PotD Upscaled Solo Marauder

I get her down to bloodied, but then i run out of resources. It's not directly the damage, but the lack of more resources that concerns me.

I use mins + rusts and that +20% recovery speed meal when i rest, the pen and power level potion. Any suggestions for other weapons? Maybe kapana + sungrazer, because she has only 14 crush armor, instead of 16 for slash and pierce.

Are you wearing the helmet that gives immunity to push/ pull effects? You seriously need it for that fight

What does it do in that fight? He never pulled me or something.

Yeah it does. It constantly pulls you in so that you are engaged and attacks and terrifies you.

I find it hard to believe it didnt do it to you it did it to me Probably every 20 seconds or so

He does it sometimes, but most of the time, the dragon was not able to cast anything. I thought that was some sort of breath. Now i know, that i could prevent that terrified affliction xd

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

There's a magic trick you can pull with Neriscyrlas. See, when she's low on health, she tends to cast Cloak of Death. That one can really mess up your melee fighters, as it makes them vanish and take a fair bit of damage.

So what you do is, you get a multiclassed Aloth who has Arcane Reflection in his repertoire. Whittle the dracolich down, wait for her to cast Cloak of Death, then have Aloth cast Arcane Reflection and hit her with whatever melee weapon you gave him.

And that's how you make that big-ass zombie dragon vanish out of sight (and take terrible, terrible damage at the same time). It's magic!  :grin:

Nah it doesnt

When he pulls you in he mauls you, casts spells on you and i dont no basically gives you are pretty serious raping

The helmet helps alot trust me

You have to use it to really appreciate how much it will help

I've used the helmet and still got terrified. I'm not saying it's not a good idea to use it in the fight, but the question was regarding it preventing the terrified affliction; which it doesn't.

There's a magic trick you can pull with Neriscyrlas. See, when she's low on health, she tends to cast Cloak of Death. That one can really mess up your melee fighters, as it makes them vanish and take a fair bit of damage.

So what you do is, you get a multiclassed Aloth who has Arcane Reflection in his repertoire. Whittle the dracolich down, wait for her to cast Cloak of Death, then have Aloth cast Arcane Reflection and hit her with whatever melee weapon you gave him.

And that's how you make that big-ass zombie dragon vanish out of sight (and take terrible, terrible damage at the same time). It's magic!  :grin:

Not available on solo run. In a team, the dragon is not much of a problem.

I cannot even imagine trying to kill that dragon solo on POTD . It took me about 15 attempts with a full party and I was down to my last 2 characters with barely any health left and all healing used up when I did kill it.

It was my first playthrough where I came across it though so I wasn’t prepared. Next time will take the right potions and scrolls

Nah it doesnt

When he pulls you in he mauls you, casts spells on you and i dont no basically gives you are pretty serious raping

The helmet helps alot trust me

You have to use it to really appreciate how much it will help

I've used the helmet and still got terrified. I'm not saying it's not a good idea to use it in the fight, but the question was regarding it preventing the terrified affliction; which it doesn't.

Read my post I never said it did and clearly also said that it doesn’t.

How did you resolve the quests with the king/inquisitor/Waidwen? If the damage isn't the issue but the resources are, the regeneration of the glyphs and their blessings/damage would still probably allow you to auto her down eventually.

The only way I was able to solo that fight (trickster/ascendant -- obviously not same class but still solo PotD upscaled) was with their regenerating help and kiting her around the stage (Gipon Prudesco immunity to disengagement was immensely helpful for that). It was a bit cheesy because her pathing AI gets screwy around the narrow bridges and jumps to the different glyphs (Skaen, Ondra, Eothas), but I couldn't stand toe-to-toe with her throughout without running out of healing potions. 

Did not ask for help against the dragon. I let Waidwen go and brought King / Inquisitor back to the Wheel. What would be the difference?

If you ask for help they regenerate the glyphs on a timer as well as do damage to the dragon. If you don't ask for help, I believe you can only use the glyphs once IIRC.

Good to know, but that would not be "solo".

Voidward, Rakhan Boots and Cauldron Shard all give +corrode armor. I will try that too. Just have to get the items together :)

In this sense even using animal pet isn't a true solo. Using NPCs is technically still playing solo if you don't have another playable char with you.

I cannot even imagine trying to kill that dragon solo on POTD . It took me about 15 attempts with a full party and I was down to my last 2 characters with barely any health left and all healing used up when I did kill it.

It was my first playthrough where I came across it though so I wasn’t prepared. Next time will take the right potions and scrolls

Surprisingly I found playing solo often times "easier" than with full party. The fact that you can stack best equipment on 1 char and don't have to worry about managing squishies in ur party makes it easy. The way AI clumps up close to your main char allowing you to utilize choke points, corners and hit them all with spells like corrosive siphon, chillfog while only getting hit by few of them in return is prime example of that. That being said solo chars tend to be over the top tanky with a lot of sustain and just enough damage to cut through. Nothing rocket science about playing solo. I used to think playing solo is some bigger achievement than with pt but tbh it's not. I feel its bigger achievement to do fights underleveled with squishy chars or just one designated tank and without best in slot gear for each char. 

Edited by Phyriel
  • Like 1

Surprisingly I found playing solo often times "easier" than with full party. The fact that you can stack best equipment on 1 char and don't have to worry about managing squishies in ur party makes it easy. The way AI clumps up close to your main char allowing you to utilize choke points, corners and hit them all with spells like corrosive siphon, chillfog while only getting hit by few of them in return is prime example of that. That being said solo chars tend to be over the top tanky with a lot of sustain and just enough damage to cut through. Nothing rocket science about playing solo. I used to think playing solo is some bigger achievement than with pt but tbh it's not. I feel its bigger achievement to do fights underleveled with squishy chars or just one designated tank and without best in slot gear for each char. 

That pretty much matches my experience, actually. 

The easiest way to do a solo PotD run, in my experience, is to have a character who is both (1) very tanky and (2) mainly relies on passives or unlimited resources. (So Paladin multiclasses are a great here because they make you very tanky, and multiclasses with Rogues, Monks and Chanters are great because they either have lots of passives and/or can be built to rely on unlimited resources.) 

The kind of solo PotD run baldurs_gate_2 is doing, using a Marauder, strikes me as much more difficult (and impressive), because it doesn't easily satisfy either of these two desiderata. And that makes boss fights like this one much harder to pull off.

Edited by whimper

For whom is interested in a solo fight:

Marauder is so squishy :D Single mistake and you restart fight, for example the first video is no-rest run (+50% Healing, +10 ACC) with  with near unlimited resources build, you don't need even wait for Llengrath's Safeguard 

In summary you can make same  no-rest run and just cast moon-well from scroll instead of healing potion, when dragon cast Llengrath's Safeguard, switch on Veilpiercer or Street Sweeper and dispel it 

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

why didnt lengraths safe guard give the dragon +5 AR?

It stayed a 16? So only a +1 bonus

Also when i fought the dragon i couldnt hide like that in that bottom corner it would still be able to get to me with spells 

Edited by Teclis23

Also when i fought the dragon i couldnt hide like that in that bottom corner it would still be able to get to me with spells 

I don't know, but he gets the bonus AR. I tried to him several times in other tries, but the ar was too high, so i waited this time. If you cast anything like avenging storm, the dragon will recognize you and attack, so i waited till the end of the saveguard.

I don't know, but he gets the bonus AR. I tried to him several times in other tries, but the ar was too high, so i waited this time. If you cast anything like avenging storm, the dragon will recognize you and attack, so i waited till the end of the saveguard.

Thats not right

Lengraths safeguard clearly gives +5 AR. After he activated it his AR only went up 1 point to 16AR. It should have been 20AR. He didnt get the bonus AR

The main problem people have with this fight is that they cant survive the lengraths safe guard becasue he become immortal for over 1 minute.

Everyone else (including me) has been unable to hide in parts of the map waiting for safeguard to expire. I dont know why he just stood there and didnt come over to you. He started to come over then just sat there and did nothing. In my playthrough he cast corrosive siphon on me when i tried to do that and it hit super hard. I had tp use alot of heals to get over it. This is 100% and absolutely the first time anyone has reported that you can simply just walk away and wait for the safeguard to expire before reengaging in combat. This is seriously bizare. Maybe because you are playing solo the AI didnt pick it up. 

Do you have any mods installed? Something is clearly wrong here why his AR didnt go up 5 points and also why he just sat there and ignored you

Edited by Teclis23

yeah i think a combination of both the immobilize and the fact you where playing solo enabled you to hide like that. I personally think its a bug in the AI but anyway..............

Also it is very clear there is a bug with lengraths safeguard

Im going to report both issues thanks for bringing it up

edit

reported it

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105285-bug-neriscrylas-bow-fight-with-safeguard-and-ai/

all good

Edited by Teclis23

yeah i think a combination of both the immobilize and the fact you where playing solo enabled you to hide like that. I personally think its a bug in the AI but anyway..............

Also it is very clear there is a bug with lengraths safeguard

Im going to report both issues thanks for bringing it up

edit

reported it

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105285-bug-neriscrylas-bow-fight-with-safeguard-and-ai/

all good

I don't think it is a bug. When you buff your party up with anything but potions, he will recognize you or maybe, when you don't corner there enough. There are much more AI "bugs" in the whole game.

Na I tried that (not buffing) and trying to hide and I couldn’t do it.

Trust me man I spent a lot of time trying to kill that dragon because I went and did it at a very low level.

And we have video evidence that safeguard did not work. You can’t argue with that.

On my playthrough I could not hide like you did and his safe guard worked as intended. Something is wrong with yours

Na I tried that (not buffing) and trying to hide and I couldn’t do it.

Trust me man I spent a lot of time trying to kill that dragon because I went and did it at a very low level.

And we have video evidence that safeguard did not work. You can’t argue with that.

On my playthrough I could not hide like you did and his safe guard worked as intended. Something is wrong with yours

The safe guard would only be a problem, if i would have attacked him still, but i waited until it ran out. Maybe you can hide at the entrance, as far away as you could go.