You can use different ones and trigger Powder Burns / Streetfighter bonuses. But only those 2 have the aoe effect, dual damage type and Reflex save instead of Deflection. And only the quest one can be upgraded with extra bounce.

In case you're open to that, you can get the second one rather fast, even without any fighting (well, when you're leaving the final quest location, a combat is likely). Just go to Deadlight tavern rooms with Serafen, then to the Bathhouse then to Sayuka harbor. Bam! Quest completed.

All right. I will make exception here ;)

How is Blightheart in people's opinion? Is it ever good enough to use over the Red Hand in any builds?

only as a stat stick if you are on a caster if the wizard blightheart upgrade (+10% damage done as carrode) is still applied to a varried range of abilities - it used to work that way but may have been changed

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How is Blightheart in people's opinion? Is it ever good enough to use over the Red Hand in any builds?

only as a stat stick if you are on a caster if the wizard blightheart upgrade (+10% damage done as carrode) is still applied to a varried range of abilities - it used to work that way but may have been changed

What about the +1 phrase on kill for chanter multis w/ strong non-weapon killing abilites, such as a Troubadour or Beckoner combined with an Evoker? Has anyone tried this?

EDIT: If the on kill effect works also w/ killing of summons, then it could be possible to get phrases even quicker than usual and fire off more invocations. Once the battlefield has a corpse on it, for example, one could cast the corpse explosion invocation, kill stuff, rinse, repeat, at least theoretically.

Edited by hansvedic

• 2 months later...
The Red Hand (Arquebus) - Double Barrel: Fires two shots before reloading, but has a reduced range. Guilty Conscience 2% Damage dealt and received on Kill until Rest (Stacks 20 times). Twin Slugs Knockback target within 4m on scoring Hit. Hands down the most broken item in the game right now. Double Barrel effect is almost doubling your dps by itself and Guilty Conscience stacks up to 40% dmg taken/recived. Very easy to get (12 lock difficulty chest in delvers row) Guilty Conscience buff works for other weapons, so it's possible to stack it up and then swap to another weapon (does reset on rest though).

Always true ? I test it few hours ago, don't work for others weapons.

Edited by theBalthazar

The Red Hand (Arquebus) - Double Barrel: Fires two shots before reloading, but has a reduced range. Guilty Conscience 2% Damage dealt and received on Kill until Rest (Stacks 20 times). Twin Slugs Knockback target within 4m on scoring Hit. Hands down the most broken item in the game right now. Double Barrel effect is almost doubling your dps by itself and Guilty Conscience stacks up to 40% dmg taken/recived. Very easy to get (12 lock difficulty chest in delvers row) Guilty Conscience buff works for other weapons, so it's possible to stack it up and then swap to another weapon (does reset on rest though).

Always true ? I test it few hours ago, don't work for others weapons.

The underline statement is fixed in one of the patch.

• Like 1

It has been fixed for a while the damage boost only works for Red Hand itself.

Annoying fact:  the damage self-debuff works *all the time* -- even w/o Red Hand equipped as active weapon slot, I see the +10% damage-taken item (Blood-Stained Hands) in my combat log.  It basically cancels out Cadhu Scalth.  I wish I had known this before my no-rest run as I would have avoided leveling up the +dmg/self-dmg of Red Hand until I could have upgraded it to avoid the self damage.  Oh well, now I'm stuck with it.  Can't rest or all the no-rest buffs go away ...

Really I could see the damage-taken self-debuff counting only if you have Red Hand equipped as active weapon.  Oh well.

It has been fixed for a while the damage boost only works for Red Hand itself.

Annoying fact:  the damage self-debuff works *all the time* -- even w/o Red Hand equipped as active weapon slot, I see the +10% damage-taken item (Blood-Stained Hands) in my combat log.  It basically cancels out Cadhu Scalth.  I wish I had known this before my no-rest run as I would have avoided leveling up the +dmg/self-dmg of Red Hand until I could have upgraded it to avoid the self damage.  Oh well, now I'm stuck with it.  Can't rest or all the no-rest buffs go away ...

Really I could see the damage-taken self-debuff counting only if you have Red Hand equipped as active weapon.  Oh well.

I wasn't talking about the damage taken, but damage dealt.

Still it seems buggy that the damage taken would carry over, you should report it.

I always enchant the weapon to avoid the increased damage taken.

• Like 1