Possible bug in Tekehu and the Bear's Fortitude skill?

just2cold

Question

Hi Everyone,

First, I'm totally enjoying PoE2 and I hope everyone else is.

I'm giving Aloth a rest period and adding Tekehu the Watershaper Druid to my party.

My party is all at Level 9, so I'm in the process of levelling him up.

Tekehu's Constitution is 10 (+0 Health and +0 Fortitude)

As I was levelling up Tekehu, I gave him the Bear's Fortitude skill (+10 Fortitude) to help beef him up a little.

I noticed that the +10 Fortitude bonus was not taking effect.

I reloaded, leveled him up to 5 and gave him Bear's Fortitude again.

I saved and re-loaded, and the +10 Fortitude bonus from the Bear's Fortitude skill still does not appear.

QUESTION: Is the bonus not appearing since his base Fortitude is only 10?

Attached are screenshots of Tekehu's Constitution, Fortitude and Skills (Bear's Fortitude is highlighted). 

Thx! 

post-191498-0-23429400-1534217424_thumb.jpg

post-191498-0-47986100-1534217436_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

He should get +10 Fortitude no matter his CON value. This seems to be a bug. One thing you could try is to enter combat once to see if it activates then (and stays). Also unpause. Sometimes this helps. If not it would be nice if you could search the technical support subforum here and file a bug report if you don't find a similar bug report. Or a mod moves this thread there.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear you're running into an issue with Bear's Fortitude not applying to Tekehu.  I tried this myself and didn't end up running into the bug.  As soon as I closed Level Up after giving Tekehu the passive, he gained the +10 Fortitude.  Just2Cold, if you are still having the issue, would you be able to provide me with your save so I can have some folks investigate the issue for you and try to get a fix?  You can either provide a link to your files via Dropbox or you may attach them to an email for us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

• Like 1

Hi, thx much @SChin, @Boeroer and @Runestaff for replying and helping out!

For some reason, the Tekahu's +10 Constitution bonus for Bear's Fortitude is now working! 

The only thing I really did was to Quit to Desktop, reboot my PC, reload Deadfire and go back to the last saved game. 

The issue probably had something to do with the fact that I was leveling up Tekahu and saving each time in btwn levels-up. 

Thx again!