Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A call to all true Ascetics or: Another Naked-Solo-Challenge

solo naked potd tcs challenge

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Raven Darkholme

Raven Darkholme

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1994 posts
  • Steam:Victor_Creed_SFV

Withdraw isn't that much more reliable than invis for combat ending, there is situations where neither will end, but at the end of the day they are quite similar.

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 511 posts

Oh, you are completly free to kill everything out there naked - if you can. Withdraw is another invisibility (it isnt?) so no go for Chanters. If you dont like Legendary Captain: Skip it. This challenge should be fun and if you dont like the rules: Play the game in your own style. I like to play with handicaps - others hate this. Your choice!

This is funny @mant2si cause i started a Devoted/ Priest of Wael yesterday - looked really powerful. Tanking bigger boars in the beginning? No problem! With the high level spells and abilities this could be an unstoppable train of destruction. Skaen should be much better for the offense but Arcane Veil on the other hand helped me a lot in the early game. Hope i will get some time to play on in the next days. Eager to see your videos! ;)

Edited by Harpagornis, 14 August 2018 - 09:03 PM.

knownastherat

knownastherat

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 793 posts

Yes

mant2si

mant2si

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 680 posts

Oh, you are completly free to kill everything out there naked - if you can. Withdraw is another invisibility (it isnt?) so no go for Chanters. If you dont like Legendary Captain: Skip it. This challenge should be fun and if you dont like the rules: Play the game in your own style. I like to play with handicaps - others hate this. Your choice!

This is funny @mant2si cause i started a Devoted/ Priest of Wael yesterday - looked really powerful. Tanking bigger boars in the beginning? No problem! With the high level spells and abilities this could be an unstoppable train of destruction. Skaen should be much better for the offense but Arcane Veil on the other hand helped me a lot in the early game. Hope i will get some time to play on in the next days. Eager to see your videos! ;)

Withdraw can end fights with infinity damage effects (pal/rogues).

I didnt understand if with your challenge we need to clear maje ?

If yes, then I need Wael or Wizard :( if no, then I can stay with Skaen, I really like additional invise spell and Escape, Escape with Salvation of Time will give you +50 deflection against all attack ;)

The second qestion is enemies with high crush & fire armor like golems ?

Edited by mant2si, 15 August 2018 - 05:51 AM.

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 511 posts

If you have chosen "PotD only" then i would try as many fights as possible just to see whats possible and what not. For me this run is not only about completing it but also about the limitations of class-combos and how far they can get pushed. In PoE and even more in BG i learned much about the game when forcing me to use my limited options to maximum effect. In PoE 2 however i am still feeling like a noob cause of the greater flexibility and changed mechanics.

At the moment i think that Devoted/Skaen or Wael are very cool options so feel free to show us their potential @mant2si. I switched in the meanwhile to Devoted/Trickster - and it works also quite well. At least in the beginning. :biggrin:

I still like to stick with Moon Godlike even though it seems (nearly) no one but me is loving them anymore.

STR: 10

CON: 10

DEX: 20

PER: 16

INT: 19

RES: 3

Dumping RES might hurt but as this is not a TCS run i should be fine with it. Hopefully.

Not sure if i should switch DEX with STR but punching fast as a lightning just feels too good.

Edited by Harpagornis, 15 August 2018 - 06:34 AM.

mant2si

mant2si

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 680 posts

If you have chosen "PotD only" then i would try as many fights as possible just to see whats possible and what not. For me this run is not only about completing it but also about the limitations of class-combos and how far they can get pushed. In PoE and even more in BG i learned much about the game when forcing me to use my limited options to maximum effect. In PoE 2 however i am still feeling like a noob cause of the greater flexibility and changed mechanics.

At the moment i think that Devoted/Skaen or Wael are very cool options so feel free to show us their potential @mant2si. I switched in the meanwhile to Devoted/Trickster - and it works also quite well. At least in the beginning. :biggrin:

I still like to stick with Moon Godlike even though it seems (nearly) no one but me is loving them anymore.

STR: 10
CON: 10
DEX: 20
PER: 16
INT: 19
RES: 3

Dumping RES might hurt but as this is not a TCS run i should be fine with it. Hopefully.
Not sure if i should switch DEX with STR but punching fast as a lightning just feels too good.

I get your point ;)

Obsidian overtune Port Maje really hard.

Because of that this part is very boring and the basic tactic split -> kill feel very weird ;)

Like 20 - 30 min video how you pull/pish enemies stacks
  • Harpagornis likes this

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 511 posts

Oh, i have no problem playing the split & kill game over and over again. Thats the reason why Mizhena reached level 6 before leaving the starting island only skipping the young drake and friends. Even enemies with three skulls had no chance 1vs1 so the conclusion at least for the early game is: Devoted/Trickster is really strong! She also managed to kill a Ghost at Amiras Whisper pushing her to level 7 thanks to 612 XP! Lets hope i will get some time to play tomorrow...

P.S. Does Confident Aim and Discipline Barrage stack with regard to Graze into Hit?

Edited by Harpagornis, 15 August 2018 - 11:46 AM.

Raven Darkholme

Raven Darkholme

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1994 posts
  • Steam:Victor_Creed_SFV

P.S. Does Confident Aim and Discipline Barrage stack with regard to Graze into Hit?

It should stack, but I find it hard to test.

But keep in mind that 25%+15% doesn't equal 40% in that case.

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 511 posts

Something is going wrong here...

After having a really easy early-game with the Devoted/Trickster things are going out of hand after he reached level 13 picking up Unbending.

Can it really be that this skill gets stack over stack making the char (nearly) unkillable as long as you take care of magic dampener or heavy healing reduction?

Most of the time i can just run into the middle of the pack with unbending + disciplined strikes spamming crippling strike and death blow or just watch how the enemies get punched down with one crit after another while my character always stays at full health? Even if i run out of resources or healing reduction ticks in: Jump and Smoke Veil always keeps me save. Reset and strike again.

Maybe i should switch my rules to Single-Class only. Or wait until Obsidian has released all of their own bonus challenges. :biggrin:

Edited by Harpagornis, 19 August 2018 - 12:35 AM.

Dorftek

Dorftek

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 828 posts

After having a really easy early-game with the Devoted/Trickster things are going out of hand after he reached level 13 picking up Unbending.

Can it really be that this skill gets stack over stack making the char (nearly) unkillable as long as you take care of magic dampener or heavy healing reduction?

Most of the time i can just run into the middle of the pack with unbending + disciplined strikes spamming crippling strike and death blow or just watch how the enemies get punched down with one crit after another while my character always stays at full health? Even if i run out of resources or healing reduction ticks in: Jump and Smoke Veil always keeps me save. Reset and strike again.

Maybe i should switch my rules to Single-Class only. Or wait until Obsidian has released all of their own bonus challenges. :biggrin:

Yes unbending doesn't work as the tooltip would make u believe, it does indeed add stack over stack or how to put it. The only things that can stop a character with Unbending is Arcane dampened and constitution afflictions. Also certain bosses that don't come with many weak adds to proc more unbending.

BTW I only finished port maje on my naked guy, I'm little burned out on the game right now and mostly playing Fallout for a while :)

Also the thought of all that ship combat discouraged me, I really really don't like the shipcombat due to its heavy RNG system.

Edited by Dorftek, 19 August 2018 - 01:00 AM.

mant2si

mant2si

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 680 posts

This skill work only with group of enemies, it doesn't work well with bosses / arcane dumper / constitution affliction - i.e single affliction that reduce incoming health can be deadly for you 

L13 fights is really easy, try to challenge fampyrs or other high level content, check ship combat, for everything else you don't need even unbending

Edited by mant2si, 19 August 2018 - 01:00 AM.

Reent

Reent

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 280 posts

naked chanter in POE1 was easy after i knew what to do, vanilla game i could manage TCS naked chanter without problem after caed nua, the add ons i didnt play that much...

this time i am waiting for all DLCs before i really invest time into game - burned out on POE1 before really finishing the add ons, i havent killed the Archmages yet.

Started the game with TCS and... it wasn't fun to walk through the prologue, at least you can skip it now.

Chanter+Shifter is quite fun - go in for the kill or summon for the win, Chanter+Rogue was my plan for a serious TCS try... maybe i will look into monk+chanter some more... so i can try the naked run with it.

I still need to prepare for ship battles, i lost most chars to ship battles...

• Harpagornis likes this

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 511 posts

Yeah, you are right @Reent. I am also waiting until the DLC´s and bonus challenges are out so for the moment i am mostly toying around with lots of builds not caring about items. I have done so many poverty/naked runs in other games in the meanwhile that i cannot allow myself to use all those "OP" weapons, armor etc. I restarted another Devoted/Priest of Wael using Beraths Challenge just to see how much more challenging it gets. For Chanters this one should be a dream but - yeah - i still dont like this class at all. :biggrin:

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 511 posts

Beraths Challenge is finally bringing some more fun into the naked runs!

While my Devoted/Priest of Wael was already strong Eklun the Elven Devoted/Shieldbearer seems even stronger. At least for the early game. So far he managed to clear all enemy groups except for the Drake and the Skeletons in the training hall in one go using Disciplined Strike + Lay on Hands whenever HP were critical. The Spirits and Adra Slime were easier than expected as long as he splitted the big group in smaller ones so Constant Recovery was keeping his HP high as long as possible before switching to Lay on Hands. Even the Crystal Spiders were much easier thanks to the Elven innate resistance to dexterity afflictions (no paralyze at all). The spiders and swarms of imps in the SE required the first Empower to regain some class powers. Still a close fight! :biggrin:

The next goal is to somehow close the gap to level 13 gaining Unbending so bigger group fights will get much easier. Neketaka is waiting... ;)

Edited by Harpagornis, 20 August 2018 - 07:04 AM.

Belegc

Belegc

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

I wonder if a combination of Monk (Helwalker) + Priest of Wael could work for this challenge.

Monk for the improving your fists damage (Transcendent Suffering) and the all the other monk goodies including the huge might bonus from Helwalker while the priest could supply all the defensive/buffing side.

race could be Nature Godlike but the attributes are difficult to distribute :).

Dorftek

Dorftek

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 828 posts

I wonder if a combination of Monk (Helwalker) + Priest of Wael could work for this challenge.

Monk for the improving your fists damage (Transcendent Suffering) and the all the other monk goodies including the huge might bonus from Helwalker while the priest could supply all the defensive/buffing side.

race could be Nature Godlike but the attributes are difficult to distribute :).

Problem is that u will go down very fast with this combo, especially as a helwalker. U'd have to rely on Barring Deaths door + Salvation of time to keep u alive. It could work but it will be very difficult before lvl 16.

mant2si

mant2si

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 680 posts

After few tests (I done all tests with console) I don't think that this challenge is possible without chanter class (only if you want simple complete game without clearing all tough fights). I tested Troubadour/Devoted and can complete near all (High Level) fights without problems

Chanters solve summon/healing/penetration problems and has unlimited resources

The biggest problem is long fights like Ukaizo where bosses have high Armor/Life, with low deflection

Druid + Fighter/Paladin is also good, but you don't have enough penetration and invise/withdraw spells
Skaen + Fighter can done a lot of fights, but don't have enough healing for long bosses fights
Shifter + Monk can't handle boarding fights with a lot of ranger enemies

I don't like challenges where your forced to select single class :( You can call it Chanter Naked-Solo-Challenge :D

Edited by mant2si, 21 August 2018 - 02:25 AM.

• Dr <3 likes this

Dorftek

Dorftek

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 828 posts

After few tests I don't think that this challenge is possible without chanter class (only if you want simple complete game without clearing all tough fights). I tested Troubadour/Devoted and can complete near all (High Level) fights without problems

Chanters solve summon/healing/penetration problems and has unlimited resources

The biggest problem is long fights like Ukaizo where bosses have high Armor/Life, with low deflection

Druid + Fighter/Paladin is also good, but you don't have enough penetration and invise/withdraw spells
Skaen + Fighter can done a lot of fights, but don't have enough healing for long bosses fights
Shifter + Monk can't handle boarding fights with a lot of ranger enemies

yeah this is what i was afraid of, the AR vs Pen screw u over in this game

• mant2si likes this

Dr <3

Dr <3

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1039 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Yeah, but you know, the game is kind balaced for a party of 5 people, using weapons and spells with sinergic effect. Obviously if you solo you have to cover all problems ( tank, dps, buff yourself, debuff enemies) by yourself, by design every class do something better than others...

Surely chanter is a strong contender mainly for unlimited resources, but so are also chipers and monks more or less

Dorftek

Dorftek

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 828 posts

not as much while naked

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: solo, naked, potd, tcs, challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users