What would you like to see in future DLCs and patches?

First off:

I actually think the game is in a pretty good place right now. There's still definite room for improvement but (at least to me) it feels like we're getting to the finishing-touches and refinement stage at this point.

So what finishing touches does the game still need? Obviously mods can do a lot of the heavy lifting, but given the challenge modes etc. that can't be a complete answer. So what tweaking does the game still need? What things would you like to see in future ?

Here's my list, which is not intended to be complete:

1) more shanties

2) the ability to select subclasses for companions and sidekicks

3) the ability to select additional side classes for companions and sidekicks (i.e., let me make Eder a streetfighter/trickster)

4) more unique pikes, hunting bows, wands 

5) replace flails' useless  "graze to hit" bonus with crush/slash best of (warhammers are already crush/pierce)

6) uptweak the few cipher powers that still need work (defensive mindweb should be on hit not on damage; haunting chains should be an AoE)

7) rescale experience so that you can still get to level 8 or so pretty fast but it takes about two to three times as long to get from 10th to 20th

8) change the triggers for the "faction enemy" ships that carry unique loot, I can't even figure out how to get my faction that low at all without going on a gigantic murder spree -- maybe change it so they trigger when you complete all the bounties against that faction?

9) nail down the few remaining long-term bugs, like the last few import bugs (sky dragon wurm, etc.); a way to view our histories in game would be really helpful on this front

10) UI improvements, especially with the enchanting options and being able to view the skill screen when not actively levelling up.

11) Incorporate some of the most popular mods -- "More AI conditionals," "enhanced user interface" -- into the base game so that they can be used with the Magran challenges

12) expand the level scaling upward so that low level encounters can scale up +12 levels rather than just +6 so as to increase late-game challenge

13) More unique-item clothing armors; I want a vailian jacket that is magical

What other suggestions do people have? This feels like a good time to make such suggestions, while they're still working on the DLCs and so there's still a budget for some non-trivial additions.

• Like 9

First off:

I actually think the game is in a pretty good place right now. There's still definite room for improvement but (at least to me) it feels like we're getting to the finishing-touches and refinement stage at this point.

So what finishing touches does the game still need? Obviously mods can do a lot of the heavy lifting, but given the challenge modes etc. that can't be a complete answer. So what tweaking does the game still need? What things would you like to see in future ?

Here's my list, which is not intended to be complete:

1) more shanties

2) the ability to select subclasses for companions and sidekicks

3) the ability to select additional side classes for companions and sidekicks (i.e., let me make Eder a streetfighter/trickster)

4) more unique pikes, hunting bows, wands 

5) replace flails' useless  "graze to hit" bonus with crush/slash best of (warhammers are already crush/pierce)

6) uptweak the few cipher powers that still need work (defensive mindweb should be on hit not on damage; haunting chains should be an AoE)

7) rescale experience so that you can still get to level 8 or so pretty fast but it takes about two to three times as long to get from 10th to 20th

8) change the triggers for the "faction enemy" ships that carry unique loot, I can't even figure out how to get my faction that low at all without going on a gigantic murder spree -- maybe change it so they trigger when you complete all the bounties against that faction?

9) nail down the few remaining long-term bugs, like the last few import bugs (sky dragon wurm, etc.); a way to view our histories in game would be really helpful on this front

10) UI improvements, especially with the enchanting options and being able to view the skill screen when not actively levelling up.

11) Incorporate some of the most popular mods -- "More AI conditionals," "enhanced user interface" -- into the base game so that they can be used with the Magran challenges

12) expand the level scaling upward so that low level encounters can scale up +12 levels rather than just +6 so as to increase late-game challenge

13) More unique-item clothing armors; I want a vailian jacket that is magical

What other suggestions do people have? This feels like a good time to make such suggestions, while they're still working on the DLCs and so there's still a budget for some non-trivial additions.

A good list overall. I'd like to see cosmetic slots since clothing can't be enchanted - oh, and that Mad Morena romance DLC everyone subconsciously wants.

Customization options for wild orlans! Agree with that one.

More unique weapons.

A better enchantment ui, one that would show which options are mutually exclusive.

Maybe like two new aumaua portraits? Low priority but would be nice.

Vatnir romance.

• Like 7

Another area in Ukaizo where you can see a little lore and maybe fight one of those megabosses. Just before the existing "final encounter" ideally. Maybe a bugfix to let us actually fight the final boss while they're there.

Choose subclasses and additional multiclass options for party members without unique subclasses.

Increased level cap and abilities. Hoping the other DLCs will deliver the goods here.

Sidekick dialogue on the main quest. Vatnir must have SOMETHING to say to Eothas!

Add the "sort by item type" option back to the stash.

More unique war hammers.

• Like 7

Customization options for wild orlans! Agree with that one.

More unique weapons.

A better enchantment ui, one that would show which options are mutually exclusive.

Maybe like two new aumaua portraits? Low priority but would be nice.

Vatnir romance.

A new enchanting UI was listed on their 2018 roadmap. Completely agreed on wild orlan and aumaua customization options.

• Like 2

From patches I obviously wish/expect bug fixes and typo fixes. Any improvements to the UI are also welcome.

From DLCs:

Sanguine Plate (had to be the first.)

Completed and playable Woedican classes.

More player character portraits.

More unique items of all kinds.

High-level (19-20) content to enjoy when I’m maxed.

More monsters with unique looks and abilities.

More spells/powers, especially for PLs that only have a few.

New abilities across PLs (with new VFX and SFX for extra gravy.)

MOAR content for Rekke (I want to know about his country and religion.)

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

All of the above, plus :

- more fleshed out companion quests (not gonna happen, but still)

- more fleshed out main story (revisiting what was cut from the interactions with Eothas would be a good start)

- better relationships (a more progressive buildup, adding time spent as a factor)

- difficulty pass (on POTD) for the last half of the game

Edited by dukeisaac
  • Like 3

Weapon styles need to be fixed; there's nothing else in the game that's as problematic as far as I'm concerned (except maybe high level POTD). 

Really hope they'll add a few remaining/essential combat tweaks in preparation for the arena DLC.

Edited by Purudaya

-I don't think it will ever truly be satisfactory due to the nature of the mechanics but I hope they will do another difficulty pass, especially in the later game.

-Related to the above point, but with each release of a DLC the difficulty and experience curve will get more screwed up. I really hope this gets looked at, though of course it may be tricky given that there are people who don't buy the DLC. But yeah, as someone who got all the DLCs, I want those to feel integrated smoothly into the game and not feel like "I did this DLC and now the rest of the game is completely broken and non-challenging".

-Certain bugs obviously needs to be fixed, the Guardian not appearing being among the top ones.

-In terms of additions, I would love for there to be more stuff like more random scripted interactions when sailing the seas. I love the ones that are there but I think it could use some more.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm waiting for more usefull weapon proficiencies. Most of them are just crap. There could be multiple profiencies per weapon.

I found several of them very useful myself.

Anyhow, the only thing I can think of that I'd really *really* like to see, and which isn't already planned or is rather unlikely to occur, is seeing Ukaizo expanded. The rest is welcome but ultimately rather secondary. However, I'd agree with and add...

1) More enchanted clothing, unique preferrable.

2) General bugfixes and UI enhancements, as usual.

3) Ship attachments that offer more diverse bonuses and build paths (anchor and helm especially, as well as unique upgrades).

4) Polpovir encounters! More sea-themed creatures!

5) Crew reactions to sailing to Magran's Teeth/Ukaizo. Maybe actual dialogue trees with each as well as the Steward?

6) More soulbound non-weapon items.

7) Kana at Crookspur (if he arrives with the Rauataian fleet - maybe more content at Crookspur post-slavers too, if possible?).

Edited by algroth
  • Like 3

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Honestly, I know its far fetched and won't happen but I would love for a little side quest that allows you to transfer Modwyr's soul into a Devil of Caroc like mechanical body. Also, a unique staff that acts like a wand maybe? Something ranged and wizardy.

• Like 1

More shanties??? Sod that... too many of these crap things, I hope your list isn't in order of priorities?

More unique weapons... many categories only have 1 or two uniques... and getting a unique near the end of the game means it will never be used.

Agree with 13.

I want all companions to be at the pub in the first port. If I have to wait until half way through the game to get a companion I shant be using them, by the time I  could get them I already have a party I don't want to change.

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

I want all companions to be at the pub in the first port. If I have to wait until half way through the game to get a companion I shant be using them, by the time I  could get them I already have a party I don't want to change.

This has been common to every CRPG ever made afaik, so I doubt they'll break new ground by coming up with a narrative justification for 7 diverse companions (3 of whom you first met on another continent) to all just happen to be sitting in the first bar you come across. Aloth being on the island is enough of a stretch as it is.

One thing I would like to see from upcoming DLCs would be one or more full fledged companions. The originals are already fairly short on content and I haven't met a sidekick yet who is currently worth the time, so either adding some significant content to existing companions/sidekicks or adding some more of the former would add a lot to the party experience.

• Like 2

I forgot to mention Modwyr banters and interjections. That would kick some major arse.

• Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I agree more unique enemies with extended abilities that they pepper throughout the game to up POTD difficulty

Introduce a few new character quests for say those like Pallegina

The ability to capture boats and sell them if you meet certain conditionals - like enough uninjured crew, extra helmsman (wishful thinking request)

I keep starting the game over so haven't finished it totally yet so all my ideas may be way off the mark!!!

• Like 1

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

More enemies with unique abilities/enemies using more abilities. Dominating Gaze makes Fampyrs the only challenging non-boss enemies in the entire game.

Honestly I'd like to see that prioritized before anything else, personally. The game is simply not difficult past level 10-12 with the SOLE exception of Fampyrs.

• Like 1

I hope some of the DLC budget goes to a unique boss fight theme, that could then be back ported into the main game for boss fights. It doesn't feel as satisfying for bosses to just have generic music. This is one of several things the first game figured out but the second game hasn't retained, for whatever reason

• Like 5

I hope some of the DLC budget goes to a unique boss fight theme, that could then be back ported into the main game for boss fights. It doesn't feel as satisfying for bosses to just have generic music. This is one of several things the first game figured out but the second game hasn't retained, for whatever reason

Oh man, more music. Hell yes.

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

S E A    S H A N T I E S

Weirder and more exotic weapons mostly. I realize we're limited to certain things due to the setting but weird and eccentric weapons are my jam. And no I don't mean things like Anime Blade 9001.

Also I'd really like some more throwbacks to past companions. I realize that's a small thing but a small wayward reference to Hiravias insulting someone's mother or a story about how Durance lit some poor fool aflame.

• Like 1

Yes! We have no bananas.