Skipping Ahead Quest (Stuck?)

I think my quest is stuck, I don't know what I need to do to progress it? I'm stuck on "Wait for the animancers to finish recalibrating their machinery". I'm over 65 hours in the game and have been doing every side quest and bounty I can find. Is there something special I have to do (or someone I need in my party) to progress this quest?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

It doesn't happen until after the Ashen Maw. 

Amazing, thank you. That's my next story quest and I'm holding off on it for now. Good to know I didn't do anything wrong.

Thank you!

• Like 1

I played this quest some time ago, so maybe it was patched to indicate when you need to return.

In any case I didn't have any update in my journal saying I should go there. I just showed up occasionally after major story progressions and one time ran into the attack on their building (had to enter the building).

As Parasol_Syndicate said I think it was after Ashen Maw.

Edited by Aridea
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Just wanted to also note that you'll get the message to continue the Skipping Ahead quest at a random point after Ashen Maw.  Might have to be on the World Map, might not need to be.  But you don't have to trigger anything else, and it shouldn't take too much time after the Maw is finished to trigger it. 

• Like 1

I played this quest some time ago, so maybe it was patched to indicate when you need to return.

In any case I didn't have any update in my journal saying I should go there. I just showed up occasionally after story progressions and one time ran into the attack on their building.

As Parasol_Syndicate said I think it was after Ashen Maw.

Hmmm. 

But if a spoiler here and since Kanes_Inferno is in the middle of it, I'll apply a small amount of spoiler space.

The attack on their building occurs after the second stage of the Skipping Ahead quest has been triggered.  Probably a bug of some sort for you then.  I seem to recall hearing some people having trouble with that.

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire

Hmmm. 

But if a spoiler here and since Kanes_Inferno is in the middle of it, I'll apply a small amount of spoiler space.

The attack on their building occurs after the second stage of the Skipping Ahead quest has been triggered.  Probably a bug of some sort for you then.  I seem to recall hearing some people having trouble with that.

Ohh I see. I don't remember, it was a while ago. Maybe I did get a messenger when I entered the district, but I don't think I got any notification in my journal. Probably a bug then, you are right.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do?