There were meant to be more than 3 Vithraks in the game I suppose? My guess is that original plan was to try and force people go out in the world to farm mats. BTW Death Godlike girl in Dunnage apparently sells high level gems (seen amber and emerald in her shop)

The only ingredients that aren't currently purchasable anywhere IIRC are adra ban and sapphires. Possibly rubies too.

Check this thread for some known locations. Not sure when it was last updated, however if you read through the pages you should find some more.

Edited by thundercleese

I get like 6-8 rubies all the time from Ondra Temple in the old city(locked room). I noticed that altar with random chance at gems behind the worm resets soemtimes (don't know condition, had to go back due to low mechanics, never killed the worm), not sure about sarcophagus with rubies in the 2 conch locked room.

Crookspur dungeons chest in one of the hallways has random high tier gems loot too. 

Adra Ban is infuriatingly rare. Gotta plan for it. I know you can get two at the beginning of the game in Engwithian ruins (hidden architect room. I also know that it's worth the wait to upgrade Benny's armor to superior with Kraken eyes. Adra Ban is meant to be spent on weapons

Edited by Malkoy

There were meant to be more than 3 Vithraks in the game I suppose? My guess is that original plan was to try and force people go out in the world to farm mats. BTW Death Godlike girl in Dunnage apparently sells high level gems (seen amber and emerald in her shop)

Gems yes. But nothing like "Talon", what you need for the +pen potion. She sells the potion, but for a price of 702 Gold each and that even rarely, but not as rare as the herb merchant sells talons.

The point isn’t that it’s hard to find rare ingredients, it’s that it’s infuriating to refresh merchant inventories over and over in order to get common ingredients. I know this is a feature of old school frogs, but it’s also bad design.

Edit: I love that my ipad's spell correct turned "crpg" into "frog" and am going to leave that error there for the enjoyment of others.

Edited by grasida

Check the other ingredient merchants like Fassina next door and the store in Dunnage. I've gotten talons from a store before (can't recall which exactly though).

The point isn’t that it’s hard to find rare ingredients, it’s that it’s infuriating to refresh merchant inventories over and over in order to get common ingredients. I know this is a feature of old school frogs, but it’s also bad design.

Exactly. There is no reason, not to have the merchants, a permanent stack of 10 of each item and after each refresh, they get it back. Currently, you have to wait and wait, over and over again, only to get 1 or 2 of these. That's nothing else than a time waste.

I understand why you are frustrated. I think there is ambiance and RP reasons to consider as well, since this is an RPG after all :p

I think Cutzil gets these monster body parts from local trade routs and does not go murdering Vithraks herself (himself?).

It's rather fair for her to go: "Sowwy, nothing yet. Lot's of people buyng these, hunters can't keep up with a demand"

Would be wierd if once you  buy out 10 talons or 10 vithrac brains and Cutzil goes all like:

oh-boy-here-i-go-killing-again-gif-1.gif

I'm sure Orron would appreciate having 10 of everything in his shop though. If only he didn't swam away...

Edited by Malkoy