Robotic limbs

In the first game before it came out there was some talk of having robotic limbs like Vader. The topic was brought up in the first KOTOR forums, but the devs decided against it since you can not dismember anyone in the game. However I was thinking that perhaps at the very start of the game you could pick to have a robotic arm, hand, or whatever while your customizing your character.

This is why i can't stand Star Wars fans...

what are u even doing here!?! just leave why don't u. everytime i visit this forum i run across a couple of your posts and they are always some stupid , negative, crap. they might not all be crap, but the majority are. making posts like the one above is just a waste of this forums space!! get it together guy, and stop being such a negative ****!!

Could we try to post with civility? Remember, if you have nothing constructive to post, please try PM or do not post at all. Policing is such a bore ... As well, when you are tempted to be baited, take a second, perambulate and reflect ... you'll often find the temptation has passed :lol:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

beleive me when i say that i rarely lash out people like that. but i have lost count of how many times i have had to read some BS post from this Opus chick. I guess reading that last one was the straw that broke the camels back!! i just had to get that off my chest. sorry! enough is enough if u know what i mean!!

Yo Titan, shut your hole. One thing I don't want to see is a bunch of rabid star wars geek monkeys ruin what could be a decently made CRPG. Sheesh, peeps, you already have the damn Jedi forced down our throats. Enough with your Vader fetish fantasies.

Well limbs are a pain, I modded SW:KotOR and the meshes are not segmentated (such as Morrowind for example) and there is one head mesh and one body mesh.

How when putting armor on the .2da that govers how the character looks simply loads a new body mesh and looks for what texture is applied.

I am not saying limbs are impossible but the amount of work required for making textures, meshes and make sure the 2da entry is a subtancial amount of work and not the effort ... unless of course its to implement my sugestion.

drakron.png

Before I played Knights of the Old Republic, I had no interest in Star Wars, the Star Wars RPG, or the Star Wars universe. I picked up the game because I enjoy CRPGs and I had heard this was a good one. Now, I still don't know that much about the Star Wars universe so I rarely am bothered by the idea that Jedi aren't uber-powerful, that the d20 rules weren't used, or that there are no robotic arms. However, it is important to remember that Knights of the Old Republic might not have been as successful if it didn't have the Star Wars fan community around it. It's possible that without them there would be no second game. A gaming community is just that, it's a collection of different people with different wants and desires. Simply because I don't share those specific desires doesn't mean they're not valid.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Don't forget Luke fetish!

Really though, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have someone (You or a party member) lose a limb, and then work through the um, problems that result from such things. Perhaps if it was the main char, you could have a choice of getting a replacement, or simply adapting to your loss. Losing a limb would give dex/str penalties but you'd earn major LS points/boosted force powers as a reward.

Or whatever. All hypothetical(s).