Hi All!

I haven’t seen much in the way of Spiritualist builds, so I hope this spurs some fresh discussion.

This is my first posted build. I have been playing with this build on Veteran and am about halfway through. I have so far found it very fun to play, although it does take a bit of micro. I suspect I could use the AI to run a few things, but paying attention to targeting and tactical placement are still important. If anyone would like to go where I fear and run this on PotD and/or solo please let me know how it goes!

Here is my character build detail for the Siren. I hope you all like it.

Build Name Siren

Subclass(es): Beckoner/Beguiler (Spiritualist)

Description: The Siren is about control, both of your enemies and of some summons. She also has a good amount of debuff with most of her abilities focused on the mind and deception tags. She prefers short ranged combat using the blunderbuss as her main source of damage. She tries to remain as central to her teammates and summons to maximize her chant and other AOE abilities. Her intellect allows her control and debuff capabilities extended duration and maximizes the area of effect of them. Her dexterous nature allows her to utilize her talents at a frightening speed.

Author: Toadbat

Game version: 2.0

Difficulty: Veteran (I am a wimp, this build might be able to go higher)

Solo: Untested

Companion: No companion or sidekick fit’s this class build.

Race: Moon Godlike  (I chose this for some additional staying power, but any race will work.)

Culture: Old Vailia  (for the increased intelligence)

Background: Artist  (This is open to change based on your desired skill choices)

Attribute         Adjusted       Incl/BB

Might                   8                    10

Constitution         8                    10

Dexterity           18                    20                  (Godlike)

Perception         18                    20

Intelligence      20                    22                  (Godlike, Old Vailia)

Resolve              6                       8

Level    Proficiency        Active Skill         Passive Skill              Ability

1             Blunderbuss                                                                    Whispers of Treason

1             Saber                                                                               If their Bones.../Come, Come Soft Winds…

2                                          Athletics          Survival                       Lingering Echoes

3                                          Athletics          Metaphysics                Eyestrike

4             Dagger                 Mechanics       Insight                         Draining Whip, At the Sound of His Voice…

5                                          Stealth              Metaphysics               Mental Binding

6                                          Stealth             Insight                         Dual Weapon Style

7                                          Arcana             Metaphysics               Secret Horrors, At the Sound of His Voice…

8             Hatchet                Mechanics       Bluff                             Ancient Brittle Bones

9                                           Athletics         Insight                          Combat Focus

10                                         Arcana            Metaphysics               And Their Fear Followed…, Body Attornment

11                                         Mechanics      Bluff                            The Lover Cried out…

12           Pistol                     Athletics         Insight                         Hammering Thoughts

13                                         Arcana             Metaphysics              Borrowed Instinct, Rapid Casting

14                                         Mechanics      Bluff                           Gernisc's Beast Lit the Night…

15                                         Athletics         Insight                         Aefyllath Ues Mith Fyr

16           Spear                    Arcana             History                       The Empty Soul, Quick Summoning

17                                        Mechanics       Bluff                            Mind Plague

18                                         Athletics         History                        Spell Resistance

19                                         Arcana            History                       Yet it's mate…, The Complete Self

20           Mace                    Mechanics       Bluff                            Echoing Horror

I picked what weapon proficiencies made sense to dual wield, so I could improve my reaction time.

I maxed perception because this is my trap-finder. As far as skills go, pick what you want.

I know a lot more min/max’ing could occur and feel free to discuss that here. Also, please comment and opine on the skill and attribute selections. I am not yet sure that the ones listed below are best in class. I am looking forward to your opinions.

-Toadbat

Edited for format and some content. Word copy/paste import failed miserably :). I will continue to improve.

Updated abilities based on comments from Verde and Ophiuchus.

Further improved formatting, rewrote some of the content to flow better, corrected chant to Aefyllath Ues Mith Fyr per Ophiuchus (thanks!)

Just realized that 2.0 came out a while ago, no changes there affect this build to my knowledge. I have updated the Version above to reflect that.

Edited by Toadbat
  • Like 1

-Toadbat

POE II Class Builds: Siren

POE II Guides: Naval Combat

Like gkathellar said, Moon Godlike's heal won't add a whole lot. I like the style of this build overall, though I'd strongly suggest you include Secret Horrors since it's bread and butter for Beguiler. You can open with it from Stealth for reduced recovery and a bit of Focus gain, and since it adds so many effects (-5 RES, -5 CON, disables hostile abilities, reduces incoming healing), it increases both your offense and defense: all in .05 base seconds right out of the gate. I'd also stick to blunderbusses and/or pistols since being in melee negates Beguiler's range bonus (albeit small) to Deception Powers.

Edited by Ophiuchus

Oh, and as far as race goes, I do think that any would work fine. Godlike has the best attribute synergy, I was just tired of playing nature godlikes :)

The nature of the build does not highly depend on any racial bonuses or abilities, so pick what makes sense to you.

-Toadbat

-Toadbat

Oh, and as far as race goes, I do think that any would work fine. Godlike has the best attribute synergy, I was just tired of playing nature godlikes :)

The nature of the build does not highly depend on any racial bonuses or abilities, so pick what makes sense to you.

-Toadbat

Lose Keen Mind

Thanks for the information about Secret Horrors, I did miss that. So, I suppose I can replace Hammering Thoughts, although I really like the extra penetration. Any suggestions on what to loose?

-Toadbat

I would take out Tumbling or Keen Mind like Verde suggested if you're going for a full party on Veteran. You probably won't notice those effects too often: your CC and party support abilities should get you through every encounter just fine; and with Fire in The Hole and Hand Mortar/Kitchen Stove you won't be starved for Focus. Definitely keep Hammering Thoughts since you don't have any martial abilities.

Another question I have is about Ring Leader, is it better to take that rather than Borrowed Instincts? Or, maybe replace something else?

-Toadbat

I don't play with Charm/Dominate much, but with a party and summons, adding Ringleader to the mix might be detrimental and screw up pathfinding (the dominated enemies might push your frontliners around, for example). In some cases it'll probably be overkill (solo might be a different matter). Since you aren't coupling Cipher with a martial class, I'd go with Borrowed Instinct for that sweet accuracy bonus.

Edited by Ophiuchus

Thanks for the input Verde and Ophiuchus.  I have adjusted the abilities column. I have removed Keen Mind and Tumbling, now I have a gap at level 15. Should I put one of these back in? Or, is there a better choice?

-Toadbat

-Toadbat

Thanks for the input Verde and Ophiuchus.  I have adjusted the abilities column. I have removed Keen Mind and Tumbling, now I have a gap at level 15. Should I put one of these back in? Or, is there a better choice?

-Toadbat

Sure thing. Cipher's been my main since PoE:1 but I'm not as experienced with Chanters. If you go with ranged weapons, you could always pick that chant that lowers recovery/reload. Offense chants like the party-wide fire lash work well with Beckoner since their summons have short durations. On the Cipher side, you could always stack Body Attunement with Recall Agony (an underrated Power) and watch your minions pick away at a large target.

Edited by Ophiuchus

Thanks Ophiuchus! All good ideas, I added The Dragon Thrashed at level 15. I chose that one because it synergises with the large number of skeletons (I think that's how it will work anyway). But, as you mentioned there is the one that improves the recovery rate would be good to. With a full party I feel like I have enough single target damage, though I will see how things go and consider Recalled Agony.

Cheers!

-Toadbat

• Like 1

-Toadbat

Thanks Ophiuchus! All good ideas, I added The Dragon Thrashed at level 15. I chose that one because it synergises with the large number of skeletons (I think that's how it will work anyway). But, as you mentioned there is the one that improves the recovery rate would be good to. With a full party I feel like I have enough single target damage, though I will see how things go and consider Recalled Agony.

Cheers!

-Toadbat

Cool. Let me know how it works out. I'd like to try this out on a hireling in a future run.

Edit: Just realized you're using The Dragon Thrashed, which is a direct damage fire/slash chant. You'd want to use this one for minion lashes: https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Aefyllath+Ues+Mith+Fyr.

Edited by Ophiuchus

Cheers!

-Toadbat

Cool. Let me know how it works out. I'd like to try this out on a hireling in a future run.

Edit: Just realized you're using The Dragon Thrashed, which is a direct damage fire/slash chant. You'd want to use this one for minion lashes: https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Aefyllath+Ues+Mith+Fyr.

Thanks for the catch! And, let me know  how the build works for you.

I really wish I could figure out the formatting (I can't seem to get tables to work). But, I think I cleaned it up and switched some stuff around so it reads better.

-Toadbat

• Like 1

-Toadbat