Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The "Feature Requests to Obsidian for Modding Deadfire" Thread

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

GravitonGamer

GravitonGamer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Steam:jacetheace

GravitonGamer I think "AddPhrases" does this.

I don't think that changes the amount of maximum chanter phrases. Basically I have a mod that doubles the HP of enemies and doubles all the class resources. I have found a way to implement it for all the classes except for the chanter.

Gairnulf

Gairnulf

Cynical Master Thief of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
My request - make it easier to mod the music.

Files converted from wav to wem using the current Wwise version (2018.1.4.6807) still don't work in the game.

I understand the issue is with some Wwise licences which don't match between the game and the converted files?

GravitonGamer

GravitonGamer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts

I checked the documentation and I can't seem to find a conditional that checks if a character is a specific character/companion. I have a mod that adds more AI conditions, and it's often requested to have conditions that target a specific companion, like "Target: Eder".

BMac

BMac

Programmer

• Developers
  • 410 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

I checked the documentation and I can't seem to find a conditional that checks if a character is a specific character/companion. I have a mod that adds more AI conditions, and it's often requested to have conditions that target a specific companion, like "Target: Eder".

You can use AreGuidsSameObject with Target and the GUID of the companion you want, which you can find in the CompanionGameData (CompanionGuidString) or with printinstance as described here.

GravitonGamer

GravitonGamer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that tonight.

TT1

TT1

Transcendent Spirit of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Can you add the conditionals IsAnyWeaponEquipped(Guid) and IsAnyWeaponEquippedInSecondarySlot(Guid) ?

BMac

BMac

Programmer

• Developers
  • 410 posts

Can you add the conditionals IsAnyWeaponEquipped(Guid) and IsAnyWeaponEquippedInSecondarySlot(Guid) ?

Super easy, that will be in the next patch.

• TT1, dam and MaxQuest like this

protopersona

protopersona

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 214 posts

Proof Obsidian isn't done patching the game up. Makes me happy.  :biggrin:

peardox

peardox

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

My request - make it easier to mod the music.

Files converted from wav to wem using the current Wwise version (2018.1.4.6807) still don't work in the game.

I understand the issue is with some Wwise licences which don't match between the game and the converted files?

I just posted a similar Q in main - mine doing with voices 

We have good support from OBS so many reqs we do actually get fulfilled

My suggestion is that you PM @BMac (he's very helpful) and directly ask about this issue

The worst that can happen is nothing (experience shows this to be a fallacy)

Soz to end on a double negative

• Gairnulf likes this

TT1

TT1

Transcendent Spirit of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thank you, BMac, and congratulations on your TB project. That was amazing.

• BMac and Wormerine like this

Ophiuchus

Ophiuchus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

The latest patch removed the option to use attack abilities in an AoE with certain weapons (Citzal's Spirit Lance, Hand Mortar, Rot Skulls, etc.). I've been trying to find the component that governs this but can't figure out if it's an ability or attack change. Is this option available or is it hard coded?

Kohwalter

Kohwalter

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I think there is a bug related to atlases and Steam workshop, if you could take a look at it I will appreciate.

New icons works fine when the mod is inside the override folder. However, it appears that the game does not recognize the "atlases" folder from Steam's workshop download location.

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1174 posts
This is probably a bit late, but:

There are some global values that can be modded for different difficulty levels- enemy health, defenses, etc. It'd be nice to have something like that for turn-based mode, so you could change some high-level things like enemy health and damage for turn-based mode only

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2450 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Two requests here:

1). Add possibility to remove an ability.

For example: I want to remove existing Soul Annihilation (which is of WeaponAttackAbilityGameData type), and add a new one (of GenericAbilityGameData type). At the moment, if I just edit the type of existing ability, then it breaks SA of already created soulblades, and works fine only for newly created characters.

2). Allow to specify for an ability, attack and status effects, what kind of bonuses it can benefit from: all, only_weapon_bonuses, only_spell_bonuses, just_pl, none.

For example: there are weapons that have spells bounded to them. These spells should not benefit from weapon quality enchants. Also it would allow to attach a spell proc to a weapon, and prevent it from benefiting from "physical" modifiers like sneak attack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users