Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[build] Witch "The Banshee Build" -very high damage berserker/ascendant rdps caster

cipher berserker witch build

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

1TTFFSSE

1TTFFSSE

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 527 posts

Captain's Banquet is definitely amazing, for the other bonuses too, and should be used for any tough fight, but it's expensive and limited. Drugs for regular fights. I just find that playstyle annoying (using consumables in general - I've beaten the game on PotD without using a single consumable, just because). But that's my personal problem.

Modwyr offhand is probably the second best option, just as a anti-confusion stat stick? Caroc armor gives up speed and damage, and priest has other things to do or will run out of casts in a long fight.

By the way at high level if you have a support chanter they have a chant that gets rid of confusion as well. Modwyr is a good stat stick anyways if its lash bonuses apply to spells but I have not tested it specifically on a spellcaster. 

thundercleese

thundercleese

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 465 posts
I always wanted to know if that chant could for example downgrade dominate to charmed, then charmed to confused, then remove confused.

TheMetaphysician

TheMetaphysician

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

This build looks really cool and way different than anything I've played; I'd like to try it out. Two questions:

(1) Could you run this on Serafen? You won't be an ascendant or a berserker; does that just kill the whole idea?

(2) If I'm using Kitchen Stove for another character, could you recommend a substitute weapon for the opener?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14524 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

1) Kind of kills the idea, yes. Not completely, but partially. The basic idea is to use Frenzy/Bloodlust and later Blood Thirst to shorten (or even omit) recovery while ascended (= casting with no focus). You will still have high casting speed but you will run out of focus quickly and have to fall back to dealing weapon damage. It still kind of works, but the best thing about this build is not going to happen.

2) Hand mortar(s), Watershaper's Focus with Blast, the Red Hand 

Edited by Boeroer, 09 January 2019 - 03:46 AM.

Haplok

Haplok

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

2) Also Amira's Wing Horrid Wilting. I think its per rest, though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cipher, berserker, witch, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users