Obsidian, you should stop hearing the bunch of min-maxers that spam this forum

I stopped playing the DLCs in PoE1 because it became a chain of absurd combats where enemies cheated and spamed stupid abilities just to satisfy a handful of "its too easy" morons. And now it happened again. Combat in Poe2 was fluid and fun until I arrived to this stupid iceberg, and suddendly I have to be an expert in the rules of the game to not be erased by hordes of random enemies with the power of demigods.

Obsidian, please stop. The averge player wants a fun experience with some roleplaying, not a grade on your innecesary complex ruleset. Every second the combat log adds dozens of records for every action, Am I supposed to spent my sunday afternoon studing this **** to see what is going on? **** off.

Sincerely yours, a customer.

I stopped playing the DLCs in PoE1 because it became a chain of absurd combats where enemies cheated and spamed stupid abilities just to satisfy a handful of "its too easy" morons. And now it happened again. Combat in Poe2 was fluid and fun until I arrived to this stupid iceberg, and suddendly I have to be an expert in the rules of the game to not be erased by hordes of random enemies with the power of demigods.

Obsidian, please stop. The averge player wants a fun experience with some roleplaying, not a grade on your innecesary complex ruleset. Every second the combat log adds dozens of records for every action, Am I supposed to spent my sunday afternoon studing this **** to see what is going on? **** off.

Use a lower difficulty. Sincerely yours, a rational person.

Edited by M4xw0lf
  • Like 13

yeah sure, I will change the default difficulty at level 18, after almost finishing the vanilla game.

Oh wait... too late, I have already unistalled the game.

yeah sure, I will change the default difficulty at level 18, after almost finishing the vanilla game.

Oh wait... too late, I have already unistalled the game.

What a sensible way to handle things!

• Like 4

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Dude did you just accuse a non conscious entity of cheating when it uses the same rulebook as you?

The rulebook of PoE has being changing after every damn patch or DLC. This is obiously a rant, but I know what i'm saying.

I usually hate "git gud" responses but cmon. The game is easy enough that you absolutely don't have to min-max in any way shape or form to beat it on PoTD. You don't have to be an expert on the supposedly "ever changing rulebook (what exactly changed in the last patch that suddenly makes the game much harder? I don't see anything).

I'm certainly no expert at the game, and it was plain boring at higher levels. I use only story companions, so there was no min-maxing going on. Hell i didn't even use AI scripts.

I never even look at the combat log. Its not a complex game. The mechanics have been simplified enough since PoE1 that everything is intuive. Have a affliction, cast an inspiration. Blind ranged enemies. Heal if you're taking damage. That formula beats 99% of fights without needing to spend "hours poring over the combat log."

The lack of difficulty on PoTD seriously kills the replay value, and I hope they keep pushing it further up. Play on a lower difficulty if its too hard for you.

• Like 2

Don't worry guy, I'm sure they'll listen to you since you're being so polite and all. Have fun!

• Like 3

Dude did you just accuse a non conscious entity of cheating when it uses the same rulebook as you?

The rulebook of PoE has being changing after every damn patch or DLC. This is obiously a rant, but I know what i'm saying.

I think that is a valid complain. Changes to the balance are significant enough to heavily impact playthroughs in session. Game would benefit greatly from additonal time in the oven before release.

• Like 1

I usually hate "git gud" responses but cmon. The game is easy enough that you absolutely don't have to min-max in any way shape or form to beat it on PoTD. You don't have to be an expert on the supposedly "ever changing rulebook (what exactly changed in the last patch that suddenly makes the game much harder? I don't see anything).

I'm certainly no expert at the game, and it was plain boring at higher levels. I use only story companions, so there was no min-maxing going on. Hell i didn't even use AI scripts.

I never even look at the combat log. Its not a complex game. The mechanics have been simplified enough since PoE1 that everything is intuive. Have a affliction, cast an inspiration. Blind ranged enemies. Heal if you're taking damage. That formula beats 99% of fights without needing to spend "hours poring over the combat log."

The lack of difficulty on PoTD seriously kills the replay value, and I hope they keep pushing it further up. Play on a lower difficulty if its too hard for you.

Seriously, the game isn't difficult at all. As long as youre spamming your top abilities every fight and making sure you're not dumbly putting your squishy guys in danger, it's not hard. Spam some of your best buffs/debuffs/summons for the first couple of rounds of combat, then your best damage spells/abilities. Use healing as needed. Then mop up. Heck, take turns burning empowers from one guy every fight, unload them on boss fights, if you're finding it so hard.

In case It wasn't clear, I was talking about the dlcs and the random difficulty spikes. Even the gameplay is different, we go from a story driven rpg with less than average combat to a hell hole where every walking **** with a generic name is able to rip your head off. 

Obsidian is too afraid of making their own game, this kickstarter thing has made them slaves of hardcore fans instead of a big corporation. In theory its better, but in reality, Poe2 has fallen dramatically short compared to the first one. Too much ruleset tweaking and gameplay adjustements for a dull campaign with uninspired companions.

Edited by Vanant

PoE changed massively in the year after it launched, how on earth could you think this one has too much ruleset tweaking compared to that?

Plus every way in which PoE2 is weaker than 1 is due to their attempts to make the game appeal to a wider audience

• Like 4

Look at the goalposts moving from post to post, folks. YHBT.

It's like watching an ant being herded by sheets of paper, making 90' turns every two seconds until it's stuck in a corner.

This just in. Entire rulebook changed EVERY patch. Swords now do magic damage. Fireballs do blunt and slashing!

Cats and dogs living together, MASS HYSTERIA.

• Like 2

Yes! We have no bananas.

OP invested his precious time into trying to beat the game

The game ended up beating the OP

OP comes onto these forums to vent his frustrations at not being able to beat the game

This is probably how he deals with all obstacles that come his way in his life. He gets angry and blames others when really he should be looking at himself

Good games are easy to learn and harder to master. In my opinion, the best games have the highest possible skill ceiling for advanced players, but are still doable by beginners. CRPGs often accomplish this with a difficulty slider.

Use it.

I play a ton of RPGs, and PoE with difficulty ramped up itches a certain scratch. Gorecci street was one of the hardest encounters on PotD the first time i did it. I loved it for that...

Challenge makes games good, and a high skill ceiling makes them better. When games in their highest difficulty are too easy, they should give us options to fix that. Obsidian did just that! God challenges (magrans fire sounds nuts).

The OP sounds like he is projecting his own inadequacies on our community. He does not understand how to play the game, so he calls us morons.

Anyone else smell a troll?

• Like 2