The "Feature Requests to Obsidian for Modding Deadfire" Thread

Many thnks for answer and to listen us, a lot of features you've added are really cool.

About that

And about the last request also a sort of warning about required mods to load the savegame w/o have issue could be really helpful for any user.

Yeah, that would be pretty handy, though it might be tricky to detect which mods are adding content that actually appears in the save.

I never mapped a POE savegame  and i'm not a programmer but i can try . To me seems really strange that isn't possible leave some reference about mods loaded , some other games are able to do that .. but again i never checked how that works so could be some pattern differences.

Edited by kilay

That's pretty cool. Both of those should be pretty straightforward (though they probably won't be a high priority).

Nice :D and yeah, I get that it wouldn't be the highest priority as there aren't that many modders working with stringtables at the moment–although that might change if those features were implemented :-

Editor and Designer
Enhanced User Interface
Nexus Mods | Steam Workshop

Dumb little scriptable

something similar to javascript alert()

Not for production use of course, simply to check in dev that something has been actioned

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

Dumb little scriptable

something similar to javascript alert()

Not for production use of course, simply to check in dev that something has been actioned

PrintString will print a message to the combat log (debug only) and ShowMessageBox will show a pop-up message to the user (supports localization and is fine to use in released content).

An earlier update removed Wound generation from Shattered Pillar Monks when using atttack abilities. AFAIK, there's no way to revert this change. Could the devs look into opening this up to us? I want to play Trickster/Shattered Pillar something fierce.

I'm not familiar with what's going on there, I'll have to take a look at it if I get a chance.

fixing  mods that add new subclasses so the game recognizes them would be nice

Those will be fine in v2.1 release or if we update the v2.1 beta before then. There is a problem in beta 2.1.0.0021 where sometimes no mod game data is loaded at all.

• Like 1

Hiya BMac

I am experiencing a weird graphical bug with the progression tables and ability trees, and I'm curious about your thoughts (ie, cause? fixable?). Here is a pic: https://i.imgur.com/RbQ2piD.png

Whenever I increase the "required abilities" to 3 or more on a single ability, the vertical divider appears. It doesn't seem to effect any gameplay, but it's aesthetically displeasing. I'll continue to play around and see if i goes away under other conditions, and I know the ability tree has a mind of it's own in terms of positioning, but.... any thoughts?

Edit: So this problem seems to resolve itself when the PT begins to fill in with abilities. Please disregard (and see post below)

Edited by Armakoir
  • Like 1

1. Can we add "VisibilityConditional" to the GenericAbilityComponent? Less ideally, can "HideFromUI" from the GenericAbilityComponent function completely for Active abilities and not just Passive abilities? (the former is more work on your part, the latter is more work on our part)

Let's be honest, the ability bar is kind of a clusterf#$% and the more we can reduce the clutter the better (even if that means doing more work as modder).

In general, I want the player to unlock abilities via the Ability Tree, but I don't want those abilities visible on the ability bar until conditions are met. For example, being in spiritshift, having certain weaponry equipped, or other status effect related possibilities.

The former request is the most straightforward, but requires updating every ability entry in the game. But I can make the latter request work, and I have it working right now... except for that ability on the ability bar that should be hidden.

2. Can we please remove the Active and Passive division in the Ability Tree UI? But can we also maintain the square icon for Active and the circle icon for Passive?

I don't think this division is doing you, us, or the players any real favors. And as modders, if this division is removed, we can easily create mini-trees of Active abilities that require Passives and vice versa. Technically we can do this now, but to make it appealing on the UI we have to create an empty ability, autogrant the passive, yada yada. It's not just more work; it also requires the player to figure out whats happening.

Edited by Armakoir
  • Like 2

I think you can do the first one in progression tables? You can make it so you have to be a certain subclass to see an ability, and I see there's a "Boolean IsLevel" script as well, don't know if that will work in pt but if it does then that would presumably mean you can hide an ability until a character is the appropriate level

I think you can do the first one in progression tables? You can make it so you have to be a certain subclass to see an ability, and I see there's a "Boolean IsLevel" script as well, don't know if that will work in pt but if it does then that would presumably mean you can hide an ability until a character is the appropriate level

The visibility conditions of the progression table only effect when that ability becomes visible IN the progression table, and not when it becomes visible on the ability bar.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish: the Fighter can only use certain abilities when he is in the appropriate fighting stance. Accomplishing this is easy and straightforward: use the ActivationPrerequisite of the ability and make the stance's status effect the condition. The problem here is, I want to work towards cleaning up the ability bar and this method does nothing towards that.

Here is how I have it built.

1) An entry in the progression table that references a "ghosted" copy of the ability

2) The ghosted-copy  is identical to the unghosted-copy of the ability apart from "HideFrom...." being True. (See note below)

3) Created a ChangeFormEffectGameData status effect that grants the unghosted-copy of the ability

4) Created an ActivationPrerequisite on this ChangeForm status effect that requires having the ghosted-copy of the ability

5) Attached this ChangeForm status effect to the status effects of the fighting stance modality

It functions perfectly. When you activate the stance AND you have unlocked the ability, the ability populates the ability bar and can be activated. When you deactivate the stance, the ability disappears. Rinse and repeat. The problem is this: the ghosted copy of the ability is ALSO on the ability bar the entire time despite HideFromUI being true.

Note: I need the ghosted-copy of the ability to be an Active ability for two reasons: (1) because I want the player to see the statistics of the ability in the progression table and (2) if I change the ghosted-copy of the ability to be a passive, it disappears or draws a line across the screen because the Ability Tree UI cannot handle mixing linked active and passive abilities.

Edit: I've "ghosted" lots of abilities thus far. But those have all been passives. This is the first time I've needed an active ability to be ghosted.

If HideFromUI functioned fully for Active abilities, I would be sitting pretty. And so would the ability bar. Maybe this is a bug that was never found because what kind of crazy person would Hide an active ability?  :banana:

Edited by Armakoir
  • Like 1

A hover on Mod Manager

I have this text for the short description on Nexus for my latest (can't try Steam - GOG installed)...

"Adds all Enchanting ingredients to Fishmonger in Port Maje (patch 2.1.0+)"

In manifest.json I am forced to use...

"All enchanting ingredients are available"

Maybe an altDescription with more text for the hover?

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Wouldn´t a field like "UsageAdjustment" in the Generic Ability Level Scaling be useful? 

I was trying to give Shifters more spiritshift usages per four or five levels but it looks like there is no easy and/or fast way to get this in.

EDIT: Thanks @mammasaura for that tip! ;)

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 1

I'm rather upset with Obsidian (savegame issues)

Still broken

Spent all day writing a Tutorial I got finished about 1PM

Does anyone test POE2?

I welcome the new additions but ModScriptHook is broken

I can provide savegames that prove this to be true

Some Q+A team

Pissed off that they re-introduce an issue we were informed they fixed with ModScriptHook (works but is still affected)

Sorry for the reduced responses recently - my schedule for the last two weeks has been pretty irregular due to jury duty.

Hiya BMac
I am experiencing a weird graphical bug with the progression tables and ability trees, and I'm curious about your thoughts (ie, cause? fixable?). Here is a pic: https://i.imgur.com/RbQ2piD.png

Whenever I increase the "required abilities" to 3 or more on a single ability, the vertical divider appears. It doesn't seem to effect any gameplay, but it's aesthetically displeasing. I'll continue to play around and see if i goes away under other conditions, and I know the ability tree has a mind of it's own in terms of positioning, but.... any thoughts?

That does sound like there's probably a layout bug if a tree that's at least 3 nodes wide appears at the far left of the tree, but I'm glad you found a workaround.

1. Can we add "VisibilityConditional" to the GenericAbilityComponent? Less ideally, can "HideFromUI" from the GenericAbilityComponent function completely for Active abilities and not just Passive abilities? (the former is more work on your part, the latter is more work on our part)

That's certainly possible; noted.

2. Can we please remove the Active and Passive division in the Ability Tree UI? But can we also maintain the square icon for Active and the circle icon for Passive?

I see your point here, but it would be a big process to pitch and make this change for the whole game.  Perhaps we could allow passive abilities to be pulled over into the active abilities section if they have active abilities are prerequisites.

Any way to implement a command help?

I would like to add wounds, but I dont know if there is console command for this. Would be nice if I could search commands.

You can use the command "find " to search for commands by name.  Also note that all scripts can be used from the console - though there are additional console commands that are not scripts.  Unfortunately, I don't believe there's one for adding class resources.  If you just need it to test wound abilities, you could use ToggleResourceLimit to have infinite wounds.

A hover on Mod Manager

I have this text for the short description on Nexus for my latest (can't try Steam - GOG installed)...

"Adds all Enchanting ingredients to Fishmonger in Port Maje (patch 2.1.0+)"

In manifest.json I am forced to use...

"All enchanting ingredients are available"
Maybe an altDescription with more text for the hover?

Yep, sounds like a good idea to have some way to view the rest of the mod description if it gets truncated by the UI.

I welcome the new additions but ModScriptHook is broken

Responded to this post.

• Like 2

I'm moving with some of my mod-mates

Not gonna mention the game

I get a server and complete control - WHY wouldn't I want that?

Cant have it in POE2

Going for the other + letting @tt1 off

Not bothered

I created a useful crowd of people - that was the task!

Is there a way to add new crew members to the recruitment UI?

edit: I can see that the crew store information is stored in globalprefabs.unity3d. So adding a UUID to that will probably not be possible. Is there a way to have an item run a script that adds a crew member to your crew?

edit 2: yep, Void AddCrewToRoster(Guid) and Void RecruitCrewMember(Guid, Guid). Going to try adding a crew member through buying an item.

Edited by topologista

A way to create crew members would be nice. One thing I always wished for this game was that party members counted as crew, and I'd have liked to create crew members who have the same names and portraits as party members who'll appear on your ship only if that party member is alive and recruited

Success! Just need to make it so you can't inspect the contract before buying it and the rest is just setting up the rest of the sailors. (And fixing the name obviously.)

However, I don't know how to make them spawn on your ship. Anybody know if it's possible to just copy a prefab npc object? Like for example I could just have a copy of Ora the Mad to represent this new boatswain. 

(Also, lol at my Bleak Walker's 1/100 morale. She's literally killed or keelhauled most of the crew members in the base game...)

post-111748-0-11988800-1537718413_thumb.jpg

post-111748-0-89901100-1537718420_thumb.jpg

post-111748-0-48859900-1537718427_thumb.jpg

post-111748-0-73166800-1537718432_thumb.jpg

Edited by topologista

• 3 weeks later...

I could really use a "IsWeaponEquipped" conditional that checks for a guid. Even better, I could use an "IsWeaponEquippedInPrimarySlot" and "SecondarySlot" that conditions a certain guid, not simply true false.

"IsItemEquipped" does not work because it does not look for "WeaponGameData".

Best.

Edited by Armakoir

Hey BMac,

Would it be possible to expose in the gamebundle files the Animal Companion's name (the string used which constains the player's chosen name for the animal) and the Animal Companion interface Icon?

Also, would it be possible to expose the ID from "Game.GameData.CharacterStatsGameData, Assembly-CSharp" the summon/prefab/animal companion will use instead of having it fixed on the Prefab file?

If these are made possible, then we would be able to create new animal companions from the various monsters/pets from the game and allow it to have its own Icon with the name given at the Character creation screen when selecting the Animal Companion, similar to the existing animal companions (wolf, deer, bear, boar, etc.).

I could really use a "IsWeaponEquipped" conditional that checks for a guid. Even better, I could use an "IsWeaponEquippedInPrimarySlot" and "SecondarySlot" that conditions a certain guid, not simply true false.

"IsItemEquipped" does not work because it does not look for "WeaponGameData".

"WeaponGameData" is actually a subclass of "ItemGameData" (i.e. it's a more specific type). A Weapon is always an Item, though an Item might not be a Weapon. You can pass WeaponGameData IDs to IsItemEquipped just fine.

You can tell that this is the case when documentation for the game data type has components from another type on it (see WeaponGameData).

Would it be possible to expose in the gamebundle files the Animal Companion's name (the string used which constains the player's chosen name for the animal) and the Animal Companion interface Icon?

Also, would it be possible to expose the ID from "Game.GameData.CharacterStatsGameData, Assembly-CSharp" the summon/prefab/animal companion will use instead of having it fixed on the Prefab file?

If these are made possible, then we would be able to create new animal companions from the various monsters/pets from the game and allow it to have its own Icon with the name given at the Character creation screen when selecting the Animal Companion, similar to the existing animal companions (wolf, deer, bear, boar, etc.).

Yeah, I would like to get modded animal companions working better if I can, though I don't have any time set out for it at the moment.

• Like 2

"WeaponGameData" is actually a subclass of "ItemGameData" (i.e. it's a more specific type). A Weapon is always an Item, though an Item might not be a Weapon. You can pass WeaponGameData IDs to IsItemEquipped just fine.

You can tell that this is the case when documentation for the game data type has components from another type on it (see WeaponGameData).

Perhaps it should be fine, but it doesn't actually work.