Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A call to all true Ascetics or: Another Naked-Solo-Challenge

solo naked potd tcs challenge

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Dorftek

Dorftek

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 828 posts
The one thing I truly dread is getting legendary rank captain lol

1TTFFSSE

1TTFFSSE

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 527 posts

Beguiler/Wael (Priest) might work but at high levels you want to summon you minor avatar to use the cipher spells on but hitting high levels might be okish if you avoid fighting early and sink ships with cannons. you definitely need to "steel" and sell as much as possible early game to get a dhow at least. 

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 511 posts

If the armor (e.g. dancer outfit) is only for aethetical porpuse (no AR or any other bonus) then its okay for me! ;)

Drugs are not allowed as well as any other consumables except for the one you can use when resting. I am a really bad guy no? :devil:

Okay i rolled a Moon Godlike Ghost Heart/Priest of Magran - say hello to Mizhena:

STR: 18

CON: 3

DEX: 16

PER: 18

INT: 20

RES: 3

Pretty much as much min/max as you can go. Thanks to the pet and her healing options (plus Hyleas resting bonus) this should be enough. Even more as this one will be "only" a pure PotD run. TC will have to wait until i get more confident with the build (and have collected more metagame knowledge). :biggrin:

Anyway: Good luck to Dorftek whatever your final choice will be! ;)

Edited by Harpagornis, 13 August 2018 - 10:41 AM.

Dorftek

Dorftek

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 828 posts

Creating a singleclass wizard, i will use TCS wich i will probably regret.

Dancer Diana:

Nature Godlike 

Mig: 18

con: 8

Dex: 16

Per: 17

Int: 16

Res: 3

Problem will be i cant heal... at all :p

(except for certain leeches tho ofc)

I can use a grimoire, right? O_o

Edited by Dorftek, 13 August 2018 - 11:03 AM.

mant2si

mant2si

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 680 posts

If the armor (e.g. dancer outfit) is only for aethetical porpuse (no AR or any other bonus) then its okay for me! ;)

Drugs are not allowed as well as any other consumables except for the one you can use when resting. I am a really bad guy no? :devil:

Okay i rolled a Moon Godlike Ghost Heart/Priest of Magran - say hello to Mizhena:

STR: 18
CON: 3
DEX: 16
PER: 18

Pretty much as much min/max as you can go. Thanks to the pet and her healing options (plus Hyleas resting bonus) this should be enough. Even more as this one will be "only" a pure PotD run. TC will have to wait until i get more confident with the build (and have collected more metagame knowledge). :biggrin:

Anyway: Good luck to Dorftek whatever your final choice will be! ;)

I don't think that you can have both resolve and constitution so low

And Moon Godlike is not very good race, dwarf with +15 acc vs wilders or death godlike or human will be better

You dont need such high migth, and you can reduce perception by 2

Dr <3

Dr <3

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1039 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Harpagornis, nice to see you again!

If you haven't started yet i suggest monk/wizard. Is a very strong and versatile setup, that comes with a lot of sinergies and if everything is going bad, just citzal lance + swift strikes + heartbeat drumming will save the day
  • Harpagornis likes this

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 511 posts

Moon Godlike is a built in constitution bonus and has done me well in the past. I agree that it should be higher - at least for TCS. Reent had finished his naked run in PoE 1 with PER 3 which also looked crazy but - okay - he was "only" a chanter. However: If the build is not working i can reroll it anytime soon. :biggrin:

The starting region however was easy like never. Fan of Flames + Pet + Mark + punching with 18-25 damage fists on flanked enemies was easy going. With the pistol (and some more spell options) things should get even easier - no? We will see!

Ah, hello Dr <3! Also still around here? Nice! Maybe you wanna try Monk/Wizard yourself? *cough*

P.S. Grimoires are NOT allowed. This is a naked challenge. The only exceptions can be found in the OP. :devil:

Edited by Harpagornis, 13 August 2018 - 11:48 AM.

Dorftek

Dorftek

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 828 posts
Well hell lol, guess I'll start over :p

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 511 posts

Same here... CON 3 is indeed a bit over the top. Got one-shoted several times now. No, no... no! :biggrin:

Maybe this Ghost Heart/Priest of Magran will work better:

STR: 14

CON: 10

DEX: 15

PER: 16

I tried out Death Godlike but was missing my passive heals right from the start. Better to howl at the moon again... :w00t:

BtW: I thought Boreal Dwarves only get the chance to graze against Wilders or Primordials? Wasnt the +15 ACC from PoE 1? :blink:

Edited by Harpagornis, 13 August 2018 - 12:26 PM.

baldurs_gate_2

baldurs_gate_2

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well, the hardest fight besides the DLC Dragons, is the Ukaizo one. In the past, you could kill him with one scroll of meteo shower, but i don't know if that works upscaled as well.

So a Wizard does not really need items to be powerfull (except for a grimoire maybe).

mant2si

mant2si

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 680 posts

Same here... CON 3 is indeed a bit over the top. Got one-shoted several times now. No, no... no! :biggrin:

Maybe this Ghost Heart/Priest of Magran will work better:

STR: 14

CON: 10

DEX: 15

PER: 16

I tried out Death Godlike but was missing my passive heals right from the start. Better to howl at the moon again... :w00t:

BtW: I thought Boreal Dwarves only get the chance to graze against Wilders or Primordials? Wasnt the +15 ACC from PoE 1? :blink:

You don't need 14 STR, 20 INT, but you need resistance to might affliction (if you don't want random death from stunlock), only Amua race has resistance to might

STR:  8
CON: 14
DEX: 20
PER: 9
INT  : 19
RES: 8

Then you need next bonuses: 

Alchemic Brawn: +2 CON, +2 MIG
Nature's Resolve: +10 Accuracy, +2 RES
Cabin boy: +1 DEX, +1 PER, -20% hostile effect duration
Captain's Banquet: +20% Damage with Spells, +20% Action Speed, Immunity to Intellect/Perception/Resolve afflictions
Dawnstar's blessing: +50% Healing done, +2 Religion

This bonuses will make your stats look like

10//16/21/10/19/10
+10 ACC
+20% Damage with spells
+20% Action Speed
Immunity to Intellect/Perception/Resolve and resistance to might affliction
-20% Hostile Effects Duration
+50% Healing

If you has AIM to win all ship combat, then you need some way to stop initial combat and change aggro from you to your summon, without this enemies will destroy you no matter how you strong. I assume only naked fighter can survive first attack

Edited by mant2si, 13 August 2018 - 01:04 PM.

Raven Darkholme

Raven Darkholme

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1994 posts
  • Steam:Victor_Creed_SFV

Hey Harpa. :D

• Harpagornis likes this

knownastherat

knownastherat

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 793 posts

Who else could beat the challenge than a wizard, the strongest class, right? 

• Raven Darkholme likes this

Raven Darkholme

Raven Darkholme

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1994 posts

I kid you not wizard could actually do it TCS.

With reloads I think many pally combos will work, too.

As far as I remember Harpa doesn't like wizards. :p

Edited by Raven Darkholme, 14 August 2018 - 06:14 AM.

1TTFFSSE

1TTFFSSE

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 527 posts

if you have actually have to  ship board doing this challenge is masochists dream

knownastherat

knownastherat

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 793 posts

Do it on stream.

All this talk how wizard is powerful and I get to see monks, paladins and rogues.  

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 511 posts

Yeah, i still do not like Wizards that much. But Chanters are even worse - at least for me. :biggrin:

You do not have to win all boarding fights - sinking them with your cannons is all it needs.

With reloads several class combos should be able to do this but the dream would be to do a full naked TCS run once all DLC´s  are out. Still a long way to go. And more than enough options to get all the metagame knowledge that will be needed even though my playing time is heavily restricted. We will see! ;)

mant2si

mant2si

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 680 posts

I will try to record video with - Devoted/Priest of Skaen | Nature godlike (+1PL + 1PL from Acute will give +1PEN to unarmed fight)

16 INT / 18 DEX / 9 CON / 9 MIG / 10 RES / 16 PER

2 x DW weapon sets - Fists (14 PEN, 3S Recovery) | Club (13 PEN, +5 ACC, -25 WILL, ~28% Lash) & Stiletto (13 PEN, 28% Lash) 
Acute/Aware/Resolute Inspirations, with Captain Banquet all those inspirations will be never dispelled by enemies spell 
Plenty of red button / fight reset options Withdraw | Invise | Escape | Unbreakable
Resistance for  Dexterity (Paralyze) / Might (Stun) + immunies from Captain Banquet
Constantly 110 - 120 defenses
A lot of healing options  Rapid Recovery / Consecrated Ground / Restore / Unbending / Holy Radiance

Penetration Strike for heavy armored guys 
Good Fire AOE spells + free Avatar spell
+10 ACC + ~70% Graze -> Hit conversion

UPD: I switch race to Nature godlike, because found that most of the time I have more than 50% of HP

Edited by mant2si, 14 August 2018 - 02:02 PM.

• knownastherat and Harpagornis like this

Raven Darkholme

Raven Darkholme

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1994 posts

Do it on stream.

All this talk how wizard is powerful and I get to see monks, paladins and rogues.  

As it happens to be, while wizards are powerful contrary to Baldur's Gate I do not like them in Deadfire, but at least you partially got your wish, while not naked, still playing wiz. :p

knownastherat

knownastherat

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 793 posts

@Raven Darkholme: not to derail this thread too much with semantics, but I consider auto-attacking and sustain capable of overcoming any encounter, except a trap ;), more powerful than empowered meteor capable of doing the same. 

On topic, there are a couple of things I do not understand about the challenge. 

- Why is the goal to kill bosses and not other encounters? This way builds will focus on boss killing and will avoid non-boss encounters leaving much of the game unchallenged.

- How is Smoke Veil different from Withdraw, rule #9? In fact, I consider Withdraw more powerful than invisibility because for most practical purposes it functions more or less same while Withdraw reliably ends combat and can act as a panic button. 

- Legendary Captain rank?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: solo, naked, potd, tcs, challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users