Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World State for Whispers?

PoE1 Whispers Endless Paths world state quest save state

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

jtbehnke

jtbehnke

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 122 posts

Quick question regarding the Blade of the Endless Paths and Whisper of the Endless Paths in both Deadfire and PoE1.  I've heard conflicting reports that not finding the pieces of the Blade of the Endless Paths aboard your ship in Deadfire is a bug or not.

I was under the impression that the pieces of the Blade, along with those of the Whispers of Yenwood, were in your cupboard if you recovered both weapons in Pillars of Eternity at some point.  The Fextralife article here, however, seems to indicate that you have to deliberately fail the Blade of the Endless Paths task and not reforge the sword so you get the pieces in Deadfire, and if you DO reforge the sword in the first game, it's lost forever.

So...which is it?  Is this a bug or a feature?  I want to know before completing the first game, so I know whether I have to fail the quest or not.  I'm a bit of an obsessive completionist, so the idea that I can't get the Whispers of the Endless Paths if I'm too thorough with doing quests in the first game bugs me, to say the least!

• Tick likes this

gkathellar

gkathellar

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2007 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
It'll show up if you reforged it. There was a bug at release, but it was fixed a while ago.
  • Tick and jtbehnke like this

jtbehnke

jtbehnke

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 122 posts

So the Fextralife is wrong?  Thank you for the clarification!

Tagaziel

Tagaziel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So the Fextralife is wrong?  Thank you for the clarification!

Pretty much. I think someone confused the pieces from PoE1 with pieces from PoE2.
  • jtbehnke likes this

jtbehnke

jtbehnke

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 122 posts

Thanks for the clarification everyone!  This is a big relief.  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PoE1, Whispers, Endless Paths, world state, quest, save state

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users