What would you like to see in future DLCs and patches?

^ pretty sure he meant Steel Garrote and Priest of Woedica; you can already play Bleak Walker and Priest of Berath without mods, AFAIK.

You, OTOH, forgot to quote the Sanguine Plate among the very important suggestions from that post :p

Also, we need MOAR Rekke.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I would love to hear more voices in the background in towns and Neketaka & also have a couple of generic lines for male/female characters say when you talk to them. Baldurs Gate had it. Even if it is just a "Hello" or "Ahem..." Just makes places and the city more lively.

Edited by EdwinOdesseiron
  • Like 1

Random faction-spawning ships.  Seriously, I understand that the ship encounters are all hand crafted, but I think it was a design flaw to make the pirate theme a focus and not have random spawning ships.  Its easy to depopulate the Dead Fire and have no more ship encounters.  The story is great, the factions are great, the combat is great, but there needs to be randomly spawning ships on top of the scripted ones.  

agree

it is weird that generic slaver ship fill the sea but among other 4 faction only Príncipi get more than 4 ships total

1- Full attacks meaning something to other weapons besides dual wield. - Shields the character does a shield bash delivering the dmg based on the deflection bonus  multiplied by power level modifier as crushing and an affliction (depending of the type of shield - small shields means longer effects and big shields are more damage focused) Single swords have assured critical and a critical modifier - Two handed does maximum damage and receives increased Pen.  (rebalancing some skills will be needed)

2- Proper optimization because i'm tired of long loading screens, stutters and frozen screens.

3- More improvements of lower abilities that you can buy by going past level 20, so you don't need a level cap, as you have an ability cap now.  You keep being level 20 but will be added ( epic by the side) like Level 20 (1) Epic. Meaning you have EPIC improvements. You can't buy new abilities or passives past 20.

4- Sanguine plate

5- Play as Bleak Walker and a Priest of Berath would be nice without a mod. Thanks.

6- Ydwin becoming a companion (that is a must for everyone)

7- More TV resolutions,. The game don't let me put the resolution on 1080. A lot of the games, including the bad ports, allows me to do that.

8 - More Subclasses

I had no issues running 1080p.  Do you mean 4:3 resolutions?  Do they even make modern displays in 4:3 resolution?

^ pretty sure he meant Steel Garrote and Priest of Woedica; you can already play Bleak Walker and Priest of Berath without mods, AFAIK.

I think he meant playing as both when multiclassing. There is a disposition conflict since Bleak Walkers favor cruel and Berath priests condemn it.

You, OTOH, forgot to quote the Sanguine Plate among the very important suggestions from that post :p

Also, we need MOAR Rekke.

I thought the devs were already working on that. :w00t: Did I misunderstand it? ;(

• Like 2

sign.jpg

Y'all are thirsty for that Sanguine Plate.

I'll reiterate my desire for weird or eccentric items. Not like talking sword kind but the real good weird stuff. A Trumpet that shoots acid? A jar of angry bees that can be thrown? A helmet that chimes like a dinner bell when you score a critical hit? I don't know but levity items are pretty cool in my book.

• Like 2

Yes! We have no bananas.

1- Full attacks meaning something to other weapons besides dual wield. - Shields the character does a shield bash delivering the dmg based on the deflection bonus  multiplied by power level modifier as crushing and an affliction (depending of the type of shield - small shields means longer effects and big shields are more damage focused) Single swords have assured critical and a critical modifier - Two handed does maximum damage and receives increased Pen.  (rebalancing some skills will be needed)

2- Proper optimization because i'm tired of long loading screens, stutters and frozen screens.

3- More improvements of lower abilities that you can buy by going past level 20, so you don't need a level cap, as you have an ability cap now.  You keep being level 20 but will be added ( epic by the side) like Level 20 (1) Epic. Meaning you have EPIC improvements. You can't buy new abilities or passives past 20.

4- Sanguine plate

5- Play as Bleak Walker and a Priest of Berath would be nice without a mod. Thanks.

7- More TV resolutions,. The game don't let me put the resolution on 1080. A lot of the games, including the bad ports, allows me to do that.

8 - More Subclasses

I had no issues running 1080p.  Do you mean 4:3 resolutions?  Do they even make modern displays in 4:3 resolution?

Nope, i end up with tiny unreadable letters or huge ones. My TV is 1360 x 760 but i can run MHW and other games on 1080p but not POE2

Edited by Siegdarth

4- Sanguine plate

8 - More Subclasses

Nope, i end up with tiny unreadable letters or huge ones. My TV is 1360 x 760 but i can run MHW and other games on 1080p but not POE2

You're not running it at 1080p if your display is 1360x760...

I thought the devs were already working on that. :w00t: Did I misunderstand it? ;(

They acknowledged the request, but AFAIK the armor model hasn't been scheduled to be made yet (I checked with Dimitri* last week.)

While I certainly appreciate the devs' acknowledging the request and trying to accommodate it, I don't want to take it for granted if it's not confirmed to be in the works. The more people show interest, the better our chances, I say. Indeed, let me go bump the original thread... :)

*Dimitri has technically moved on to another project but he was kind enough to ask his colleagues from the Deadfire DLC team to let me know, which I greatly appreciate.

• Like 2

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

They acknowledged the request, but AFAIK the armor model hasn't been scheduled to be made yet (I checked with Dimitri* last week.)

While I certainly appreciate the devs' acknowledging the request and trying to accommodate it, I don't want to take it for granted if it's not confirmed to be in the works. The more people show interest, the better our chances, I say. Indeed, let me go bump the original thread... :)

*Dimitri has technically moved on to another project but he was kind enough to ask his colleagues from the Deadfire DLC team to let me know, which I greatly appreciate.

Well, that still is the best we can get right now. Besides all the bugs and balance still needed, they must also have some items or additions of their on on a to-do list. Let's hope the sanguine plate will not be forgotten.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Would very much like to see a return of the 'Hide News on startup' option for the main menu page. Even better; the option to disable it completely!

In addition disable Achievement notifications from GOG or Steam (assuming this isn't already possible).

Basically anything that say :

"Hey you! Yesss you! What are you doing there... oblivious to the outside world?! We can't have that! Not in this age of uber-social-connectiveness! You're not supposed to be ignoring the interwebs for that long! WEEELL! our notification-pompoms will sort you right out!"

*imagine the above in an old 30's British accent*

• Like 3

Which restriction? That hirelings are one level below yours? I strongly guess to make the official companions more attractive who can't be min/maxed like hired adventurers can.

Nice idea with the Berath's Blessing though. Once you did a playthrough with the (kind of 1-level-pimped) official companions you could then embrace the full potential of hirelings.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Which restriction? That hirelings are one level below yours? I strongly guess to make the official companions more attractive who can't be min/maxed like hired adventurers can.

Nice idea with the Berath's Blessing though. Once you did a playthrough with the (kind of 1-level-pimped) official companions you could then embrace the full potential of hirelings.

A good case for sure. Hirelings can also be traps for new players since the gulfs between levels aren't crystal clear from the beginning; and that it's best to hire one immediately after leveling. That poor level 1 dwarf barbarian I dragged into the Temple of Eothas on my first playthrough never stood a chance. :p

Unity Console's a good way to get hirelings up to speed, and you can always deduct the extra level cost from your gold stash so it's not exactly, strictly, precisely cheating.

• Like 1

Bringing this thread back because with 3.0 out we're approaching the end of the window where they'll be adding new features to the game. Now is the time to make your voices heard! Below are obviously the most important things they should implement if they can:

Another area in Ukaizo where you can see a little lore and maybe fight one of those megabosses. Just before the existing "final encounter" ideally.

Choose subclasses and additional multiclass options for party members without unique subclasses.

Increased level cap and abilities. Hoping the other DLCs will deliver the goods here.

Sidekick dialogue on the main quest. Vatnir must have SOMETHING to say to Eothas!

I want an option to autoplay the ending slides. I like to sit back and watch the epilogue, clicking through it like an extended dialogue sucks

make it so the level-up screen can consolidate multiple levels. If I create a level 19 adventurer it's wearying to go through 19 level-up screens. Give me one screen where I can assign 19 skill points at once, etc

More unique war hammers.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure this warrants a whole new thread, so I'm bumping this to ask about sorting stash by item type. The feature was in PoE and I was surprised to see it gone in Deadfire, as it would be very useful; I acquired a lot of items and looking for e.g. what pistols I have, or Oil of Allure, or what traps I could use, etc. means looking over a whole bunch of icons, unsure where a specific one might be.

I'd look into modding this in, but it's very unlikely to be possible, sorting is probably hard-coded.

How do other people feel? Anyone else really missing this feature? I haven't found any official plans to incorporate it.

• Like 2

^ Agree, would be good to have!

• Like 1