Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The "Feature Requests to Obsidian for Modding Deadfire" Thread

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Armakoir

Armakoir

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Steam:Armakoir

Is it possible to have a new WeaponType of value "ThrowingWeapon"? It's the only category missing in the list

(Or also a more generic one, it's possible to sort out by keywords so, also a generic one can do the trick).

At the moment the proficiency is bound to the weapon type and a custom one cannot be "properly" added.

You can still create your own proficiency but only on the weapons that are listed, but can be counter intuitive create a weapon of a type not supposed to be (ex: throwing knife but listed as stiletto).

Have you tried the WeaponTypeComponent from WeaponTypeGameData?

Nevermind. I tried creating a new WeaponType but it broke the item.

Edited by Armakoir, 26 August 2018 - 06:41 PM.

peardox

peardox

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

This links to a similar issue - think it was @kilay had

Please bear in mind I'm going on what I KNOW, no guesses or theorising in this one

@Kilay tried creating a new subclass - it completely screwed up

As I remember @BMac says he's gonna look into this

This is what's happening here - it's exactly the same if you look at the game from a REALLY high level (a GUID does something)

There are exceptions to this - SOME things are moddable (I'll give you an example in a moment)

The BIG hassle is that there are around 60k GUIDs in the game but only (numbers Simon...) about 12k in exported (think that's right)

What OBS expose are called ALIASES to the in-game GUIDs

So - any GUID you get ain't actually in the game - it's translated to an in-game GUID

@BMac - think I'm right on this one

This makes it NP-Hard to link them up (maths) - ignore this comment if you don't understand what np-hard is

Going back above

@BMac has told me how to create a complete new translation - I'm defo gonna have to try this out

Anyone fancy Klingon as a language option?

I can automate translation if Google Translate speaks Klingon :)

So, there are supported things and unsupported things

I CAN (Google willing) create a Klingon pack but ATM I can't subclass or create a new WeaponType

2.1.0 hopefully gives us more options

kilay

kilay

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 524 posts

peardox a new subrace not a new subclass.
subclasses can be added w/o issues

Edited by kilay, 27 August 2018 - 06:49 AM.

peardox

peardox

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Can we hack savegames again ASAP @BMac

This is REALLY important

We WERE able to unzip the savegames then stick them back together (BluTack included)

As we have a SEVERE caching issue that breaks MODs we need to explore what's happening

In v 1.2.2 I could take a save - extract it, rebuilt it and fix the broken version

I imagine someone noticed my comments on this subject as I can n longer to this

We NEED this ability while you have broken saves

ONE of us will prob be able to fix the cache issue (most likely me)

We also wanna do clash fixing, that's pretty easy really

BMac

BMac

Programmer

• Developers
  • 410 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

The dis-association between exported and in-game GUIDs is the root cause of all the MAJOR modding we encounter

What we REALLY need is a translation table - you can code this as a "String FindInGame(String GUID)"
That's a nice short one

I think I already described this somewhere, but the Unity data GUIDs are not straight aliases of game data guids. Unity objects have their own GUIDs (described here) that represent that object in-game.  Each Unity object may make use of a number of different game data objects (a CharacterStatsGameData, a MoverGameData, etc).  A lot of these game datas are used by many characters or creatures in the game, so the relationship between the Instance and the Game Data isn't one-to-one.

If you could read the Unity data, it wouldn't be difficult to collect the mappings, but I know it's really not set up in a way that makes that reasonable.

We could potentially provide a better way to dump these GUIDs along the lines of the PrintInstance console command.

Is it possible to have a new WeaponType of value "ThrowingWeapon"? It's the only category missing in the list
(Or also a more generic one, it's possible to sort out by keywords so, also a generic one can do the trick).

At the moment the proficiency is bound to the weapon type and a custom one cannot be "properly" added.
You can still create your own proficiency but only on the weapons that are listed, but can be counter intuitive create a weapon of a type not supposed to be (ex: throwing knife but listed as stiletto).

This is another place where I'd like to just remove the WeaponType enumeration and let you create arbitrary WeaponTypeGameData objects and just use those instead (like we did with Classes).  That's doable but it takes some work to convert over all the old data, and I'll also have to worry about compatibility with old mods.

Related to this, is possible to have a mouse scroll feature in the proficiency page of the character? Or this can happen:

I have a Similar issue with colors in CC  (but i can solve that using appearance editor on Characer Sheet) and with a scrolling page  we could open more possibilities also for Backgrounds Unlocked mod

So +1 for mammasaura

Yep, I'll note that character creation needs scrollable panels.

Along the lines of weapon proficiencies, is it possible to change "ProficientAbilityID" in the ItemComponent of WeaponGameData so that it supports multiple GUIDs? This appears to be THE limiting factor for expanding or significantly altering weapon proficiencies.

And, as mammasaura said, the ability to scroll.

That's probably doable.  It'll be tricky to do it in a way that doesn't break compatibility with mods that are already changing that value, but doable.

Drag and drop mod in Mod manager to rearrange the order .
Atm i have more than 50 mods installed, when i add a new one rearrange the whole bunch take time

Noted - that's definitely not a use case I anticipated, haha.  If you shut down the game you can manipulate the order in the file "%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity II\modconfig.json".

Can we hack savegames again ASAP @BMac

This is REALLY important

We WERE able to unzip the savegames then stick them back together (BluTack included)

I'm not aware of anything that's changed that would prevent you from manipulating save games. What kind of problem are you having?

• mammasaura , kilay and Armakoir like this

kilay

kilay

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 524 posts

Drag and drop mod in Mod manager to rearrange the order .
Atm i have more than 50 mods installed, when i add a new one rearrange the whole bunch take time

Noted - that's definitely not a use case I anticipated, haha.  If you shut down the game you can manipulate the order in the file "%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity II\modconfig.json".

Thnks for all your answer , about modconfig.json i was already aware of that file, one of our group member talked about develop a sort of external mod manager to rearrange that order in a proper way. Related to refresh button issue this tool might solve the trouble.
But if a sort of mod launcher could be added by OBS for sure this will be more comfortable for all :)

Edited by kilay, 27 August 2018 - 10:58 PM.

• Spherical likes this

kilay

kilay

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 524 posts

And about the last request also a sort of warning about required mods to load the savegame w/o have issue could be really helpful for any user.

mammasaura

mammasaura

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Don't know if already requested but is it possible to make the conversations (or just the node's links) being partially overridden by mods like was done for the GameDataObjects in the patch 1.2?

But is it possible to create new conversations? Keep having null reference on a new custom convo. Should be an awesome feature :)

Edited by mammasaura , 30 August 2018 - 02:52 AM.

BMac

BMac

Programmer

• Developers
  • 410 posts

And about the last request also a sort of warning about required mods to load the savegame w/o have issue could be really helpful for any user.

Yeah, that would be pretty handy, though it might be tricky to detect which mods are adding content that actually appears in the save.

Don't know if already requested but is it possible to make the conversations (or just the node's links) being partially overridden by mods like was done for the GameDataObjects in the patch 1.2?

But is it possible to create new conversations? Keep having null reference on a new custom convo. Should be an awesome feature :)

Conversations don't currently support partial overrides but that would be a very nice thing to add.

It should be possible to add new conversations, though I haven't tested it extensively.  I do know that you need to add the conversation to a manifest file, in addition to adding the conversationbundle.  The file would be "design/manifests/conversations.manifest" in your mod folder.  You can refer to the same file in the "exported" data for the format.

• mammasaura and kilay like this

mammasaura

mammasaura

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Conversations don't currently support partial overrides but that would be a very nice thing to add.

It should be possible to add new conversations, though I haven't tested it extensively.  I do know that you need to add the conversation to a manifest file, in addition to adding the conversationbundle.  The file would be "design/manifests/conversations.manifest" in your mod folder.  You can refer to the same file in the "exported" data for the format.

I missed to add the conversation to the manifest file, now it works as expected.

The conversation.manifest can be placed anywhere and can just contain the entry for the custom conversation.

Thank you BMac, speechless for all the things added with the patch 2.1 from community feedback and the constant monitoring in this subforum.

Edited by mammasaura , 30 August 2018 - 09:38 PM.

• kilay and Spherical like this

kilay

kilay

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 524 posts
Many thnks for answer and to listen us, a lot of features you've added are really cool.
About that

Yeah, that would be pretty handy, though it might be tricky to detect which mods are adding content that actually appears in the save.

I never mapped a POE savegame  and i'm not a programmer but i can try . To me seems really strange that isn't possible leave some reference about mods loaded , some other games are able to do that .. but again i never checked how that works so could be some pattern differences.

Edited by kilay, 30 August 2018 - 02:05 PM.

kilay

kilay

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 524 posts

this would be a really nice addition

https://forums.obsid...-name-and-icon/

Spherical

Spherical

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 48 posts

That's pretty cool. Both of those should be pretty straightforward (though they probably won't be a high priority).

Nice :D and yeah, I get that it wouldn't be the highest priority as there aren't that many modders working with stringtables at the moment–although that might change if those features were implemented :-

peardox

peardox

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Dumb little scriptable

something similar to javascript alert()

Not for production use of course, simply to check in dev that something has been actioned

Ophiuchus

Ophiuchus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

An earlier update removed Wound generation from Shattered Pillar Monks when using atttack abilities. AFAIK, there's no way to revert this change. Could the devs look into opening this up to us? I want to play Trickster/Shattered Pillar something fierce.

TKDancer

TKDancer

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 86 posts

fixing  mods that add new subclasses so the game recognizes them would be nice

BMac

BMac

Programmer

• Developers
  • 410 posts

Dumb little scriptable

something similar to javascript alert()

Not for production use of course, simply to check in dev that something has been actioned

PrintString will print a message to the combat log (debug only) and ShowMessageBox will show a pop-up message to the user (supports localization and is fine to use in released content).

An earlier update removed Wound generation from Shattered Pillar Monks when using atttack abilities. AFAIK, there's no way to revert this change. Could the devs look into opening this up to us? I want to play Trickster/Shattered Pillar something fierce.

I'm not familiar with what's going on there, I'll have to take a look at it if I get a chance.

fixing  mods that add new subclasses so the game recognizes them would be nice

Those will be fine in v2.1 release or if we update the v2.1 beta before then. There is a problem in beta 2.1.0.0021 where sometimes no mod game data is loaded at all.

• Ophiuchus likes this

Armakoir

Armakoir

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 110 posts

Hiya BMac

I am experiencing a weird graphical bug with the progression tables and ability trees, and I'm curious about your thoughts (ie, cause? fixable?). Here is a pic: https://i.imgur.com/RbQ2piD.png

Whenever I increase the "required abilities" to 3 or more on a single ability, the vertical divider appears. It doesn't seem to effect any gameplay, but it's aesthetically displeasing. I'll continue to play around and see if i goes away under other conditions, and I know the ability tree has a mind of it's own in terms of positioning, but.... any thoughts?

Edit: So this problem seems to resolve itself when the PT begins to fill in with abilities. Please disregard (and see post below)

Edited by Armakoir, 09 September 2018 - 09:34 PM.

• kilay likes this

Armakoir

Armakoir

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 110 posts

1. Can we add "VisibilityConditional" to the GenericAbilityComponent? Less ideally, can "HideFromUI" from the GenericAbilityComponent function completely for Active abilities and not just Passive abilities? (the former is more work on your part, the latter is more work on our part)

Let's be honest, the ability bar is kind of a clusterf#$% and the more we can reduce the clutter the better (even if that means doing more work as modder).

In general, I want the player to unlock abilities via the Ability Tree, but I don't want those abilities visible on the ability bar until conditions are met. For example, being in spiritshift, having certain weaponry equipped, or other status effect related possibilities.

The former request is the most straightforward, but requires updating every ability entry in the game. But I can make the latter request work, and I have it working right now... except for that ability on the ability bar that should be hidden.

2. Can we please remove the Active and Passive division in the Ability Tree UI? But can we also maintain the square icon for Active and the circle icon for Passive?

I don't think this division is doing you, us, or the players any real favors. And as modders, if this division is removed, we can easily create mini-trees of Active abilities that require Passives and vice versa. Technically we can do this now, but to make it appealing on the UI we have to create an empty ability, autogrant the passive, yada yada. It's not just more work; it also requires the player to figure out whats happening.

Edited by Armakoir, 09 September 2018 - 10:32 PM.

• TT1 and kilay like this

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1141 posts
I think you can do the first one in progression tables? You can make it so you have to be a certain subclass to see an ability, and I see there's a "Boolean IsLevel" script as well, don't know if that will work in pt but if it does then that would presumably mean you can hide an ability until a character is the appropriate level

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users