Beta Patch Notes for Version 2.0.1

David Benefield

Question

Hello all!

We have a small hotfix patch to address some concerns that we wanted to resolve before the 2.1 patch. Below is a list of changes for this patch. This patch is now available on the Beta Branches of Steam and GOG. See this post for instructions on how to opt in to the beta branch.

Beta Patch Notes v2.0.1.0044

• Fixed a particular Eder bark after The Messenger resurrects showing as a Missing String.
  • Fixed Pyramid of Woedica interior scene transition sometimes being hidden in fog.
  • Fixed player character gaining Knock Down, Constant Recovery, Battle Axe Proficiency, Mace Proficiency after retrain.
  • Fixed party members visually disappearing when standing in a particular spot in Sunken Crown.
  • Fixed party being separated after using a portal in the Sunken Crown when it's flooded.
  • Fixed loading the autosave created before jumping into the hole in Beast of Winter Shattered Passage permanently breaking the transition. 
  • Like 4

13 answers to this question

Can you please add this fix, as "Schin" developer communicated it would be done?  (Party members switching position all the time)

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/104908-party-members-switching-positions-all-the-time/

Many thanks

Hello Savior, we are still testing the change we made to fix that issue. We expect to have that fix in the v2.1.0 patch.

• Like 1

I tested this beta patch and had to roll back. The patch had a major performance degradation issue not present on the current stable patch. FPS would drop to single digits in less than half an hour of playing. A single ship boarding battle was enough to halve the FPS from 60 to 30 until the game was restarted. Continued play degraded it further. The whole interface became laggy as well, with periodic freezes and a noticeable delay in most UI functions.

I hope this doesn't go live without further testing.

Its just small hotfix just to cover major issue DLC, i found slightly better smooth graphic compared to 2.0, no/less lag, but playing new game long play run (like non stop 2 hours) without save/reload its horrible, many issues; AI, party, weapon, broken ability etc, save/reload can fix the issue but just annoying

Kindly test for optimized long ingame play run performance

Hey everyone,

We are very interested in this frame rate degradation issue and want to investigate it as we have not been seeing this in house.  Would you be able to help me by sending some files so we can look into this issue?  I'm interested in your output_log.txt file after this starts to occur as well as your system specs and a save file.  You can find instructions on how to obtain these here.

The files are likely to be too big to fit on this forum thread, but you can either provide a link to your files via Dropbox or you may attach them to an email for us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 2

Link to requested files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZWX8NRR7ZLPNfxjUWT_1cA_wV_u6aZ43

Reinstalled the beta patch and tested it again on a much later save and the whole thing happened again a few minutes into the game after the second boarding battle. Substantial FPS drop (60 to 40), movement and interface became jerky and laggy.

Included the custom AI files in the 7zip in case that might be related.

Also not sure if it is related but there are some strange things happening in those boarding battles. The per encounter abilities are not resetting after the battle is done, and going into another boarding battle without entering a "party" map before means that wizards, rogues and the like will be missing the encounter resources used in the previous battle. Also autopause is not working when the battle starts, but going into the ship's deck after the battle will autopause the game as if combat just started. I am mentioning this because the whole thing feels like some sort of resource ends up looping in the background after said boarding battles, consuming resources and slowing the whole thing down until the game is restarted.

Edited by srlapo

This patch has made the game worse... I've had to turn off telemetry and use Nvidia Control panel for the first time and it is still leaking memory. The AI scripting is also fairly clunky at the moment (after the patch) with the idiot AI just standing there spamming buffs over and over (even with the premade script as a guide nothing changes) . I have no idea what the problem is. Lastly, the scrolling in the scripting menu or hot spots are just not selectable without a great deal of piddling around. I'm affraid I'm going to roll back  2.01.0044 . Other then that the game has been stable outside of one crash and a non-selectable doors bug (which I think was from the memory leak as a quick reload fixes the issue).

edit: Trying to cast Holy Radiance while in stag form results in an animation lock up.

Loading a save... all saves now... sees the crew being paid for 50,000 plus gold and all food disappearing.

Edited by Wompoo

Apparently it's the ghostheart ranger class that's causing this along with other, related bugs.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99562-area-transition-icons-flicker-and-are-weirdly-evasive/

No.

The bug you are linking to can also happen without a ghostheart ranger in the party.

I occasionally have the flickering area transitions as that bug reports in 2.0.1 and I do not use a ghostheart ranger in my current party.

I also have the occasional observed FPS drop, choppy movement, and on one memorable occasion what may have been a misplaced transparency mask as running around on the second floor of the Wild Mare in Nekataka my characters were invisible to the eye when running through one part of the central room.

The good and the bad of those problems as I've experienced them is that saving the game when one of these weird graphical effects happens and reloading that save clears the issues; Good for me as that makes them mere temporary nuisances, bad for Obsidian as that means the saves can't be used to reproduce the issue, so I haven't bothered sending them any saves until one would reproduce at least something of the problem.

Edited by pi2repsion

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.