How do alien races tell each other apart?

Now we can all tell the difference between a Wookie and a Rodian and Bith (If you don't then what are you doing looking at a Star Wars game forum? :) )

But if you walk into a cantina how can you tell the difference between Humans, Mandalorians, Echanni, Naboo and corellians (and possibly others)?

They all look the same, ie they are all played by Human actors with no make up (as far as we know at least :o )

So in the Star Wars universe if say in a bar fight someone tries to intimidate you by saying they are Mandalorian how would you know they really were?

What if you wanted to fight some weakling Naboo but ended up picking a fight with some hard nut Echanni warrior?

In the cantina on Mannan the Iridorian mercenary says "I'm not for hire, you might try the Mandalorian or the Echanni", How can it tell what species they are? It could have been 2 Mandalorians, or 2 Echanni, or even 2 Humans.

Just think how confusing the Mandalore wars must have been, both sides could have sent spies into the others camps and noone could tell the difference.

Makes you think.......we could have aliens amoung us :ph34r:

Now we can all tell the difference between a Wookie and a Rodian and Bith (If you don't then what are you doing looking at a Star Wars game forum? ;) )

But if you walk into a cantina how can you tell the difference between Humans, Mandalorians, Echanni, Naboo and corellians (and possibly others)?

They all look the same, ie they are all played by Human actors with no make up (as far as we know at least  :) )

So in the Star Wars universe if say in a bar fight someone tries to intimidate you by saying they are Mandalorian how would you know they really were?

What if you wanted to fight some weakling Naboo but ended up picking a fight with some hard nut Echanni warrior?

In the cantina on Mannan the Iridorian mercenary says "I'm not for hire, you might try the Mandalorian or the Echanni",  How can it tell what species they are? It could have been 2 Mandalorians, or 2 Echanni, or even 2 Humans.

Just think how confusing the Mandalore wars must have been, both sides could have sent spies into the others camps and noone could tell the difference.

Simple, how do you think animals are able to tell each other apart?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Simple, how do you think animals are able to tell each other apart?

They sniff each other.

My point was they're using other sences to recognize each other, but for a Rodian, that might do :p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If you are from Naboo or Corellia you are just human. I do not belieive I have seen them refered otherwise. I have only heard of Mandaloreans being refered to as a different speicies. And I never heard of Echanni prior to this game.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

They all look the same, ie they are all played by Human actors with no make up (as far as we know at least  ;) )

I saw that echanni was african. so i think it would be simular to telling the differince from south african and german and briten

Do I smell spam?

I do, but then again it might just be my kitchen...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Mandalorians aren't a race of humans, but a mercenary group, right? Or maybe the early early Mandalorians were?

the madolorians, or rather the mandolorian clans are a group of nere humans, with only slightr difference. maybe military training from a very young age or something.

they are human, but not base human.

the elchani, are suppose to be agile or somethjing.

the hapans, have a +2 to cha, and are easy on the eyes and are blind

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

There are secret handshakes! Didn't you know that? post-1139-1093694895.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

How do our armies of todays and histories reality tell each other apart? They would use alot of other things beside sight to establish whether they are allies or enemies! Accents, records, uniforms and a whole lot of other things would be used because im assuming they would be highly organised :p

Mandalorians aren't a race of humans, but a mercenary group, right? Or maybe the early early Mandalorians were?

the madolorians, or rather the mandolorian clans are a group of nere humans, with only slightr difference. maybe military training from a very young age or something.

they are human, but not base human.

the elchani, are suppose to be agile or somethjing.

the hapans, have a +2 to cha, and are easy on the eyes and are blind

ya maybe

Now we can all tell the difference between a Wookie and a Rodian and Bith (If you don't then what are you doing looking at a Star Wars game forum? :huh: )

They all look the same, ie they are all played by Human actors with no make up (as far as we know at least  :blink: )

In the cantina on Mannan the Iridorian mercenary says "I'm not for hire, you might try the Mandalorian or the Echanni",  How can it tell what species they are? It could have been 2 Mandalorians, or 2 Echanni, or even 2 Humans.

So do you think every single human being looks the same and are impossible to distinguish where they're from? I'd think that skin tone, accent, and the way they dress would give big hints.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The Echani probably have a smaller yet more muscular build then the average human, thus making them very agile. Think of the Echani as gymnast. The Mandalorians, from what Canderous was saying, probably have a larger build then the average human. While they maybe only be slightly taller then the average human they probably have a thicker bone structure and larger muscles. They would be lost agile then the Echani, and weaker pound for pound, but they are stronger due to size. I was interested in seeing what the Iridorian looks like under all that armor. They are definatly a human sub-group, and seemingly better warriors then the Mandalorians and Echani.

The Echani probably have a smaller yet more muscular build then the average human, thus making them very agile.  Think of the Echani as gymnast.  The Mandalorians, from what Canderous was saying, probably have a larger build then the average human.  While they maybe only be slightly taller then the average human they probably have a thicker bone structure and larger muscles.  They would be lost agile then the Echani, and weaker pound for pound, but they are stronger due to size.  I was interested in seeing what the Iridorian looks like under all that armor.  They are definatly a human sub-group, and seemingly better warriors then the Mandalorians and Echani.

Despite the fact that in combat, they go into a kind of fever that makes them want to kill anything and everything around them...even there bretheren. :ph34r: