POTD + level scaling all upwards. My party was level 13. Dragon had 3 red skulls indicating its much higher level than me. Result? Took me 30 seconds to kill him and he didnt even do a SINGLE hit on me because of interruptions. It went so easy that I decided to reload save to try solo it with my watcher streetfighter/devoted combo. Even tho streetfighter was disadvantage here because of that recovery pentalty I still soloed it without taking a single hit! Dragon tried to hit me once but he missed. Took around 45 sec this time.

WTF is this? A joke? How can I solo supposedly one of the strongest enemies in a game in highest difficulty setting without taking a single hit or use consumables while being underleveled and having class that put me in disadvantage rather than helping?

Edited by nemesis205bw

POTD + level scaling all upwards. My party was level 13. Dragon had 3 red skulls indicating its much higher level than me. Result? Took me 30 seconds to kill him and he didnt even do a SINGLE hit on me because of interruptions. It went so easy that I decided to reload save to try solo it with my watcher streetfighter/devoted combo. Even tho streetfighter was disadvantage here because of that recovery pentalty I still soloed it without taking a single hit! Dragon tried to hit me once but he missed. Took around 45 sec this time.

WTF is this? A joke? How can I solo supposedly one of the strongest enemies in a game in highest difficulty setting without taking a single hit or use consumables while being underleveled and having class that put me in disadvantage rather than helping?

I found only one explanation - Obsidian make game easier to make more people enjoy PotD and feel more satisfied (maybe to increase selling). They can make game much harder after Beta, but we got what we got, look on reviews they all positive

At the end they promise combat oriented DLC

Currently I offer to check https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/43. This is DD mod

reduced XP

+30% HP to enemies

all bosses should have +6 level over yours, in theory less crits, more misses 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

And streetfighter/devoted is very good combo :D I even saw video on youtube for solo Triple Crown, but even on DD this Dragon has VERY, VERY low stats, less that Nemnok

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I went there at 20 with upscaling and the challenge was.. somewhat okay I guess. Pretty sure it wasn't as easy for me as it was for you. Maybe your characters are super strong or something?

The dragon had 60ish deflection so my fighter could consistently hit it and penetrate it with that modal on dual sabres. The dragon had no damage and super long recovery. I think most classes could solo this dragon. It had red skull meaning it was atleast 17 level

Edited by nemesis205bw

TBH it sounds like it bugged out in your game. It should have more deflection than that, it has a bunch of spells as well as its own special abilities it uses, and it starts using them right away. Also it has a lot of concentration stacks which keep replenishing/building through the fight, meaning it should be hard (though not impossible) to chain interrupt.

Totally depends on the class.

What I don't quite understand tho is:

My party was level 13. ...

But back to classes, my first try was with a fighter/chanter and I had to trihard with explosives to kill it.

Now I have a monk/pala and even the last dragon is an absolute joke.

Most classes will ahve an even harder time than pala/fighter, since this is actually a decent combo. :p

• Like 1

I found only one explanation - Obsidian make game easier to make more people enjoy PotD and feel more satisfied (maybe to increase selling). They can make game much harder after Beta, but we got what we got, look on reviews they all positive

Huh.  I personally can think of more likely explanation, myself:

The game is incredibly complex and having 100,000 pairs of eyeballs trying to break it is a hell of a lot easier than having 100 pairs of eyeballs trying to make it hard.

NOTE:  Strangely enuf, this same explanation also applies to bugs.  Funny that. ;)

And that's not even getting into the corollary of: What's more important?  Releasing a game more or less on time or spending a ton of time making the game harder?  Remembering, again, the little bit about 100 pairs or eyeballs and finite time.

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire

TBH it sounds like it bugged out in your game. It should have more deflection than that, it has a bunch of spells as well as its own special abilities it uses, and it starts using them right away. Also it has a lot of concentration stacks which keep replenishing/building through the fight, meaning it should be hard (though not impossible) to chain interrupt.

Can anyone confirm how much deflection this dragon should have on POTD 13 level all upscaled settings? Mine has 60ish

Update:

I reloaded previous save to record how I kill this dragon.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWjU4ejrIxo&feature=youtu.be

That's not the ice dragon, that's a low level water dragon.

How is he low level if it has 3 red skulls? Noneless I shouldnt be able to solo it so easily
I think he meant low level as in not supposed to be difficult, and typically encountered at the level youre at rather than late-game.

Ice dragon generally refers to the final boss of the DLC. The water dragon isn't so much supposed to be a boss as a mildly difficult enemy in a mid-game quest. If you know your classes well mildly difficult enemies generally become very easy in the current state of the game.

I agree the game is generally too easy, but the water dragon isn't exactly meant to be tough. Its been stuck in a cage for hundreds of years having its energy siphoned off to power a guild.

Nemnok has been actively growing in power with a whole cult of islanders helping him, and should naturally be more difficult.

Edited by MarkTheDP

Update: 

Here is the video:

How is he low level if it has 3 red skulls? Noneless I shouldnt be able to solo it so easily

L O L

Well, the Messenger Dragon from BoW has a AR of 21 with Llengrath's, so you won't be able to deal any damage to him with that level.

Update: 

Here is the video:

L O L

Well, the Messenger Dragon from BoW has a AR of 21 with Llengrath's, so you won't be able to deal any damage to him with that level.

so you are saying that instead of 15seconds it will take 60 seconds to kill him? 25% damage dealt is still damage

so you are saying that instead of 15seconds it will take 60 seconds to kill him? 25% damage dealt is still damage

The base game is kinda easy but there's a BIG difference between the watershaper's guild dragon and the Messenger dragon in the expansion (even the first time you face him when he's supposed to be easier). 

Update: 

Here is the video:

L O L

Doubt. The fight is after you talk to vatnir, right about 2 minutes in the DLC. So you can try it with level 14 now xd