toward Swashbuckler. 

Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather
  • Like 1

He definitely has to come from Old Vailia or possibly Rauatai as an Aristocrat. I think the swashbuckler, devoted/street fighter is the best route. I have Eder as that with double sabres. He's great one on one and in a group. I would suggest Oathbreaker's End as it's the only 2 handed battle axe and Magran's Favour as the one handed. If I remember right Euron switches to two axes shortly after boarding.

This video gives a good build idea and armor etc suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Caev0Px7IcQ

This should be moved to Builds forum so you can get more help.

Edited by Porcelyn

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

He definitely has to come from Old Vailia or possibly Rauatai as an Aristocrat. I think the swashbuckler, devoted/street fighter is the best route. I have Eder as that with double sabres. He's great one on one and in a group. I would suggest Oathbreaker's End as it's the only 2 handed battle axe and Magran's Favour as the one handed. If I remember right Euron switches to two axes shortly after boarding.

This video gives a good build idea and armor etc suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Caev0Px7IcQ

This should be moved to Builds forum so you can get more help.

He does. I absolutely love the rest of that scene - though they didn't give him his eyepatch. Guess they figured it'd be too silly? 

Dunno how he is in the series, but judging from the clip I'd go with meadow folk, Deadfire for the Raider background, and some combination of Berserker, Devoted or Streetfighter as I think he lacks the devotion for Paladin.

Also, f*ck Euron. Victarion best Greyjoy.

Dunno how he is in the series, but judging from the clip I'd go with meadow folk, Deadfire for the Raider background, and some combination of Berserker, Devoted or Streetfighter as I think he lacks the devotion for Paladin.

Also, f*ck Euron. Victarion best Greyjoy.

Was gonna go Oceanfolk since you can get a face pretty close to Meadowfolk with some better looking head models. 

I tried liking Marauder, but it's a bit too squish for me. So Brute or Swashbuckler.