Who are Eothas' "Children" and other unrevealed Godlike?

i.e. his godlike? Would they be called Dawn Godlike or something else entirely? Has anyone picked up on any bits of lore on this front? We know through Vatnir that every god has potential children, including Ryrmrgand. So let us see:

Accounted And Unaccounted For:

Berath: Death Godlike

Magran: Fire Godlike

Ondra: Marine, Moon Godlike

Galawain: Nature Godlike 

Hylea: Avian Godlike

Rymrgand: Endings Godlike

Eothas: Unknown

Skaen: Unknown (killed at birth?)

Woedica: Unknown

Wael: Unknown

Abydon: Uknown

I hope in due time, Obsidian reveals the others just for the sake of completeness. Any thoughts and additional info would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Skaen godlikes are indeed stated to be killed at birth or suffer a miserable existence for what remains of their short lives.

Eothasian godlikes would probably be afflicted with a glowing physiology (think this trope), with something like ethereal, glowing, wisp-like hair. I think descriptions of St. Waidwen could be used to create one. Unless, like with Ondra, the godlikes are based on aspects of Eothas. Reaper godlike, anyone?

Woedica? Perhaps old and emaciated, like the Strangler, her aspect. Of course, the problem with her, as with Wael and Abydon, is that they are based not on elements of nature, but certain ideals and philosophies. It's easy to imagine godlikes of gods associated with elements, but here? How do you make an Industrial godlike or a Mysterious one?

• Like 1

Skaen godlikes are indeed stated to be killed at birth or suffer a miserable existence for what remains of their short lives.

Eothasian godlikes would probably be afflicted with a glowing physiology (think this trope), with something like ethereal, glowing, wisp-like hair. I think descriptions of St. Waidwen could be used to create one. Unless, like with Ondra, the godlikes are based on aspects of Eothas. Reaper godlike, anyone?

Woedica? Perhaps old and emaciated, like the Strangler, her aspect. Of course, the problem with her, as with Wael and Abydon, is that they are based not on elements of nature, but certain ideals and philosophies. It's easy to imagine godlikes of gods associated with elements, but here? How do you make an Industrial godlike or a Mysterious one?

Abydon's could have earthen features. It would make sense. Maybe in game they would get a basic deflection bonus or something like that.

Eothas godlike: normal kith

Why?
Serious question?

Because he believes in them and loves them just the way they are. Because he isn’t a fan of how the gods use kith. Not saying that he doesn’t have godlike; the game makes it clear that he does (or at least intentionally makes us believe that he does). However I’m willing to bet they would be indistinguishable from normal kith.

• Like 6

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Wael godlike would probably have multiple eyes, and might have a seemingly shifting/hazy appearance in accordance with the mystery aspect.

Woedica godlikes could be scarred like her, perhaps seemingly blinded as "justice is blind" and all that. Could also have notably strange hands, in accordance with her position as the strangler.

I agree with Tagaziel's ideas for Abydon godlikes, and I imagine they'd be somewhat reminiscent of the Eyeless in appearance.

Same with his views on Eothas Godlikes, though they'd have to clearly distinguish Gaun godlikes from Death godlikes. Perhaps Gaun godlikes could have a shadowed look to their appearance, similar yet opposite to an Eothas godlike's glow?

Are we actually certain Nature godlikes are Galawain's? It's hard to imagine them belonging to another god, but I don't think it was ever confirmed in-game. I also have some suspicions on Moon godlikes, as Ondra never even mentions the Watcher being one while doting over Tekehu all the time.

• Like 1

I always liked the idea that one type of Wael godlike has a gradual but constant shift in facial features. Making it impossible for them to have one physical identity. Maybe they have a quilt of physical characteristics too - e.g. Aumaua teeth, one orlan eye, a jawline that shifts as it goes across the face. They'd still be very identifiable though, in that case.

I really like the Eothas idea where he just lets his godlikes be normal people. I could also see him doing something really subtle and thus easy to write off /not notice. That said, he falls into some of the same failings as the other gods and I suspect that his distaste for how they treat kith is something that grew over time (and something he grew to feel guilty about), so I could see him making them more obvious.

So, I took a look in the collector's book:

There are only two constants for godlike.

First, the shape of their heads is distinctly and

obviously unlike any other kith. It’s virtually

impossible for them to conceal their nature

without drawing an enormous amount of

attention.

Second, godlike limbs are always covered in

some sort of growth (scales, feathers, talons,

etc.) or energy that is also obviously not

like other kith. It doesn’t prevent them from

wearing clothing of any sort, but if their limbs

are exposed, their nature is obvious to anyone

who sees it.

• Features : Facial structure tends to be as the

mother’s and father’s (e.g., a mountain dwarf

godlike will tend to have a wide jaw and more

square face shape, even if the skin coloration is

completely different).

• Skin: Skin tones sometimes come from the mother

and father, but often are completely unnatural or

blend into some sort of unnatural growth (e.g.,

moss, feathers, etc.). In many cases, godlike skin

is completely unnatural, looking like it is made of

water, fire, gold, or some other seemingly impossible

material.

Substances like fire or water have a realistic appearance, but do

not burn or transfer moisture. Like many aspects of godlike

physiology, their seemingly supernatural attributes

defy commonly understood physical truths.

• Hair: Hair is often not hair but horn, fire, plant

growths, feathers, or other oddities. Sometimes

they do have hair but it is of an strange tone or

texture and blends in with other growths.

• Eyes: Godlike eyes are always unusual in some

way, from an unnatural coloration to odd iris

shapes (e.g., goat or bird iris shapes) to no visible

iris or pupil.

As for assigning godlikes to gods, this isn't outright stated, but implied through Pallegina and her interactions with Hylea, the death godlikes and their relation to Berath worshippers at the Sacred Stair and, I believe, in one of the pre-release journals. Moon godlikes are associated with Ondra due to her relation to the moons, while Nature is tied to Galawain as that's pretty much the only god whose gifts are related to it (and takes on the appearance of an overgrown redneck from backwoods Readceras).

Edited by Tagaziel
  • Like 1

I seem to recall Eothas godlikes were supposed to have glowing heads. There is some concept art with them. But I don't remember how they are called.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I seem to recall Eothas godlikes were supposed to have glowing heads. There is some concept art with them. But I don't remember how they are called.

Waidwen had a glowing head, but I don’t think he’s been identified as a godlike
  • Like 2

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Waidwen was a possessed human, which is distinct from a godlike.

Indeed

Are they that obvious? Cattle have horns and yet calves are born with no problems. :)

Pallegina mentions in Pillars II that the transformation is gradual, at least for her. Until she hit puberty, the signs were relatively mild.

• Like 2

Maybe Wael godlikes could have normal features but people wouldn't be able to recall how they look like. Or recognize them.

That's one possibility, but I prefer the guess I posted in a different thread:

Wael godlikes probably just look like normal people.  Normal people who go through their lives unable to wear hats for reasons that they can never understand.
  • Like 4

Waidwen had a glowing head, but I don’t think he’s been identified as a godlike

True.

I remembered this concept by Obsidian (which was i think posted in other threads as well)

pe-godlike-head-concepts.jpg

The first one looks like sun/Eothas godlike, but this was an early concept in 2013. We certainly kinda got water, so who knows...

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 4
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Are they that obvious? Cattle have horns and yet calves are born with no problems. :)

Pallegina mentions in Pillars II that the transformation is gradual, at least for her. Until she hit puberty, the signs were relatively mild.

Oh alright. I guess I was over thinking it since they said Pallegina made her mother sterile or something along those lines to the point she couldn't have anymore children. Lol. My vision was horrible.

• Like 1

Wael godlike could be hermaphrodites with a third eye. Natural polyglots perhaps.

The third eye could represent hidden knowledge and the hermaphrodite aspect could represent Wael's shifting form.

Perhaps they could shift between ages or take one gender other another.

• Like 1