This is one of the unfortunate game mechanics. One summon type at a time. Chanter/Ghost Heart/Curios(usable item summons) all fall in this category.

I am shocked to see how many people want to see the pet for the ranger. In my games Maia's Ishiza goes out of the harms way with AI or auto-attck turned off and sits in the corner for the entirety of the fights, to avoid Maia getting bonded grief.

I can't say whether it was intended, but it seems consistent with other classes that don't stack well. Mage Slayer Barbarian would not work well with vast majority of self buffing classes. 2 x Caster Classes together (Priest/Wizard/Druid) are not super efficient either.

Look through this thread for some heads up on which classes are not working well together for future: Worst Multiclass Synergy

I hear you and I feel your pain, so here's  one way to achieve Summoner power fantasy nerdgasm: Lord of the Imps

Edited by Malkoy

I am shocked to see how many people want to see the pet for the ranger. In my games Maia's Ishiza goes out of the harms way with AI or auto-attck turned off and sits in the corner for the entirety of the fights, to avoid Maia getting bonded grief.

Yeah that's why Ghost Heart is the only Ranger I play nowadays, even if you invest in the numerous pet passives, it'll just get obliterated in PotD and you're debuffed for the whole fight.

• Like 1