The "Feature Requests to Obsidian for Modding Deadfire" Thread

Might be a little late to the party here, but is there a way to edit the effects of Afflicitons without having to edit every status effect that has it?

For example, Hobbled is defined as:
"StatuseffectIDs: a: -5 Dex and b: cannot run"

But every ability that causes Hobbled references both these ids, i.e., as "StatuseffectIDs: a: -5 Dex and b: cannot run"

So if I want to add an effect to Hobbled, I have to add it to every status effect that causes Hobbled, which isn't great for mod compatibility.

I do have a hacky way of doing this where I add extra statuseffectIDs as children to an existing one, but this has the disadvantage that it doesn't show up on tooltips.

Edited by Lamppost in Winter

GravitonGamer I think "AddPhrases" does this.

Humble Requests

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Any kind of enabling for variables in status effects would be monumental (I'm sure you guys have thought of this).  I'm not sure if it's a system limitation but being unable to compare or transfer or multiply a variable value is surprising given that assembly code is so simple with it.  Thankfully this is already available in some specific instances for damage values, etc.  As an example, Perception vs Perception would be cool to compare in a status effect.

It would be baller to be able to attenuate the damage of attacks with multiple hits.  Bounce data can do this but a lot of attacks can't bounce, like MultiHits.

I'd also love a status effect to override bounce data for attacks fired.  Maybe it's tricky since this is already specifically added via the ExtraStraightBounces.

Anything that opens up WeaponAttackAbilityComponent for more FullAttack modifications would be killer.  Attack speed or animation length for each phase was my big need.

I would die for a status effect that applies another status effect to all allies or companions, but I'm guessing I'm being lazy here and haven't thought of a quick 1000 range AOE or something.

A lot of desired effects could have "workaround" solutions if it was possible to apply a status effect before an attack is considered.  I don't know if this is OnLaunchesAttack or not because deep in my heart I'm still noob. 

You can probably achieve a couple of those things already:

I would die for a status effect that applies another status effect to all allies or companions, but I'm guessing I'm being lazy here and haven't thought of a quick 1000 range AOE or something.

I think the SpecialGenericAbilityGameData type PartyAbility is what you're looking for.

A lot of desired effects could have "workaround" solutions if it was possible to apply a status effect before an attack is considered.  I don't know if this is OnLaunchesAttack or not because deep in my heart I'm still noob.

You might be looking for "one-hit use" status effects. OneHitUse is a DurationType for a status effect that causes it to be cleared after the target uses an attack. We'll usually apply these in the StatusEffects list on the GenericAbilityComponent (see any ability that does a weapon attack with additional effects, like Barbaric Blow or Flames of Devotion).

Might be a little late to the party here, but is there a way to edit the effects of Afflicitons without having to edit every status effect that has it?

For example, Hobbled is defined as:
"StatuseffectIDs: a: -5 Dex and b: cannot run"

But every ability that causes Hobbled references both these ids, i.e., as "StatuseffectIDs: a: -5 Dex and b: cannot run"

So if I want to add an effect to Hobbled, I have to add it to every status effect that causes Hobbled, which isn't great for mod compatibility.

I do have a hacky way of doing this where I add extra statuseffectIDs as children to an existing one, but this has the disadvantage that it doesn't show up on tooltips.

Unfortunately I think there are only hacky solutions here. We have an inheritance system in the source data but it gets lost in the exported data.

• Like 2

GravitonGamer I think "AddPhrases" does this.

I don't think that changes the amount of maximum chanter phrases. Basically I have a mod that doubles the HP of enemies and doubles all the class resources. I have found a way to implement it for all the classes except for the chanter.

• 3 weeks later...

My request - make it easier to mod the music.

Files converted from wav to wem using the current Wwise version (2018.1.4.6807) still don't work in the game.

I understand the issue is with some Wwise licences which don't match between the game and the converted files?

• Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I checked the documentation and I can't seem to find a conditional that checks if a character is a specific character/companion. I have a mod that adds more AI conditions, and it's often requested to have conditions that target a specific companion, like "Target: Eder".

You can use AreGuidsSameObject with Target and the GUID of the companion you want, which you can find in the CompanionGameData (CompanionGuidString) or with printinstance as described here.

My request - make it easier to mod the music.

Files converted from wav to wem using the current Wwise version (2018.1.4.6807) still don't work in the game.

I understand the issue is with some Wwise licences which don't match between the game and the converted files?

I just posted a similar Q in main - mine doing with voices 

We have good support from OBS so many reqs we do actually get fulfilled

My suggestion is that you PM @BMac (he's very helpful) and directly ask about this issue

The worst that can happen is nothing (experience shows this to be a fallacy)

Soz to end on a double negative

• Like 1

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

Can you add the conditionals IsAnyWeaponEquipped(Guid) and IsAnyWeaponEquippedInSecondarySlot(Guid) ?

Super easy, that will be in the next patch.

Thank you, BMac, and congratulations on your TB project. That was amazing.

• Like 2

The latest patch removed the option to use attack abilities in an AoE with certain weapons (Citzal's Spirit Lance, Hand Mortar, Rot Skulls, etc.). I've been trying to find the component that governs this but can't figure out if it's an ability or attack change. Is this option available or is it hard coded?

I think there is a bug related to atlases and Steam workshop, if you could take a look at it I will appreciate.

New icons works fine when the mod is inside the override folder. However, it appears that the game does not recognize the "atlases" folder from Steam's workshop download location.

• 1 month later...

This is probably a bit late, but:

There are some global values that can be modded for different difficulty levels- enemy health, defenses, etc. It'd be nice to have something like that for turn-based mode, so you could change some high-level things like enemy health and damage for turn-based mode only

• 3 weeks later...

Two requests here:

1). Add possibility to remove an ability.

For example: I want to remove existing Soul Annihilation (which is of WeaponAttackAbilityGameData type), and add a new one (of GenericAbilityGameData type). At the moment, if I just edit the type of existing ability, then it breaks SA of already created soulblades, and works fine only for newly created characters.

2). Allow to specify for an ability, attack and status effects, what kind of bonuses it can benefit from: all, only_weapon_bonuses, only_spell_bonuses, just_pl, none.

For example: there are weapons that have spells bounded to them. These spells should not benefit from weapon quality enchants. Also it would allow to attach a spell proc to a weapon, and prevent it from benefiting from "physical" modifiers like sneak attack.

• SChin unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 4:26 PM, Lamppost in Winter said:

Dunno if this is still checked, but when setting Keywords for a StatusEffectAttackFilter, is there a way to specify X keyword but not Y keyword? For example, I want a status effect to trigger on launching an attack with Condemnation or Punishment keywords, but not if it also has a Restoration keyword.

No way. There are only 3 operators for keywords

Value Description
Or X keyword or Y keyword
And X keyword and Y keyword
Not All but X keyword
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Wishing for :

- Being able to decrement a stacked effect.  This would be incredibly game-opening. You could even make hacked formulas that way.

- DynamicValue--->Stat--->Attribute (Dex, Con, etc.) would be amazing as well.  Bonuses based on self/enemy attributes could do so much!

- True Duration Multiplier.  The only way to do this is +Intellect right now.

Edited by Grape_You_In_The_Mouth

• 2 weeks later...