Some of you might remember me from the good old Level-1-Noober-Challenge or the Naked-Challenge in PoE 1 so a warm "hello again" to all stumbling into this post!

First i must admit that i love PoE 2 after starting it two weeks ago but - on the same hand - it starts to bore me again and again so i did not completed a single run even though i have created dozens of characters now - mostly using TCS settings.

I started the game completly blind using Monks and Druids as i played them the most in PoE 1. The problem was: They lacked the easy escape buttons and died many times due to ambushes or bad luck (yeah, lack of metagame knowledge here!). I then started switching to priest and rogue multiclass. Hellwalker/Priest of Skaen was fun, my current Shifter/Trickster even more. Concepts of a Paladin/Trickster also sound very promising. However. My question to the community is: What do you think is the most capable class to beat PoE 2 (plus DLC) using the following rules:

1. Complete the game without wearing any armor, boots, gloves, helmets, or accessories in combat.
2. Path of the Damned or Triple Crown Solo.

3. No Berath Blessings.

4. No retraining.

5. Upscaling for all enemies.

6. Collect all bounties.

7. Finish the main game plus the DLC´s.

8. Chanters are banned.

9. No AI scripts.

10. Difficulty increasing Mods like Deadly Deadfire are optional but highly welcome - your choice!

There are only a couple of execptions to play through the game:

1. You may use things like Camping Supply, Lock Pick, Hook, Prybar, Hammer and Chisel, Rope and Grapling Hook.
2. You may use plot/quest items for their plot/quest purposes.
3. You may use gold for quests, resting or visiting brothels.

4. You may use gold to build up your ship.

As i personally play only using Triple Crown settings i have died many times running into unknown territory AND lacking the easy escape options (Withdraw, Smoke Veil, Shadowing Beyond...). Splittpulling still works but seems to be much harder than in PoE 1 as enemies tend to follow forever if you cant outrun them. Is there a way around? Another major concern is the fight against the Guardian of Ukaizo. Will any naked character stand a chance here? I know that the battle can be skipped using invisibility but somehow that feels lame. Is there a way to "talk him down"? However: Before tiping too much nonsense i am eager to read about your ideas. Thanks! :yes:

P.S. Maybe @Reent will wake up again playing another Chanter? :biggrin:

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 3

As i personally play only using Triple Crown settings i have died many times running into unknown territory AND lacking the easy escape options (Withdraw, Smoke Veil, Shadowing Beyond...). Splittpulling still works but seems to be much harder than in PoE 1 as enemies tend to follow forever if you cant outrun them. Is there a way around? Another major concern is the fight against the Guardian of Ukaizo. Will any naked character stand a chance here? I know that the battle can be skipped using invisibility but somehow that feels lame. Is there a way to "talk him down"? However: Before tiping too much nonsense i am eager to read about your ideas. Thanks! :yes:

P.S. Maybe @Reent will wake up again playing another Chanter? :biggrin:

I completed the game recently on PotD (Solo + Triple Crown + Beraths Challenge + Magrans Challenge) with Patch 2.0 and there was no Guardian on Ukaizo!

At Ukaizo harbor there were only 2 of these statue like Engwithan titan enemies. I don't know if this was a bug or if it has something to do with the choosen difficulty options.

Boarding fights are a real terror in this challenge... lost another level 11 Shifter/Trickster cause the guns missed all day long while the enemy just rushed into our ship. Everyone jumped on me draining the HP in seconds rom 100 to 0. I hate this... :biggrin:

P.S. The missing Guardian must be a bug...

Edited by Harpagornis

Okay i am done with this Triple Crown crap for now dying to bad luck, bugs(!) or losing save games due to crashes. This is no fun anymore...

Will restart soon with something new. What about a Priest of Berath? :biggrin:

Sounds cool @Dorftek - i am curious what your choice will be!

To tone down Chanters a bit i added the following rule:

"Chanters are not allowed to use invisibility (Smoke Veil etc.)

Too harsh or good enough for balancing them?

Edited by Harpagornis

What about weapon ? without weapon your choices limited ... well to much :D Without weapon - Ghost Heart/Priest of Magran 

For Race - Amua with immune to might affliction (dexterity affliction can negated with evasive roll, constitution you can simple ignore, and might will garant immunity to stun), everything else captain banquet

MAX INT/DEX/PERC

Summon Bear will be good tank 
Withdraw + Evasive roll - garant that you will survive any situation
Pistol form DW summon weapon will give you stupid amount of recover speed and legendary weapon to destroy bosses from long range
Death Door + Salvation of Time will give you some utility to survive group fights, still not sure if it possible to restart boat fight, but even then 40s of invulnerability make this combination very strong 
Storm Of Holy Fire/Thorny Roots - Good combination to eliminate group of enemies

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Yeah, i was also thinking about Ghost Heart/Priest of Magran. In theory this sounds pretty powerful. Anyone willing to try this out here? ;)

I don't like this kind of challenges, but I  naked killed  Ukaizo with this setup, so the biggest problem is group fights. At the end +30 ACC just eliminate bosses on PotD

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Second alternative is Streetfighter/Devoted - this guy get +2pen  and to 50% recovery speed with infinity health, with bloodier state this guy immune to all afflictions without food, with unbending it can clear any fight with big group of monsters 

Human | Max Perception, Intellect, Strength

Edited by mant2si

Hmmmm.... without armor and the lacking deflection we will eat tons of damage (+30% from penetration and +50% from crits). Wont this be a problem for the

Streetfighter/Devoted at least in group fights?

Nope in sumarry you will have ~120 deflection and unbendind will out heal everything else

I made mistake in attributes: 6con,6res,6perc

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

As i already played a Ghost Heart/Shifter (losing him to an ambush in the DLC) i might give the Ghost Heart/Priest of Magran a try. Cool range weapon plus safety button should make this a "smoot run". :biggrin: 

Max Perception, Intellect and Strength sounds like a plan. Anything else than Moon Godlike here? I still dont like Humans... ;)

Beguiler/Wael (Priest) might work but at high levels you want to summon you minor avatar to use the cipher spells on but hitting high levels might be okish if you avoid fighting early and sink ships with cannons. you definitely need to "steel" and sell as much as possible early game to get a dhow at least. 

If the armor (e.g. dancer outfit) is only for aethetical porpuse (no AR or any other bonus) then its okay for me! ;)

Drugs are not allowed as well as any other consumables except for the one you can use when resting. I am a really bad guy no? :devil:

Okay i rolled a Moon Godlike Ghost Heart/Priest of Magran - say hello to Mizhena:

STR: 18

CON: 3

DEX: 16

PER: 18

INT: 20

RES: 3

Pretty much as much min/max as you can go. Thanks to the pet and her healing options (plus Hyleas resting bonus) this should be enough. Even more as this one will be "only" a pure PotD run. TC will have to wait until i get more confident with the build (and have collected more metagame knowledge). :biggrin:

Anyway: Good luck to Dorftek whatever your final choice will be! ;)

Edited by Harpagornis

Creating a singleclass wizard, i will use TCS wich i will probably regret.

Dancer Diana:

Nature Godlike 

Mig: 18

con: 8

Dex: 16

Per: 17

Int: 16

Res: 3

Problem will be i cant heal... at all :p

(except for certain leeches tho ofc)

I can use a grimoire, right? O_o

Edited by Dorftek

If the armor (e.g. dancer outfit) is only for aethetical porpuse (no AR or any other bonus) then its okay for me! ;)

Drugs are not allowed as well as any other consumables except for the one you can use when resting. I am a really bad guy no? :devil:

Okay i rolled a Moon Godlike Ghost Heart/Priest of Magran - say hello to Mizhena:

STR: 18

CON: 3

DEX: 16

PER: 18

INT: 20

RES: 3

Pretty much as much min/max as you can go. Thanks to the pet and her healing options (plus Hyleas resting bonus) this should be enough. Even more as this one will be "only" a pure PotD run. TC will have to wait until i get more confident with the build (and have collected more metagame knowledge). :biggrin:

Anyway: Good luck to Dorftek whatever your final choice will be! ;)

I don't think that you can have both resolve and constitution so low

And Moon Godlike is not very good race, dwarf with +15 acc vs wilders or death godlike or human will be better

You dont need such high migth, and you can reduce perception by 2