Harpagornis, nice to see you again!

If you haven't started yet i suggest monk/wizard. Is a very strong and versatile setup, that comes with a lot of sinergies and if everything is going bad, just citzal lance + swift strikes + heartbeat drumming will save the day

• Like 1

Moon Godlike is a built in constitution bonus and has done me well in the past. I agree that it should be higher - at least for TCS. Reent had finished his naked run in PoE 1 with PER 3 which also looked crazy but - okay - he was "only" a chanter. However: If the build is not working i can reroll it anytime soon. :biggrin:

The starting region however was easy like never. Fan of Flames + Pet + Mark + punching with 18-25 damage fists on flanked enemies was easy going. With the pistol (and some more spell options) things should get even easier - no? We will see!

Ah, hello Dr <3! Also still around here? Nice! Maybe you wanna try Monk/Wizard yourself? *cough*

P.S. Grimoires are NOT allowed. This is a naked challenge. The only exceptions can be found in the OP. :devil:

Edited by Harpagornis

Same here... CON 3 is indeed a bit over the top. Got one-shoted several times now. No, no... no! :biggrin:

Maybe this Ghost Heart/Priest of Magran will work better:

STR: 14

CON: 10

DEX: 15

PER: 16

INT: 20

RES: 3

I tried out Death Godlike but was missing my passive heals right from the start. Better to howl at the moon again... :w00t:

BtW: I thought Boreal Dwarves only get the chance to graze against Wilders or Primordials? Wasnt the +15 ACC from PoE 1? :blink:

Edited by Harpagornis

Same here... CON 3 is indeed a bit over the top. Got one-shoted several times now. No, no... no! :biggrin:

Maybe this Ghost Heart/Priest of Magran will work better:

STR: 14

DEX: 15

INT: 20

I tried out Death Godlike but was missing my passive heals right from the start. Better to howl at the moon again... :w00t:

BtW: I thought Boreal Dwarves only get the chance to graze against Wilders or Primordials? Wasnt the +15 ACC from PoE 1? :blink:

You don't need 14 STR, 20 INT, but you need resistance to might affliction (if you don't want random death from stunlock), only Amua race has resistance to might

STR:  8

CON: 14

DEX: 20

PER: 9

INT  : 19

RES: 8

Then you need next bonuses: 

Alchemic Brawn: +2 CON, +2 MIG

Nature's Resolve: +10 Accuracy, +2 RES

Cabin boy: +1 DEX, +1 PER, -20% hostile effect duration

Captain's Banquet: +20% Damage with Spells, +20% Action Speed, Immunity to Intellect/Perception/Resolve afflictions

Dawnstar's blessing: +50% Healing done, +2 Religion

This bonuses will make your stats look like

10//16/21/10/19/10

+10 ACC

+20% Damage with spells

+20% Action Speed

Immunity to Intellect/Perception/Resolve and resistance to might affliction

-20% Hostile Effects Duration

+50% Healing

If you has AIM to win all ship combat, then you need some way to stop initial combat and change aggro from you to your summon, without this enemies will destroy you no matter how you strong. I assume only naked fighter can survive first attack

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I kid you not wizard could actually do it TCS.

With reloads I think many pally combos will work, too.

As far as I remember Harpa doesn't like wizards. :p

Edited by Raven Darkholme

Yeah, i still do not like Wizards that much. But Chanters are even worse - at least for me. :biggrin:

You do not have to win all boarding fights - sinking them with your cannons is all it needs.

With reloads several class combos should be able to do this but the dream would be to do a full naked TCS run once all DLC´s  are out. Still a long way to go. And more than enough options to get all the metagame knowledge that will be needed even though my playing time is heavily restricted. We will see! ;)

• Like 1

I will try to record video with - Devoted/Priest of Skaen | Nature godlike (+1PL + 1PL from Acute will give +1PEN to unarmed fight)

16 INT / 18 DEX / 9 CON / 9 MIG / 10 RES / 16 PER

2 x DW weapon sets - Fists (14 PEN, 3S Recovery) | Club (13 PEN, +5 ACC, -25 WILL, ~28% Lash) & Stiletto (13 PEN, 28% Lash) 
Acute/Aware/Resolute Inspirations, with Captain Banquet all those inspirations will be never dispelled by enemies spell 
Plenty of red button / fight reset options Withdraw | Invise | Escape | Unbreakable
Resistance for  Dexterity (Paralyze) / Might (Stun) + immunies from Captain Banquet
Constantly 110 - 120 defenses
A lot of healing options  Rapid Recovery / Consecrated Ground / Restore / Unbending / Holy Radiance

Penetration Strike for heavy armored guys 
Good Fire AOE spells + free Avatar spell
+10 ACC + ~70% Graze -> Hit conversion

UPD: I switch race to Nature godlike, because found that most of the time I have more than 50% of HP

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 2

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I kid you not wizard could actually do it TCS.

With reloads I think many pally combos will work, too.

As far as I remember Harpa doesn't like wizards. :p

Do it on stream.

All this talk how wizard is powerful and I get to see monks, paladins and rogues.  

As it happens to be, while wizards are powerful contrary to Baldur's Gate I do not like them in Deadfire, but at least you partially got your wish, while not naked, still playing wiz. :p

@Raven Darkholme: not to derail this thread too much with semantics, but I consider auto-attacking and sustain capable of overcoming any encounter, except a trap ;), more powerful than empowered meteor capable of doing the same. 

On topic, there are a couple of things I do not understand about the challenge. 

- Why is the goal to kill bosses and not other encounters? This way builds will focus on boss killing and will avoid non-boss encounters leaving much of the game unchallenged.

- How is Smoke Veil different from Withdraw, rule #9? In fact, I consider Withdraw more powerful than invisibility because for most practical purposes it functions more or less same while Withdraw reliably ends combat and can act as a panic button. 

- Legendary Captain rank?

Oh, you are completly free to kill everything out there naked - if you can. Withdraw is another invisibility (it isnt?) so no go for Chanters. If you dont like Legendary Captain: Skip it. This challenge should be fun and if you dont like the rules: Play the game in your own style. I like to play with handicaps - others hate this. Your choice!

This is funny @mant2si cause i started a Devoted/ Priest of Wael yesterday - looked really powerful. Tanking bigger boars in the beginning? No problem! With the high level spells and abilities this could be an unstoppable train of destruction. Skaen should be much better for the offense but Arcane Veil on the other hand helped me a lot in the early game. Hope i will get some time to play on in the next days. Eager to see your videos! ;)

Edited by Harpagornis

Oh, you are completly free to kill everything out there naked - if you can. Withdraw is another invisibility (it isnt?) so no go for Chanters. If you dont like Legendary Captain: Skip it. This challenge should be fun and if you dont like the rules: Play the game in your own style. I like to play with handicaps - others hate this. Your choice!

This is funny @mant2si cause i started a Devoted/ Priest of Wael yesterday - looked really powerful. Tanking bigger boars in the beginning? No problem! With the high level spells and abilities this could be an unstoppable train of destruction. Skaen should be much better for the offense but Arcane Veil on the other hand helped me a lot in the early game. Hope i will get some time to play on in the next days. Eager to see your videos! ;)

Withdraw can end fights with infinity damage effects (pal/rogues).

I didnt understand if with your challenge we need to clear maje ?

If yes, then I need Wael or Wizard :( if no, then I can stay with Skaen, I really like additional invise spell and Escape, Escape with Salvation of Time will give you +50 deflection against all attack ;)

The second qestion is enemies with high crush & fire armor like golems ?

Edited by mant2si

If you have chosen "PotD only" then i would try as many fights as possible just to see whats possible and what not. For me this run is not only about completing it but also about the limitations of class-combos and how far they can get pushed. In PoE and even more in BG i learned much about the game when forcing me to use my limited options to maximum effect. In PoE 2 however i am still feeling like a noob cause of the greater flexibility and changed mechanics.

At the moment i think that Devoted/Skaen or Wael are very cool options so feel free to show us their potential @mant2si. I switched in the meanwhile to Devoted/Trickster - and it works also quite well. At least in the beginning. :biggrin:

I still like to stick with Moon Godlike even though it seems (nearly) no one but me is loving them anymore.

STR: 10

INT: 19

Dumping RES might hurt but as this is not a TCS run i should be fine with it. Hopefully.

Not sure if i should switch DEX with STR but punching fast as a lightning just feels too good.

Edited by Harpagornis

If you have chosen "PotD only" then i would try as many fights as possible just to see whats possible and what not. For me this run is not only about completing it but also about the limitations of class-combos and how far they can get pushed. In PoE and even more in BG i learned much about the game when forcing me to use my limited options to maximum effect. In PoE 2 however i am still feeling like a noob cause of the greater flexibility and changed mechanics.

At the moment i think that Devoted/Skaen or Wael are very cool options so feel free to show us their potential @mant2si. I switched in the meanwhile to Devoted/Trickster - and it works also quite well. At least in the beginning. :biggrin:

I still like to stick with Moon Godlike even though it seems (nearly) no one but me is loving them anymore.

STR: 10

INT: 19

Dumping RES might hurt but as this is not a TCS run i should be fine with it. Hopefully.

Not sure if i should switch DEX with STR but punching fast as a lightning just feels too good.

I get your point ;)

Obsidian overtune Port Maje really hard.

Because of that this part is very boring and the basic tactic split -> kill feel very weird ;)

Like 20 - 30 min video how you pull/pish enemies stacks

• Like 1

Oh, i have no problem playing the split & kill game over and over again. Thats the reason why Mizhena reached level 6 before leaving the starting island only skipping the young drake and friends. Even enemies with three skulls had no chance 1vs1 so the conclusion at least for the early game is: Devoted/Trickster is really strong! She also managed to kill a Ghost at Amiras Whisper pushing her to level 7 thanks to 612 XP! Lets hope i will get some time to play tomorrow...

P.S. Does Confident Aim and Discipline Barrage stack with regard to Graze into Hit?

Edited by Harpagornis

P.S. Does Confident Aim and Discipline Barrage stack with regard to Graze into Hit?

It should stack, but I find it hard to test.

But keep in mind that 25%+15% doesn't equal 40% in that case.

Something is going wrong here...

After having a really easy early-game with the Devoted/Trickster things are going out of hand after he reached level 13 picking up Unbending.

Can it really be that this skill gets stack over stack making the char (nearly) unkillable as long as you take care of magic dampener or heavy healing reduction?

Most of the time i can just run into the middle of the pack with unbending + disciplined strikes spamming crippling strike and death blow or just watch how the enemies get punched down with one crit after another while my character always stays at full health? Even if i run out of resources or healing reduction ticks in: Jump and Smoke Veil always keeps me save. Reset and strike again.

Maybe i should switch my rules to Single-Class only. Or wait until Obsidian has released all of their own bonus challenges. :biggrin:

Edited by Harpagornis

Something is going wrong here...

After having a really easy early-game with the Devoted/Trickster things are going out of hand after he reached level 13 picking up Unbending.

Can it really be that this skill gets stack over stack making the char (nearly) unkillable as long as you take care of magic dampener or heavy healing reduction?

Most of the time i can just run into the middle of the pack with unbending + disciplined strikes spamming crippling strike and death blow or just watch how the enemies get punched down with one crit after another while my character always stays at full health? Even if i run out of resources or healing reduction ticks in: Jump and Smoke Veil always keeps me save. Reset and strike again.

Maybe i should switch my rules to Single-Class only. Or wait until Obsidian has released all of their own bonus challenges. :biggrin:

Yes unbending doesn't work as the tooltip would make u believe, it does indeed add stack over stack or how to put it. The only things that can stop a character with Unbending is Arcane dampened and constitution afflictions. Also certain bosses that don't come with many weak adds to proc more unbending.

BTW I only finished port maje on my naked guy, I'm little burned out on the game right now and mostly playing Fallout for a while :)

Also the thought of all that ship combat discouraged me, I really really don't like the shipcombat due to its heavy RNG system.

Edited by Dorftek