Petition - Do we want to see the game made harder on POTD on the late levels? Please voice your concern here

On POTD they added flat bonuses to enemies that dont scale with level. The enemies will of course level up but the POTD bonus stats they get dont scale they are a flat bonus.

Things like accuracy and defenses don't need to scale.

Vancian =/= per rest.

On POTD they added flat bonuses to enemies that dont scale with level. The enemies will of course level up but the POTD bonus stats they get dont scale they are a flat bonus.

Things like accuracy and defenses don't need to scale.

No they added an extra amount of stats to the enemies above what they get at level up on POTD. 

0.7% finished PoE1 on POTD, compared to 12% who beat the game full stop, meaning 6% of people who beat the game did it on POTD. How many stalled out halfway through the game? The expansion? Died at the end boss and didn't bother retrying? No info there, but I don't know why the percentage of POTD players who do that would be higher than the number of Easy-Medium-Hard players

I think you're forgetting that the start is aburdly hard compared to end game.

I know a few people who quit POE1 because Veteran felt like story mode halfway through chapter 2. But they couldn't get past Caed Nua in POTD.(They didn't buy deadfire)

Pretty sure the number of players who'd have liked chapter 2&3 in POTD would have been pretty high, but we'll never know as early game is leveled to the hardcore minority.

Since the early really difficult battles can be skipped in deadfire it would have been a better test if POTD was reasonably difficult.

0.7% finished PoE1 on POTD, compared to 12% who beat the game full stop, meaning 6% of people who beat the game did it on POTD. How many stalled out halfway through the game? The expansion? Died at the end boss and didn't bother retrying? No info there, but I don't know why the percentage of POTD players who do that would be higher than the number of Easy-Medium-Hard players

The other 88% probably gave up and stopped playing because the game was to easy.

10% of the player base is still alot and i think your numbers are conservative i reckon more like 10% to 20%

Actually I was being kind.  It is probably less than 5% of total players who actually play on PotD.  As mentioned by another poster, only .07% (that's less that one percent), beat Pillars of Eternity on PotD difficulty. 

• Like 2

10% of the player base is still alot and i think your numbers are conservative i reckon more like 10% to 20%

Actually I was being kind.  It is probably less than 5% of total players who actually play on PotD.  As mentioned by another poster, only .07% (that's less that one percent), beat Pillars of Eternity on PotD difficulty. 

and the rest of the people just gave up and stopped playing it because it was to easy.

Do we want to see the game made harder on POTD on the late levels? Please voice your concern here.

No, and I don't care.

J'ai stoppé le jeu par manque d'intérêt.

Les classes ne sont pas bien balancées (le clairvoyant était pourtant bien dans POE1).

Les compagnons (à part Edèr et Aloth, même si leur écriture est tout aussi bâclée que le reste) ne m'intéressent pas (ou pire, m'agacent), les interactions sont absentes ou répétitives. Les romances n'en sont pas, les amitiés non plus. Les DLC ne proposent ces derniers temps que des niveaux de difficulté ou des compagnons inutiles. Je ne recherche pas du fps, du beat them all, ou du "(mmo)rpg moderne" mais du roleplay "old school": jouer un rôle, me concernant être une femme à tendance loyale / neutre bonne, et beaucoup d'humour (de nunuche à noir).

De captivantes quêtes , aventures, compagnons, relations, interactivités, psychologies et, même si l'ambiance ne s'y prête pas (héro = marionnette des "dieux" dans un monde qui jusqu'ici fonctionnait sur le "recyclage des âmes"), un peu d'humour (et de tendresse, comme le chantait Diane Tell). L'impression d'être l'héroïne d'un roman de fantasy à la David & Leigh Eddings.

[une touche de housing avec objets interactifs n'aurait pas été de refus. J'ai bien aimé customiser mon bateau dans divinity original sin 2 en récupérant des petits objets un peu partout : bougies, vases, tableaux, miroirs, savons, oreillers, bouteilles, nourriture, pichets et verres, bijoux, etc.]

Pour conclure, je suis revenue sur Oblivion et Skyrim, dont les mods offrent tellement de contenus que chacun peut y trouver son compte, en attendant la sortie de deux cRPG isométriques prometteurs, pour lesquels j'ai participé au financement. 

Je m'interroge sur mon éventuelle participation au financement du prochain Pillars of Eternity, s'il y en a un troisième. 

I stopped the game for lack of interest.

The classes are not well balanced (the cipher was good in POE1).

The companions (except Edèr and Aloth, even if their writing is just as sloppy as the rest) do not interest me (or worse, upset me), the interactions are absent or repetitive. Romances are "wtf ?", friendships either. DLCs ​​have recently been offering difficulty levels or unnecessary companions.

I'm not looking for fps, beat them all, or "(mmo) rpg modern" but roleplaying "old school" : play a role ; for me, being a loyal / neutral good woman with a lot of humor.

Captivating quests, adventures, companions, relationships, interactivities, psychologies and, even if the atmosphere does not lend itself to it (hero = puppet of the "gods" in a world which up to now functioned on the "recycling of the souls"), a little humor (and tenderness, as Diane Tell sang). This impression of being the heroine of a fantasy novel "à la" David & Leigh Eddings.

[A touch of housing with interactive objects would have been welcome. I liked to customize my boat in divinity original sin 2 by collecting small objects everywhere : candles, vases, paintings, mirrors, soaps, pillows, bottles, food, pitchers and glasses, jewelry, etc.]

To conclude, I returned to Oblivion and Skyrim, whose mods offer so much content that everyone can find his account, waiting for the release of two promising isometric cRPG, which I took part in the financing. I wonder about my possible participation in the financing of the next Pillars of Eternity, if there is a third.

Edited by Riwalena

No, and I don't care.

ROFL - best example of contradictio in adiecto that I saw in these forums so far... thank you!

Too bad the rest of your post has zilch to do with the topic of the thread.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

and the rest of the people just gave up and stopped playing it because it was to easy.

Source? Bet you don't have one. It's just speculation.

• Like 1

To Boeroer :

Vous n'avez visiblement pas compris mon point de vue.
Cela fait des mois que j'ai arrêté le jeu et le forum. Je suis venue suite à l'annonce d'un prochain dlc via email, encore décevant pour moi. En parcourant brièvement le forum, j'ai lu ce post titré "pétition" qui souhaite encore un dlc privilégiant la difficulté au reste (que je liste de façon non exhaustive).
Enfin, j'explique que ce n'est pas le manque de difficulté qui m'a fait arrêter, mais bien "ce reste", et vu la direction que Obsidian continue à prendre, les prochains seront du même acabit. Par conséquent, j'ai perdu tout espoir concernant ce jeu, la série, voire la société et les créateurs.
Bonne continuation.

Obviously, you have not understood my point of view.
It's been months since I stopped the game and the forum. I came after the announcement of a next dlc via email, still disappointing for me.
While browsing briefly the forum, I saw this post titled "petition", which still wishes a dlc privileging the difficulty to the rest (what I list in a non-exhaustive way).
And I explain that it's not the lack of difficulty that made me stop, but "this rest", and given the direction that Obsidian continues to take, the next will be the same. So my last hope about this game, Obsidian and creators (especially writers) is gone today.
Good continuation.

Ah another thing: i would that you can use mechanichs skill OR perception to see traps. I like to play solo, and atm you are forced to pick always 16-18 perception just to be able to see the traps. The other options are run blindly in trap fields and rest continuously or remember every trap of the game and circumnavigate them ( not always possible).

You can make it that mech skill x2 count as equal perception points ( only for traps, not hidden stash). For ex : with 5 mechs you can spot traps for wich you need 10 percetion ecc.

Go on nexus website and read the notes on the three mods on there that adjust difficulty:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/158?tab=description

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/158?tab=docs

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/83

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/43

One of those mods states:

"For simplicity's sake, I'm going to refer only to Path of the Damned in this readme. However, everything said still applies to all the other difficulties, just without enemies having a flat bonuses of +10 Accuracy and +5 Defenses."

so it kept bonuses to accuracy and defenses flat. Like it wasn't a problem.

Vancian =/= per rest.

Actually I was being kind. It is probably less than 5% of total players who actually play on PotD. As mentioned by another poster, only .07% (that's less that one percent), beat Pillars of Eternity on PotD difficulty.

You really like losing bets, don't you? ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Considering there are posts by sawyer himself on the subject, yeah.  It isn't worth the effort though.  I just wish people would complain about the things that effect everyone's game and are legit. 

The amount of people posting on the Obsidian forums are clearly less than 1% of the playerbase so Obsidian should ignore us anyway.

Correct. And your post is only the equivalent of 1.7% of posts that where posted today. So your post should be ignored also.

• Like 1

Actually I was being kind. It is probably less than 5% of total players who actually play on PotD. As mentioned by another poster, only .07% (that's less that one percent), beat Pillars of Eternity on PotD difficulty.

That makes no sense. If there is a source, where it shows, that people stop playing deadfire, because it is too easy, i want to see it. Not for a few individuals, for the whole playerbase.

The amount of people posting on the Obsidian forums are clearly less than 1% of the playerbase so Obsidian should ignore us anyway.

Correct. And your post is only the equivalent of 1.7% of posts that where posted today. So your post should be ignored also.

You didn't ignore it though, so I win!

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0