Tekehu Chants

pikea1

Question

I've seen other people had some issues with Tekehu chants as well and was wondering if a fix was in the works?  I have multiple A's B's etc... and he keeps reverting to his basic chant.  This was after I reset his skills a few times so I'm sure this is where the problem stems from.

I can force him to the correct chant in combat, but would prefer this to work as intended, ekera?

The truth is not the truth.

10 answers to this question

Can you delete an entire Chant?  Tekehu shows multiple A's, B's, etc, like I said.  When I go into the Chant editor I see only A, B, C, D.   D is the one I want to use and has the chants I want showing.  A, B, and C all show nothing.   Tell me how to delete the multiple mysterious chants and I will be a happy godlike.

Indeed you can. Open the chant editor and click on the phrases on the right. Once there are no phrases on the right (e.g. the chants have been deleted), you can rebuild them. Chant names are removed when you delete them, so you’ll need to rename the chants as well.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Thanks for bearing with me, but I'm sure I didn't explain it properly... I've cleared all of my phrases out and repopulated the chants with phrases multiple times and there are still mystery chants hanging around.  My Tekehu must just be extra-bugged.  No biggie.  On my way to the Beast of Winter on my PotD run through, wish me luck!

All the chants are deleted or just the one’s you’ve created. To date clearing *all* the chants has fixed this for everyone who has reported this bug. If that is not the case for you, then this is truly an anomaly.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Yeah, I played around with it a bit more.  I cleared every chant out, and when I leave the chant editor and hover over his prepared chants it still shows 5 chants available with the corresponding phrases (that I had deleted previously).  The one duplicate is A, his basic movement chant.  Like I said, not a game-breaker, just a nuisance.

Hey everyone,

I don't like nuisances!  Pikea, can you send me a copy of your save file where this is occurring?  This could provide further insight to our Programmers for a permanent fix and we may be able to temporarily fix this for you as well.  You can find instructions for finding your save files here.  You can either provide a link to your files via Dropbox or you may attach them to an email for us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

HI SChin, thanks for looking into this.  I reverted to an earlier save (before I respecced Tekehu) and everything is fine.  I also want to note the same issue happened with Pellagina.  I think it was because when I respecced the chants weren't empty.   I can still send you the save from the broken save if you would like. 

Hell, I could throw it on a flash drive and drive it down to you, I'm in Ventura ;)

On a side note... I sold Modwyr and then went back later and purchased it.  The 'Talk To' option was gone.

Edited by pikea1