Build Name: Adra Infused Duelist

Edit: 09/09/2018  Updated Party members after full Play-Thru, made minor change to Equipment. Removed level 20 stats as its redundant and unnecessary. 

Born in the Deadfire, this Inquisitor follows a simple rule, do good upon others and you will be rewarded tenfold.  She is fast and deadly and can strip enemy defenses down to allow allies to pummel away at those who dare stand against the Watcher of Caed Nua.  Unlike many inquisitors, she cares about finding the truth, but will get it out of compassion and benevolence and not cruelty or violence, like many other inquisitors out there, that only care about getting the "truth" and not the means used to get it (I am looking at you Rhadam Asunawa, Wheel of Times Inquisitor for the Children of the Light).  And in reality she has a frail constitution, but a very strong spirit that guides her through the worst of situations.

Class: Inquisitor (Paladin & Cypher)

Subclass: Kind Wayfarer & Soulblade

Difficulty: PoTD

Game Version: 2.0

Play Style: For Party Setup

Party Set-up

Main-Tank: Eder (Swashbuckler - Fighter/Rogue) [Melee dual wield]

Healer: Tekehu (Theurge - Druid/Chanter) [Ranged with dual blunderbuss - Kitchen stove and Serafen starting weapon]

DPS-Support: Xoti (Contemplative - Monk/Priest) [melee unarmed with Tuotilo for fast dps and recovery]

DPS-Control: Serafen (Witch - Barbarian/Cypher) [dual wield with scimitar combos]

Race: Wood Elf

Starting Attributes: (Not Including Berath's Blessing or bonuses after Hasongo, Gift of the Machine and Effigy) 

Might: 13

Constitution: 8

Dexterity: 16

Perseption: 13

Intelligence: 13

Resolve: 12

Culture: Deadfire

Backgroud: Raider or Hunter

Active Skills: 5 Athletics rest into Alchemy

Passive Skills: N/A Went into Metaphysics 9, rest spread for conversation options.  After Nemnok fight you get a beautiful staff which scales of Metaphysics, which you can then respect out of two weapon style into two handed style combat with the staff and it gives a decent 2.7s recovery with nice damage output and long range.

Active and Passive Abilities

Level 1: Tenuous Grasp & Sworn Enemy

Level 2: Deep Faith

Level 3: Retribution

Level 4: Draining Whip & Zealous Aura

Level 5: Two Weapon Style (Can change into Two Handed style after Nemnok fight)

Level 6: Inspiring Triumph

Level 7: Hammering Thoughts & Eternal Devotion

Level 8: Recall Agony

Level 9: Sworn Rival

Level 10: Lingering Echoes & Exalted Focus

Level 11: Scion of Flame

Level 12: Divine Purpose

Level 13: Borrowed Instinct & Tough

Level 14: Greater Focus

Level 15: Uncanny Luck

Level 16: The Empty Soul & Improved Critical

Level 17: Virtuous Triumph

Level 18: Clear Head

Level 19: Echoing Horror & Stoic Steel

Level 20: Bear's Fortitude

Equipment:

1Main Weapon: Modwyr (Can't be modified) Immunity to Intellect Afflictions, Action Speed Bonus, plus Fire or Ice Damage dependable on current health.

1Offhand: Sun and Moon (Solar Excellence & Golden Sun (Eothas))

(1Main Weapon: Later game Use Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff for higher damage output with Soul Annihilations)

2Main Weapon: The Red Hand (Being used as combat starter to destroy objects or a fast kill, mostly because of the double hits)

Head: Mask of the Grotto Deep (Acquired by destroying the machine protecting underwater adra place.  Do not side with Gallawain) or Heaven's Cacophony (being used for the +2 Intellect)

Chest: Devil of Caroc Breastplate (Heart of Bronze & Self Mending)

Neck: Precognition or Baubles of the Fin (+1 Int +1 Con)

Hands: Woedica's Strangling Grasp (early on use Ogre Might gloves) +2 Might

Back: Cloak of Greater Deflection or Cloak of the Theocrat (+1Int +1 Res)

Belt: Maker's Own Power (+1 Might)

Boots: Boots of Stone (+1 Dex +1 Res)

Ring1: Ring of Focused Flames (better FoD)

Ring2: Chameleon's Touch

Pet: Nalvi (you can get it right after Pt. Maje by going to the Island where Nemnok is)

Weapon Variants

You can use Rannig's Wrath (acquired by stealing the vault of the Bardattos') with Kapana Taga (acquired by defeating ship east south east of Pt Maje) it can increase your engagements to 3 and also give you solid accuracy when having multiple enemies engaged.  This is very deadly if you make them move with frightened as they will break engagement and you get instant free attack.  Also this club has slash and crush damage.

Setup:

This is a very fast combat Watcher.  Where s/he will attack fast and have significantly fast recovery times; because of that we can get away with using a Sword of the main hand (which gives best of piercing or slashing) and we cover crush with the flail.  We could change the flail for Kapana Taga which is crush and slash as well and its also equally fast as its a club (includes +5 Accuracy as well).

You want to start the fight with Sword Rival (enemy) and follow up with a Borrowed Instinct, after that use Recall Agony on high HP enemies and use Flames of Devotion to heal up your allies that may be taking too many hits and yourself, while generating a lot of focus. This will push you into a Soul Strike Annihilation.  Depending on your enemy you will throw Tenuous Grasp (if there are multiples) as to increase splash damage; since Paladin is a single target kinda gal(guy).

With the current setup, you will have almost immunity to Intellect, Dexterity and Constitution Afflictions. Your attacks will do high damage, and also you will be able to 2 hits most enemies while on tougher enemies you will be able to stand toe to toe with them.

Conclusion:

I used this build all the way to the end of the game, and I loved how fast she moved and reacted to everything, being able to heal myself as well as party members, while also doing massive damage was extremely satisfying.  Like I said in the beginning, she is a little frail, but what she lacks on Hit Points, she has in healing.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, I even went into a few fights solo, Nemnok for example, and it was a blast.  I wanted to have Eden next to me since I build him using Swashbuckler build, for high survival and damage; but I was able to do it solo no problem.

Edited by dbarbarian14
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...