Any reason to tick off the gods?

Heya, 

So, I've seen a lot of threads here and on the strategies forum about how to deal with the various gods' curses - like Berath's requiring you to kill a certain number of kith. And I was wondering... is going for one of those entirely just another layer of challenge on the game, or is there anything interesting you get for doing so (Extra dialogue with that particular god/goddess or some of their followers)? Also, what exactly does betraying each of them DO? I know 

- Berath: You need to kill 70 Kith, don't know what the curse does. 

- Hylea: She sends a bunch of birds to poo all over your boat, but you can upgrade your hull to get rid of that (And apparently, judging by one of the new items in the Deck of Many Things, this is just something she "does"). 

- Galawain: Makes certain boss fights harder? (I feel like that would be his way of BLESSING you, to be honest)

- Wael: I know that not hiding the Parable makes Wael remove scrolls, not sure about breaking your vow to them. 

- Skaen: 

- Rymrgand: 

Furthermore, does Wael give you anything for actually doing what they want? I know Skaen's was dummied out, and Rym doesn't because he's the god of entropy. 

Wael never asks for a vow, nor grants a boon.  They just tell you what they think you should do with the souls, and leave it at that.  And, as far as I can tell, there is no bonus in Deadfire for having done they ask.   

Rymrgand gives you a curse called "Burden of Memory" during the first animancer quest, giving -2 might and resolve, which goes away after a set period of time.

Berath decreases all your attributes by one.

I’m tempted to betray Galawain on purpose to enjoy more challenging boss fights.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I’m tempted to betray Galawain on purpose to enjoy more challenging boss fights.

Why DOES Galawain opt to make fights easier for you? That seems to go against his whole "thing." 

I do like siding with him/Magran/Abydon though because I like their whole thing about personal drive and force of will.