Status effects cut in half

DragonBone

Question

Hi All,

New to the forum- never posted before. Not sure if this is appropriate place for questions but I've search for a while and could not find anything. 

I'm in act 3 of POE I and both my main character fighter level 16 and Eder lvl 16 are having any status effects cut in half or significantly  reduced?  Initially I thought it was gear  but then I tested with my Rogue and mage shooting them or casting the snow fireball with out any gear and I also noticed in another battle-   nothing lasts its appropriate amount of time-  if it is a crit for a status like ( sickened, weakened, stunned, paralyze, blind, hobble) the duration is cut in half or  if it is a hit, it is either cut in half or reduced by 3 seconds from 4.5 to 1.5- if it is graze there are no effects at all.   

My whole party had the the plague of insects and in the combat screen it showed all hits and all of  them showed sickened for 20 or 30 seconds except Eder and PC-- I also tested this used the mind grubs -  my entire party gets sickened for 200 secs or whatever the normal time is but my PC is only sickened for 1.5 seconds and Eder is only Sickened for 10 seconds.

So my question is - is this normal for high level fighters or due to some attribute or combination of attributes and skills,  neither of them have Triggered Immunity they do have high might, Con, dex and survival and athletics and the only gear is the Orlan's bramble ring and the Wayfarer hide armor - both says it only adds to defense not reducing duration and it only affects Hobbled, Stun, Paralyze not sickened or weakened or blinded..

I'm pretty close to the end but I thoroughly enjoy the combat , I'm doing POTD with high leveling scaling and things are pretty easy regardless of this but this is kinda ruining immersion as I think it may be an error.  If not that would be great to know, if it is an error are there any known fixes-   

4 answers to this question

Have you checked the combat log to make sure you aren't getting Grazes? A graze attack halves the damage of the attack and any effect durations. Status effects are often rolled for separately so you can hit or even crit with the main attack but then graze on the status effect.

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

Yes - thank you for the reply - I see the graze in combat bar and it shows status down to half from original but then in parentheses next to it shows it cut in half again for PC and Edér or sometimes for grazes it does not show any time effect at all depending on type of status inflicted -

So if original is 9.0 seconds a graze will cut it down to 4.5 and in parentheses next to entry it will show 1.5 or1.6 for PC and most of the time Edér has something like this also

thanks- No worries-  POE is so freaking awesome - that if the only bug I incur is being super powered for a while.. I can live with that.   :yes:  I guess that is why I kinda of played in the first place....lol --  I thought it might be one of the benefits of the gods or burial isle as I went there early and had what looked like little souls attach to me but that doesn't appear to be the case either.  I did notice it says "immunity to stuck" three times on PC character sheet and something about Dry Rot-  but I can't see anything in gear or abilities that does this- but regardless, I'm good..