PotD Upscaled Solo Marauder

I get her down to bloodied, but then i run out of resources. It's not directly the damage, but the lack of more resources that concerns me.

I use mins + rusts and that +20% recovery speed meal when i rest, the pen and power level potion. Any suggestions for other weapons? Maybe kapana + sungrazer, because she has only 14 crush armor, instead of 16 for slash and pierce.

Any suggestions for other weapons? Maybe kapana + sungrazer, because she has only 14 crush armor, instead of 16 for slash and pierce.

What's your penetration? If you're in the painful land of No Pen with slash/pierce but would get out of there with crush, definitely go for the crush.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Any suggestions for other weapons? Maybe kapana + sungrazer, because she has only 14 crush armor, instead of 16 for slash and pierce.

What's your penetration? If you're in the painful land of No Pen with slash/pierce but would get out of there with crush, definitely go for the crush.

Without the Potion i have 11 with Mins and 13 with Rust. With potion 13/15. The sabre modal does not stack with the potion =( I think, i still hit her with the sabre, but min's is not as good as scordeo's i think, but i did not progress far enough in the game, to get it yet.

Another problem is, some weapons are not legendary, so i have to upgrade it. I have 2 adra left, maybe i get 2 more in poko kohara, so i really have to think about it, which weapons are the best for this fight.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

How did you resolve the quests with the king/inquisitor/Waidwen? If the damage isn't the issue but the resources are, the regeneration of the glyphs and their blessings/damage would still probably allow you to auto her down eventually.

The only way I was able to solo that fight (trickster/ascendant -- obviously not same class but still solo PotD upscaled) was with their regenerating help and kiting her around the stage (Gipon Prudesco immunity to disengagement was immensely helpful for that). It was a bit cheesy because her pathing AI gets screwy around the narrow bridges and jumps to the different glyphs (Skaen, Ondra, Eothas), but I couldn't stand toe-to-toe with her throughout without running out of healing potions. 

How did you resolve the quests with the king/inquisitor/Waidwen? If the damage isn't the issue but the resources are, the regeneration of the glyphs and their blessings/damage would still probably allow you to auto her down eventually.

The only way I was able to solo that fight (trickster/ascendant -- obviously not same class but still solo PotD upscaled) was with their regenerating help and kiting her around the stage (Gipon Prudesco immunity to disengagement was immensely helpful for that). It was a bit cheesy because her pathing AI gets screwy around the narrow bridges and jumps to the different glyphs (Skaen, Ondra, Eothas), but I couldn't stand toe-to-toe with her throughout without running out of healing potions. 

Did not ask for help against the dragon. I let Waidwen go and brought King / Inquisitor back to the Wheel. What would be the difference?

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Mohora Tanga with harpponing enchant and max survival is the best weapon for that fight.

Once the dragon gets bloodied her safeguard activates, to get rid of it you have to get lucky with charm of bones, summoning a risen mage.

Or you just wait out the safeguard and don't use resources until it's gone (maybe even withdraw scroll).

After that hopefully your resources will be more effective, since she loses 5 armor.

Mohora Tanga with harpponing enchant and max survival is the best weapon for that fight.

Once the dragon gets bloodied her safeguard activates, to get rid of it you have to get lucky with charm of bones, summoning a risen mage.

Or you just wait out the safeguard and don't use resources until it's gone (maybe even withdraw scroll).

After that hopefully your resources will be more effective, since she loses 5 armor.

Or use Glacierbane (dampener on crit) and have high acc+hit->crit conversion

I used glacierbane+last word and tore this thing apart.

Glacierbane = Supress benficials on crit

Lastword = silences on crit.

I fought and I think she Breathed once and was locked down the rest of the fight and reduced to auto attacks.

Ok, i guess you can get lastword somehow wihout a party?

After losing my first solo fight against her, I won it by switching up weapons and gear. Weapon-wise, I switched to using the Animancer's energy blade to bypass her armor (together with a large shield). But that ended up being much less important than changing my other gear. 

What makes her fight last so long is that spell she casts that inflicts corrode damage and heals her for the amount of damage inflicted. And that spell targets fortitude. So if you can boost your fortitude a lot (so it doesn't hit much), and boost your corrode armor a lot (so it doesn't do much damage), then the fight becomes much easier. 

So equipment like: Rakhan Field Boots (boosts corrode armor), some legendary plate (which, unlike brigandine, isn't weak against corrode), cloak and rings of protection (to boost fortitude), might and constitution boosting items (which also boost fortitude), optionally coupled with some potions of elemental resistance, which you drink whenever you see her casting that spell. 

Worked for me, anyway!

Edited by whimper

Did not ask for help against the dragon. I let Waidwen go and brought King / Inquisitor back to the Wheel. What would be the difference?

If you ask for help they regenerate the glyphs on a timer as well as do damage to the dragon. If you don't ask for help, I believe you can only use the glyphs once IIRC.

After losing my first solo fight against her, I won it by switching up weapons and gear. Weapon-wise, I switched to using the Animancer's energy blade to bypass her armor (together with a large shield). But that ended up being much less important than changing my other gear. 

What makes her fight last so long is that spell she casts that inflicts corrode damage and heals her for the amount of damage inflicted. And that spell targets fortitude. So if you can boost your fortitude a lot (so it doesn't hit much), and boost your corrode armor a lot (so it doesn't do much damage), then the fight becomes much easier. 

So equipment like: Rakhan Field Boots (boosts corrode armor), some legendary plate (which, unlike brigandine, isn't weak against corrode), cloak and rings of protection (to boost fortitude), might and constitution boosting items (which also boost fortitude), optionally coupled with some potions of elemental resistance, which you drink whenever you see her casting that spell. 

Worked for me, anyway!

Voidward (ring) also has +2 or 3 corrode armour.

I asked the king for help but didn't realise I had to run over to him to get it. So I thought "You goddamn coward!" And just fought her in a straight up fight. This was in a party though so obviously not as impactful.

• Like 1

If you ask for help they regenerate the glyphs on a timer as well as do damage to the dragon. If you don't ask for help, I believe you can only use the glyphs once IIRC.

Good to know, but that would not be "solo".

Voidward, Rakhan Boots and Cauldron Shard all give +corrode armor. I will try that too. Just have to get the items together :)

Oh, forgot about the ring, and the cauldron shard. Nice catch.

@thundercleese: I didn’t know how to get the spirits to help either! I assumed it was either some invisible buff, or that there was some bug preventing them from doing anything useful, so I just fought her straight up. I’ll have to try it again and see if I can actually get them to help!

I used glacierbane+last word and tore this thing apart.

Glacierbane = Supress benficials on crit

Lastword = silences on crit.

I fought and I think she Breathed once and was locked down the rest of the fight and reduced to auto attacks.

Yeah that does not work. Everything else than rust's, and he can just use his abilities over and over. I got him down to nearly dead, but then i run out of resources and without full attack, i don't crit anymore it seems or just knock him prone. I use Scordeo + Rust, but if the fight is not perfect, you won't be able to wield him down to low hp.

And my Mohara Tanga, when i enchant it with harpooning and i got 24 survival, it just shows 25-36 damage, but 16,8 penetration. It seems the weapon is bugged. It nets you penetration, instead of more damage.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

I get her down to bloodied, but then i run out of resources. It's not directly the damage, but the lack of more resources that concerns me.

I use mins + rusts and that +20% recovery speed meal when i rest, the pen and power level potion. Any suggestions for other weapons? Maybe kapana + sungrazer, because she has only 14 crush armor, instead of 16 for slash and pierce.

Are you wearing the helmet that gives immunity to push/ pull effects? You seriously need it for that fight

Are you wearing the helmet that gives immunity to push/ pull effects? You seriously need it for that fight

What does it do in that fight? He never pulled me or something.

What does it do in that fight? He never pulled me or something.

Yeah it does. It constantly pulls you in so that you are engaged and attacks and terrifies you.

I find it hard to believe it didnt do it to you it did it to me Probably every 20 seconds or so

Edited by Teclis23